12/21/2006

Prize? Prize! Prize?!

Finally.

As the winner of the Inaugural GetFilms Competitive Competition for Curious Competitors Monkey was promised a Rocket ride. Well, here it is. It's spectacular. Thanks to editing. The actual experience was let's say... underwhelming. Barely enough to give Monkey a concussion. I told him to wear a helmet but he insisted that he had great faith in my engineering skills. Foolish ape. It does make for some entertaining viewing and, well, Monkeys resulting trip to the hospital provided us all with some wonderful post launch 'highs'.



There will be another rocket launch once I've sorted out a glitch in the Solid Fuel Delivery System, at the moment it doesn't mix all the solid fuel with the liquid fuel (Bi-Carb with Vinegar - It's high-tech stuff people!). I'm also modifying the rocket nozzle which will have one of three effects, 1. Gain a LOT more height; 2. Sit on the launch pad blowing vinegar out it's end with no lift-off; or 3. It will blow up. Personally, I hoping for one or three but two would be pretty entertaining too.

Anyway, Ticharu has put his hand up for the next passenger but I'm totally open to bribes :)

Take: 42

Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I am glad monkey is alive, but it would be funny to play at the end the Pixies song "This monkey's gone to heaven" (I'm going to go put that on now :) )

Thu Dec 21, 09:46:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I dont trust Pixies :)

They're always stealing my Scotch.

Thu Dec 21, 09:51:00 am

 
Blogger Monkey mused...

I look forward to receiving my poster. Please send it to
Room 301
Monkey Hospital
Portland, Maine
USA

Thank you. Ahem.

Thu Dec 21, 09:56:00 am

 
Blogger Unknown mused...

"Eh... Wait!"

That is classic! I love it.

Monkey is disgruntled, but I LOVE IT. Genius, as always.

Thu Dec 21, 09:57:00 am

 
Blogger Calzone mused...

That was awesome Dogpound! Can you do one when like a rock drops on his back and breaks his spine where his head can move but he can't move his body?

Thu Dec 21, 10:06:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

That wasn't really pixies. I drank it when you were in the bathroom and blamed it on the pixies. They didn't argue because they had too much "Pixie Dust"

Thu Dec 21, 10:10:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Sorry Poopers

I'm stuck doing work stuff. I'll be back to answer your wonderful comments as soon as I can :)

Thu Dec 21, 10:23:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

I suppose solid fuel rockets are out of the question? It's just that I told Sexy Mona, Hottie Cutie and Wilhameana Aristotle Hilton that I'd be going up in a rocket and that rocket is pretty sad as rockets go! I'll never get anything more than a handshake (and a broken neck!)
Solid fuel, 2 stage rocket with a payload and a freakin parachute dude or I'll have to talk to the big boys at NASA.
Hottie Cutie says 'Hi *giggles*' BTW...

Thu Dec 21, 12:29:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

Well, the rocket was pretty big. & All those multiple "blast-offs". It looked good on film, but doesn't it always?

I do know how disappointing those quick 4 second "flash in the pans" things can be, though.
Better luck next time...

Thu Dec 21, 12:36:00 pm

 
Blogger jin mused...

LMAO @ that vid, rich!
You made my 10 minute break today great! LOL!

Thu Dec 21, 12:56:00 pm

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

Animal rocketry is so much better than animal husbandry.

Thu Dec 21, 01:18:00 pm

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

Oh the humanity!!!!

Thu Dec 21, 02:09:00 pm

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

When are you going to show up on film? I have to see if you really are crush-worthy. And yes, I am that shallow.

Thu Dec 21, 02:09:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Yes, brookelina, he is. So crush away :)

Thu Dec 21, 02:54:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

AAAAH! Where is the monkey crash helmet, the flame retardant suit? What kind of 2 bit operation ran this rocket launch??

Fri Dec 22, 02:55:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Sorry Peoples. Yesterday was just plain crazy at work. And then I had, HAD to go and have Xmas drinks with my buddies before we all went our seperate ways for the season. I HAD to drink beer. Its the law.

Fri Dec 22, 09:13:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Monkey, awwwww, stop playing the sympathy card. I know for a fact that you were in and out of hospital in about 2 hours. They gave us excellent medicated Bananas and sent us on our way.

Your exploits gave us free reign to all of Maines hottest night clubs. Not to mention I saw you slipping into a limo with a rather drunk Salma Hayek at the end of the night.

You are one fantastic Monkey. The poster, which I'm sure you'll share with the boy, will be posted sometime between Xmas and New Year.

Fri Dec 22, 09:20:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hey MH, it gladdens my heart that you "LOVE IT". Even if Monkey is being a little... you know... but he did look super cute on top of the rocket.

The 'wait' part had Mooncar rolling on the floor for sometime. She kept saying, "play it again, no, my stomach hurts, yes, play it again."

Fri Dec 22, 09:23:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Zoner! Dude! Come now, do you really think that I'd go all Steven Hawkings on Monkeys ass. No. I'm saving that for you.

Merry Crassmas and a boozey New Year to you Dragon.

Fri Dec 22, 09:25:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Craaaaaaaaaaaaabtreeeeeeeee! You did what? I'm so angr..y grrr errr sooo maaaaad aaarrrrggghhh.

I spent hours beating the dust out of those pixies for stealing my scotch. And NOW I have a labour problem at the munitions factory. Damn things seem to think beatings aren't appropriate in the workplace. Geeez.

I'll git you my pretty!

Fri Dec 22, 09:28:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Dude, you should be honoured to ride on this rocket. It's not like you've got people offering you rocket rides left, right and centre. Well, except maybe Hottie Cutie. I know she's helped me 'launch my rocket' many times.

Her fairly decieving though, outside of a dark room & drug haze she's neither hot nor cute. Wilhameana on the other hand... *whew* now she's one righteous babe!

Fri Dec 22, 09:37:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

You know how it is L>t, once the rocket is loaded. It's kind of hard for it not to go off right away. There were a number of times it went off in my hand, the way I jumped around and squealed was too embarrassing to show on video though.

The only saving grace is that the rocket is reusable. It went off many, many times. In the end everyone was satisfied.

Fri Dec 22, 09:40:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Oh Jin, you need more than a 10 minute break. Those people demanding Christmas cookies sent to their friends are such a pain in the arse. Thankyou for doing that, they're a hit!

Glad you like the vid. Hope you make it until the shoppe closes.

Fri Dec 22, 09:44:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Gyrobo!

What a way with words you have.

Still, I'd like that empirically tested.

Fri Dec 22, 09:51:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Brooke, nah, it wasn't that bad. Editing a film makes.

I'm not going to show up on film. A little anonymity is a good thing out here on the web. There are pyschos out here you know.

But yeah, I'm like totally hot, well a little hot, ok, I'm a Grossbeast from the planet Gruesomia. Got a pretty fine ass though.

Fri Dec 22, 09:55:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Diana, shhhh, as probably the only person around these parts to know what I look like I expect you to not give any of the ladies false hope. Tell the truth. I'm a gargoyle ;)

Fri Dec 22, 09:57:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

JLee, it was run by G3tfilms. I believe the totally budget was 50 bucks and change. That's a lot more than 2 bits. 2 bits is the equivilant of $37.59 Australian. I far exceeded that amount.

As for Monkey's safety gear, well, I tried to get him to wear it but he was all like, "No! I'm a Star! How are they going to see my beautiful face and fur?" I tried to tell him it was an untested rocket but he was adament. Alas, he only realised his folly 1 second prior launch. I could have stopped it but Purple pressed the launch button anyway. I think he was jealous.

Fri Dec 22, 10:03:00 am

 
Blogger Arcturus mused...

Rich, exactly what medications are you taking? Anything that would put me into low Earth orbit on a solid rocket booster sounds like my kinda med.

Fri Dec 22, 10:06:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Squid! That video was freak'n brilliant. I'm sure it's the same type of reaction my current fuel generates except that mine only costs about 25cents per launch. At that price I'll stick with the no-brand option, thanks.

You're glad you didn't win! Where's your sense of adventure?Where I ask? Who else in blogger is offering rocket rides? No-one, that's who! If you dont want a funny and free if not fun ride on a rocket then you're just mad... insane... crazy... yeah, I don't blame you really.

Oh and the rocket was made in the States. But I am on-selling my expertise to the Koreans. I can't do any worse than they are.

Fri Dec 22, 10:11:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Arcturus. Dude, I don't need medication.

I think you've mistaken someone who has a little fun and uses their imagination for a crazy person.

Me and my other personalities take offence.

Fri Dec 22, 10:15:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

OK, I'll go in the rocket on ONE condition! Jin rides on top to cushion the blow! Deal???

Fri Dec 22, 11:04:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

OMG!!! Sure 'nuff was something in the box!!! OMG!!! Blow me down man! You're toooooo cool! Yowza!
Now I can tell you FIRST HAND Jintrinsique KNOWS her stuff!!! DEVINE!!! I mean, I'm about to move to Wisconsin just to be close to her bakery!
Well, Merry Christmas Rich! Incredible!

Fri Dec 22, 11:27:00 am

 
Blogger Arcturus mused...

You can't be a real Aussie bloke if you take offense ('offence' in Aussie English) that easily. And what are you doing inside at a computer on your first day of summer down there?

Besides, you haven't posted a comment on my blog in, like, forever, so the offense redounds off me and back to you.

I thought you might find the Great Australian Bight picture interesting.

Fri Dec 22, 11:59:00 am

 
Blogger Wendy mused...

I'm glad Monkey won. It wouldn't have been nearly as funny with anyone else.

That blue screen trick was cool!

Fri Dec 22, 01:34:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

Hmmm, it almost sounds like you thought I was talking about something else.
My goodness, I'm glad MY brain doesn't hang around in the gutter all the time. I've been too busy working on my penis enlargement post.

honestly, the movie was very good & a hoot!

Sat Dec 23, 02:11:00 am

 
Blogger Arcturus mused...

A not-so-subtle way for L>T to advertise her current blog entry ...

Sat Dec 23, 08:04:00 am

 
Blogger JLee mused...

Even Lance Bass wasn't such a prima donna...sheesh.

Sat Dec 23, 09:59:00 am

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

Okay, maybe animal rocketry isn't better than animal husbandry. Unless you count cuttlefish husbandry, I've had a grudge against cuttlefish ever since a web program I invented based on cuttlefish refused to work with Firefox.

Bah! I spit on the cuttlefish. Curse their cuttles!

Sat Dec 23, 10:12:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

ticharu: "OK, I'll go in the rocket on ONE condition! Jin rides on top to cushion the blow! Deal???

Deal!
I like to be on top!
HAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

*The author of this blog comment takes NO responsibility for any obscene comment made whilst she is going for days without any sleep.

Sat Dec 23, 11:01:00 am

 
Blogger Arcturus mused...

Lance Bass gives me acid reflux and inflames my IBS. JLee -- to whom were you referring about being a bigger prima donna than Lance Bass?

--La'Chantél Riçadà Du'Prima

Sat Dec 23, 12:09:00 pm

 
Blogger jamwall mused...

if NASA had gone with vinegar and sodium bicarbonate then the challenger disaster could have been averted.

or at least much funnier than it turned out to be.

Sat Dec 23, 03:22:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

It's really close, it's almost near...

Reasons Greetings, rich!!!!!

Sun Dec 24, 04:56:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home