11/27/2006

England, All at Sea... without a Paddle.

English selectors announce reshuffle
Wednesday, November 27 2006 14:37 Hrs (EST)
By ThatsNotCricket Special Correspondent


Brisbane: English chairman of selectors David Graveney, who witnessed todays crushing 277 run defeat of England by the Australian XI, has announced that a reshuffle of Englands starting line-up will be necessary before the second Ashes test due to start in Adelaide on Friday. He has stated that are "looking for more experience in both our batting and bowling attacks".

The Dad's Army tag levelled at the Australians seems to have inspired Mr Graveney as he announced the recall of one Englands legendary test Allrounders. Mr Graveney believes the "... innate skill with bat and ball, maturity, and experience of W G Grace (pictured below) will far outway his lack of recent Test exposure due to his death in the early part of last century. The Australians thrashed England despite the criticisms that the Australians were too old so I'm assuming that Australia will have no answer against a decomposed 158 year old."




In other news, English chairman of selectors David Graveney committed for psychiatric treatment follow devestating start to the English Ashes campaign.

Take: 15

Blogger jin mused...

Ok...I admit I could NOT concentrate on the story tonight.....

I could NOT get past 2 things:

1. That beard! YUCK!!!! EWWW!!!! Not in my bed! :-P Icky.

and

2. You said English.
:-D
*jin gets dreamy eyes*
I hear 'English' & I picture all sorts of Gorgeous British men.....
.............
.............
.............
.............
.............

what?
OH!
Rich! What are you doing here?
oh....I'm at your blog.

hmmm....I forgot I came here.
I'll go read your post!
:-D

Mon Nov 27, 06:46:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hahaha! I don't expect anyone from America to actually care enough to try and read it.

1. Ha! It's pretty fantastical isn't it!? It's an unknown fact that all Englishmen have beards like that. I personally find the pot belly under the pants waistband to be the highlight of photo.

2. I have a lot of English friends, just not during the Ashes apparently ;) I would set you up with one but, you know, you're married. If you like I can do a passable Essex accent.

Mon Nov 27, 09:27:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

I didn't know Fidel Castro played Cricket?

Tue Nov 28, 01:37:00 am

 
Blogger Arcturus mused...

What's a tag? L>T "tagged" me. What am I supposed to say or do?

Re. your list, jeepers.

I've got, like, 8 masters degrees and I'm still flailing about in life. So I can agree with you from the other side of that coin. I refer to #3 in your prev. entry.

That 6 degrees of separation between every human on Earth is nonsense. Don't believe that. It is probably some sort of thing derived from the Christian Genesis account that it took 6 days to make the Earth. Or that there are 6 "work days" and the 7th is "the Sabbath." I'm just thinking out loud on those.


If you get picked over other people so much, it means you have in some combination one or more of the following: charisma, charm, good looks, connections, or a lot of luck. Based on how you wrote about yourself, it is probably some combination of the first three.

Score.

Tue Nov 28, 09:15:00 am

 
Blogger Arcturus mused...

Oh, yes, if you are going to do at least one kind of film from different genres, you will need a variety of characteristics for each ...

Tue Nov 28, 09:17:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Of course he did JLee, everyone has heard of the Cuban Cricket Crisis :)

Tue Nov 28, 09:41:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Arcturus,

Just re-answer the questions that l>t has on her blog from your point of view.

8 masters degrees, dude! You need to leave Uni :)

I'm glad you believe the 6 degrees of seperation is nonsense, and I'll take your suggestion to believe something other than what I want to believe under advisement, thanks.

I dont think I have any more or less of those characteristics than a lot of other people... but I don't believe in luck.

Once again, thanks for your advice on filmmaking, I'll take it under advisement.

Tue Nov 28, 09:50:00 am

 
Blogger Arcturus mused...

Oddly enuf, most of the improvisational films that get made and shown in my 'community' seem to get made in the San Fernando Valley of California.

You should do one of your 06/06/06 posting. I'd pay money to see that unfold.

Actually, it's 2 going on 3.

BTW, it is so odd to talk to you in Australia and then this other dude, Rackorf, who lives in Western Australia and seems to be a character out of a novel about life in the bush country. (He's linked off my blog if you're interested.)

Tue Nov 28, 11:09:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I'm not sure I have what it takes to make gay/lesbian cinema... I'd feel like a hypocrite, but I do understand love (sometimes) which I'd like to see your 'community' make more films about that subject.

Good idea, it's been too long since I've had a story on here. I'll put up a post later today. Well, really it because I know how much you Americans adoooore cricket :)

Tue Nov 28, 11:30:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

LMAO...
I married a Brit!!!!
:-D
Thought everyone knew that already...that was half the joke...lol!
(We met on the internet & he moved here.)
He's still got his accent, too. *HUGE GRIN*

Remember Morticia from the addams family? She always got hot from different accents? Yeah...that's me! Heeheeheeee!!!!

Oh, BTW: My husband does NOT have a yucky beard like that, or a pot belly! EW!!!! LOL.

Tue Nov 28, 11:32:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Well, you can tell your hubbie from me, "Well played in the first Test. I hope to see it again soon".

Wow, I didn't know you were married to a Pom and I certainly didn't know that it was a e-romance. That's too cute! And not a little daring I might say :) How long have you been married?

PS. He does so! He just hasn't shown you yet.

PPS. Ahhh, C'est la vie, mon chéri

Tue Nov 28, 11:49:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

LOl...we met in a chat room...how about that?!!? Yes, very daring as he had never been to the states before! Married 4 years this past June 1st.

PS. No way...as a pastry chef I married the perfect guy. He can eat & eat & eat & never gain an ounce! He's tall & skinny! LOL

PPS. *GASP!* Shame on YOU!
French is very nice
but to add lot's of spice
count in German
& I'll be squirmin'!!!!

Heeheee!!! :-D

Tue Nov 28, 12:56:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Why can I imagine you stalking him through cyber-space :)

PS. Yes way! You just wait and see, one day you'll walk into the room when he's not expecting you and *wham* Pot belly and a beard!

Well, German I can definitely do seeing as I have a dutch/germanic background. Du bist eine Durch?

Tue Nov 28, 02:11:00 pm

 
Blogger axx mused...

I've been musing away, trying to work out if your knowledge of English cricket is so deep that you appreciate the fact that of course as a fellow Gloucestershire player Graveney would play WGG given half the chance :-)

Of course you could be coming from the lookalike Monty angle but as WGG was a batsman this is unlikely!


Anyway loved the post, nice piccie :-)

Tue Nov 28, 05:55:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hahaha! Oh Axx, I'm a novice when it comes to English cricket. I know a little more about Essex cause I have several friends from the area but I'm by no means an expert. Now, New South Wales and Aussie cricket is a bit different.

I come from a graphics & photography background so the real reason I decided on WGG is cause to me it's a classic image of English cricket history. As in 'We may be old but England is history'... just jokes of course. I just love the whole Ashes rivalary, but I don't take it seriously. Good luck in Adelaide, it's great the Barmy Army get the Hill. The series wouldn't be the same without ya.

Wed Nov 29, 10:53:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home