6/02/2006

People!

After enduring a day of listening to the petty-minded gossip-based non-goal-focused opinion on how I do my job (it's a small office and some people need more work) it's amazing how spending an evening with some of the best people I know and some truly cool art can change your whole outlook.







I'm totally in love with Lyndal Campbell. Well, she is a sweet person, but I really mean her art. It feels like She's had too many exhibitions abroad and it was fantastic to see some of her work back in Sydney... well, I don't think there was an unsold painting on the walls so it'll be only a matter of days to see the works before they're whisked off to private collections. Lyndal's a wonderful gifted painter who can really emote with her work, there was one series called Summer Dreaming and it really made me feel like I was that little kid in the backyard with the grass between my toes on a scorching summers day.

Ahhhhh, work!? What work?

Take: 25

Blogger concerned citizen mused...

Qb`nenb/{{{eNb`ne6` epjr1eCeil/6e jh/nbflae6` erk&e'rn&eCenbjrabnefne6` e jh/jl/e/g /e/lnfm/gp*eB`eb`

Vjre`m/e`e"g/2/me'jp*

Fri Jun 02, 10:29:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Qb`ne`m/epjren`giflae`'jrn{eCe?jl;ne/2/leilj6ebj6enjerl?/m n`l?enb`ne nm`la/e"j?/ejcepjrm *

Fri Jun 02, 10:45:00 am

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

V/`b&e6/ggepjre'/nn/me n`pejlepjrmenj/ *e

Vjrel/2/meilj6e6bjehfabne"jh/enje2f fn*e([U+

Fri Jun 02, 11:06:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Ibea`6?&eljneP`ln`e`a`fl***eC;he je f"iejcenb`nearp1eeQ`fn&eljeC;heljn&eCegj2/eP`ln`*eeV`````````p1eP`ln`; e"jhfla&eP`ln`; e"jhfla1

Fri Jun 02, 11:17:00 am

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

aje`b/`?e!ehj"ieh/*epjrehfabne'/en`giflaejrnenb/ejnb/m f?/e jh/e?`p*e[$

Fri Jun 02, 12:49:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

C;he`gm/`?pen`giflaenjepjrecmjhenb/ejnb/m f?/&eCe?f/?enbm//e`l?e`eb`gcep/`m e`aj*eeNbf ef e`eajj?e6`penje"jhhrlf"`n/e6fnbenb/eg`l?ejcenb/egf2fla*eeIrfd`e'`jm? e`m/e jjjjjeg` nehfgg/llfrh*

Fri Jun 02, 01:00:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

C;hem/`?penje"b`la/enb/e r'd/"n*e?jepjre6`lnenjea/nel` np

Fri Jun 02, 01:22:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Cool! No!

Fri Jun 02, 01:26:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

HA!

Fri Jun 02, 01:29:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

Like I said, don't underestimate the power of a woman.

Fri Jun 02, 01:34:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I have never, not even a single day of my life, underestimated the power of a wombat.

Fri Jun 02, 02:02:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

Alright, that's disarming.

Fri Jun 02, 02:06:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

btw, those really are nice paintings.

Fri Jun 02, 02:22:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Yeah, they are... even better at full size from a few feet away. I was really surprised, I go to these rinky-dink little exhibition openings that have half a dozen people who tend to be related to the artist and get very disappointed at how mundane Sydney work can be. Lyndal Campbell is a blessing, fantastic paintings. Now, if only I had a few spare thousand dollars to buy one... if there were any left.

Fri Jun 02, 02:41:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

for the record Nb/efl2fn`nfjlenje /4
just an effective weapon to stop people in their tracks. that's all nothing more.

Fri Jun 02, 08:23:00 pm

 
Blogger Mad Munkey mused...

Thought you were a creative spammer. My apologies. Come visit (and comment) whenever you like. :-P

Fri Jun 02, 10:20:00 pm

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

I see €ncryptør has found a niche. Success! I'm a marketing genius!

Sat Jun 03, 05:32:00 am

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

:)

Sat Jun 03, 06:26:00 am

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

hey, come back to my blog a minute I put up one of my paintings.

Sat Jun 03, 09:08:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

L>T:, Rich, I don't understand you when you talk that way!

Sat Jun 03, 01:43:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

Good! That's the way it's supposed to be

Sat Jun 03, 02:25:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I don't usually blog on weekends, but the PC was on so I thought I'd give it a brief glance... Hi everyone, enjoying yourselves? Good! Play friendly.

I'll be back on Monday.

Sat Jun 03, 03:01:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

it's a secret alien language...I love the "Celebration" painting. Very interesting style! Even though it's oil, it looks like watercolor.

Sun Jun 04, 08:00:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

l>t, Huh?

mad munkey, I am a creative spammer... you've been duped. Hahaha, haha, h-eeeer, ok, I have you bookmarked. I'll be back.

gyrobo, yes, yes you are! €ncryptør is the greatest invention since, since, since your last invention?!

Squid, I'll buy that for a dollar!

l>t, indeed!

SafeT, I don't understand it either. Just don't blink, you know that's when they attack!

l>t, is it good? Is it really?

Rich, Hi there yourself handsome! Glad you had a nice weekend. I particularly enjoyed watching the the game between Australia and the Netherlands with you last night. 1-1, not bad eh?! Now get back to work!

Jlee, I really liked that one as well, looks much better in person. From what I could tell, I think Lyndal rubs the background of her paintings back using thinners which gives that blended water-colour look. She's good, very good.

Mon Jun 05, 11:40:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Fri Jul 21, 06:31:00 am

 

<< Home