4/23/2006

Knowing Strangers

It's been a while since I posted last. I've been busy finishing off a project, which has now been sent off to Amsterdam (mental pause to quietly celebrate), and doing some blue screen tests for my next film. I'm fairly impressed so far and with some new lights, a few more weeks of product testing, and a week of hard writing, I'm optimistic that the film's going to impress (me anyway).

Talking of things I've produced, some of you may remember this piece from the old blog. Yes, it was actually the script for one of my films. Enjoy.

free video hosting
Free Video Hosting


Knowing Strangers was my very first festival piece. I had no expectations for it whatsoever. The joy for me was actually making the film and seeing a finished product. How did it do?




Yeah, OK, it did pretty well. Winning awards is still a surreal experience for me. It's a completely seperate process from the business of actually making films. Although the majority of my films manage to sneak an award from somewhere the above award is the only one you'd see proudly displayed at home, even with the mispelling of my name. It reminds me that with hard work and dedication it's possible to make your dreams come true.

So, until next time, keep dreaming.

Take: 6

Blogger Calzone mused...

Dragon awards are aces. Very cool short film, I just happened on by here. I don't check this blog obsessively.

Mon Apr 24, 01:38:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

You are a show off

Tue Apr 25, 05:30:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Ms Tasmanian Blackbutt

I think you'll find that the supposedly necessary act of self promotion is actually one of my weak points. I prefer telling my stories, even if that means sitting in a room by myself for months on end making pixels dance across the screen.

I wont be posting pictures of every award I've won. But that particular award was not only unexpected but really helped me believe that if I keep telling stories the way I want to then somewhere at some point in time people are going to listen to them and even enjoy and understand what I'm talking about.

Hope you enjoyed the film.

Rich

Tue Apr 25, 02:19:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Squuuuuuuuuuuuuid!

Don't sweat it man, save it for another time. I've got dial-up at home as well. It rarely gets past the buffering stage and doesn't play properly when it does.

Hope things are peachy keen at your end of the world.

Tue Apr 25, 02:22:00 pm

 
Blogger Wendy mused...

I played it three times using dial up. I liked it even if the sound buffers more quickly than the pics ever will. Congrats on that beautiful prize!

Tue Apr 25, 04:05:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Wendy

Glad you liked it even though you can only listen to it. The sound on Knowing Strangers wasn't the best. Recording through a camera mic in your lounge room tends to have that effect. The music is pretty cool though, I recorded the boys from Bass n Sax live outside central station in Sydney, they were buskers. If you listen carefully enough you can hear the coins people were tossing into their hat. They were happy, nobody was giving them any money until I turned the camera on.

The award is very pretty isn't it. The total prizes amounted to about $5000. Not a bad result when it's your first festival entry and the film cost roughly $100 to make.

Again, Happy Birthday to you!

Rich

Wed Apr 26, 11:07:00 am

 

<< Home