12/13/2006

The Inaugural GetFilms Competitive Competition for Curious Competitors

The video explains it all... **UPDATE: I now know what's in the box. None of you are even close, including Wendy (no packaging at all), so think non-xmas and film/theatre related. Go crazy - keep guessing. Once I convince Mooncar to look at my blog we'll decide a winner if no-one gets it. It'll take me a couple of days at least**



There is of course another, more tangible, prize on offer that I'll send to the winning blogger. If no-one actually guesses correctly then no-one wins the prize. I'm quite mean really, OK, I'm not, I'll give the prize to the guess a panel of experts, well, Mooncar and I, think was the best answer.

Oh, and just so you know, I'm not in the habit of buying toy rockets. It's entertainment for my niece and nephew over Christmas... and now us.

...and I've been completely neglect in my duty as a fellow blogger, mostly cause most of you animals would know anyway, go check out B-Hip's new movie if you haven't already. It's very funny.

PS. Butt-plug

Take: 57

Blogger Ticharu mused...

It's a frikken Santa Claus suit!

Thu Dec 14, 12:09:00 am

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

That was about the nuttiest video i've ever seen!

What's in the box? Magic tricks w/instructions & a cape.

Thu Dec 14, 03:01:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Well, since the holidays are coming up, it's obviously...A MONKEY!

Thu Dec 14, 03:18:00 am

 
Blogger Bathroom Hippo mused...


Somehow I don't think I'll be able to fit in that rocket.

But I still want a trip to outer space anyway!

A travel bag?

Thu Dec 14, 04:44:00 am

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

23 inches of awesome power. hehehehe

Thu Dec 14, 10:18:00 am

 
Blogger Arcturus mused...

It's, like, really difficult to interact with you on your blog anymore 'cuz the computer I use doesn't allow me to look at all these animations and movies ... I can see Bathroom Hippo's but not yours.

Thu Dec 14, 10:22:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Tich, damn, I'm going too have to put on some weight.

PS. Please dont shoot me if it is.

Thu Dec 14, 10:23:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Thank you L>t. I hope that's a compliment.

Hmmm, Magic tricks w/instructions & a cape. I do all my magic in the bedroom. I don't need instructions but the cape could be fun.

Thu Dec 14, 10:24:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

See, now Diana, that's the kind of guess that's going to win you a ride on a Rocket. I'm not sure why a Monkey would be coming from a theatrical supplies store but OK, your guess is noted.

Thu Dec 14, 10:26:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Oh, I think you will fit just fine in the Rocket B-Hip. You forget, I have a small plush hippo I picked up at the store for $2. I'm sure it can be strapped to a rocket.

The travel bag idea is kinda concerning. I can just imagine Mooncar saying, "Here, have a bag. Go travelling. Don't come back."

Thu Dec 14, 10:28:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Brooke, Hehehe, I know...

No guess? Is the box empty?

Thu Dec 14, 10:29:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Arcturus, yes, you've mentioned it before. The basic premise is that I recieved a box. I don't know what's in the box. It's from a theatrical supplies store. Guess what's in the box and win a flight on a rocketship.

Thu Dec 14, 10:31:00 am

 
Blogger JLee mused...

I'm going with an elf suit. I know you secretly have always wanted to be an elf.

Thu Dec 14, 10:48:00 am

 
Blogger JLee mused...

...with 23 inches of awesome power of course.

Thu Dec 14, 10:48:00 am

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

I'm going to guess it's your long-awaited plus-sized vinyl dress, fishnet stockings, and studded collar. The wig and whip are sold separately, so they should show up sometime around the new year.

Thu Dec 14, 11:18:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

JLee, ahem, I can't imagine what I would do as an Elf with 23 inches of awesome power. The ladies would be a tad afraid methinks.

But I would like to be a 23 inch tall Elf with Awesome Powers. Except for the obvious small dog attacks, that'd be great. My powers would include seeing into closed boxes and singing out of key.

Thu Dec 14, 12:00:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Brooke, now that's just sensible!

We've been talking about having a Rocky Horror party for ages. Maybe, maybe!

Thu Dec 14, 12:00:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Oh, and I should point out to B-Hip that Bagmaster is a packaging company that supplies shipping boxes not the company the box contents is from.

Thu Dec 14, 12:02:00 pm

 
Blogger Monkey mused...

Oh my! This video made my hoo-hah happy.

Er. Ahem.

Box. Yes. What's in the box, box, box? I don't think it is a monkey. A monkey would require holes and a bit more room. I am going to guess it's an even dozen magic wands. Chocolate magic wands.

That's it.

Thu Dec 14, 01:00:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

That's fantastic Monkey! No, not the hoo-hah although that's a nice side-effect too.

That would mean I could eat 11 chocolate magic wands and still have one left over to use in my battle against Harry Potter, yes, that's right, I AM LORD CHOCOLATE... wait, no, VOLDEMORT! Damn, should have practiced that one. It really ruins ones evil reputation when you make public gaffs like that. Oh well, I can always fall back on Parliament if the magical evil overload thing doesn't work out.

Thu Dec 14, 01:17:00 pm

 
Blogger Wendy mused...

Packing material, DUH!

Thu Dec 14, 01:27:00 pm

 
Blogger Monkey mused...

Does this mean you are moving to Canberra? Shall I forward your fan mail?

Thu Dec 14, 01:32:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I don't think anyone can argue with that Wendy. I don't know what's in the box but it's probably a safe bet that you're clearly ahead of the game at this point.

I'd say your festive brassiere may very well be ready to launch. Now, if only I can find a way to explain to my niece and nephew why there's a bra on the rocket.

Thu Dec 14, 01:39:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Well, Monkey, it's not a forgone conclusion.

Failing to kill young school boys and facial deformation isn't a strong platform. I may need to downgrade to population control through Giant attacks... or I could just wear womens clothing like a normal male member of parliament.

Thu Dec 14, 01:46:00 pm

 
Blogger jin mused...

Damn...I researched the same company Hippo did.
(Bagmasters Australia is Asia/Pacific’s largest security and cash bag manufacturer.)

Ok...next guess is:
A stuffed Steve Irwin doll that you can fit in your litte seat?
*hysterical laughter*
(I did NOT mean that way....)
The little seat of that remote control car.

But I do know I'd be a very happy girl with 23 inches of awesome power in my box. WOOPS! er...I mean that box. Yeah...that's what I meant.

Did I win?

Thu Dec 14, 02:22:00 pm

 
Blogger Monkey mused...

Great. Now I can't get this song out of my head.

Thu Dec 14, 02:29:00 pm

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

Hence the need for the vinyl dress, fishnet stockings, and the studded collar. See? I'm psychic.

Psycho? Whatever.

Thu Dec 14, 02:37:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Oh Jin, oh, oh, Jin... I don't think you'd be a happy girl. I think you'd be in hospital.

I'll let you know if you've won with a, I think I have this right after reading all that smut, a Steve Irwin doll.

Thu Dec 14, 03:45:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Monkey!

As a young teenager that was one of my favourite songs. Of course when sang it in PE class I got some strange looks and loads of derision when singing "I wish I was a girly just like my deeeear mamaaaaaa". Ingrates, comedy gold!

Thu Dec 14, 03:47:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Yes Brooke, and a wonderful psycho you are too. Put down the knife Brooke... Brooke! Put it down. BROOKE! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, thankyou for buttering the toast.

Thu Dec 14, 03:49:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

I ended up reading all your comments just now. Hillarious!

Be sure to drop me a line if you open the box before I get back.

Fri Dec 15, 01:14:00 am

 
Blogger jamwall mused...

obviously its about 30 smaller boxes descending in size designed to drive the recipient insane and thus bludgeon himself with 23 inches of awesome power (only to realize that its made out of foam and balsewood).

Fri Dec 15, 01:29:00 am

 
Blogger Bathroom Hippo mused...


A mask?

corset? hahah

Fri Dec 15, 05:18:00 am

 
Blogger Wendy mused...

Just for the record, and to maybe save the explanation of a bra on a rocket, Squid commented under my name, sooo, you could put a Squid on a rocket should we win. (Even though I came up with the packing material, hehehe!)

Fri Dec 15, 07:09:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

A purple velour bolero jacket

Fri Dec 15, 09:40:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

My wife thinks its a wookie mask.
I think that "Australian Bagmasters" is such an awesome tradename that what is in the box is entirely moot. I just want a box with the word "BagMasters" on the side.

....and I figure that the box has a physical object inside.

Fri Dec 15, 02:00:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

My second guess is a rubber "gimp" suit complete with ball gag. Did I win yet?

Fri Dec 15, 02:31:00 pm

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

I stand by my guess.

Fri Dec 15, 07:41:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I guess I should get to answering some comments.

I can say that no-one is even close, except maybe SafeT but he also described everything in the known universe. When I said think film/theatre, I guess I should have said think film/ theatre PRODUCTION. My bad!

Anyway, tomorrow is going to be crazy due to a Birfday party so keep guessing if you like.

Fri Dec 15, 09:36:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Ticha! Yup, comments are definitely the guiding force in blogging. Or I should say, good/interesting/funny comments. There are good people here.

The box is open, we may announce tommorrow morning if we get a chance before going out.

Fri Dec 15, 09:39:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Jamwall, thanks for dropping bye Bro.

Insanity inducing boxes are soooo 1987! Although a Hellraiser box would be cool. Mind you, those Cenobites hooks get a little tiresome after the first century.

Fri Dec 15, 09:44:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

B-Hip, what's funny about a corset? I wear one every day. Really shows off my tits! Ahem, no, not either of those things...

Fri Dec 15, 09:45:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Wendy! Is squid commenting under your profile because he likes looking at your avitar or because he's trying to attract boys?

I still can't believe there was no packing material. But no, didn't need anything. It's soft.

Fri Dec 15, 09:47:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Diana, Diana, Diana, I told you I wasn't going to wear one... again... not purple anyway, clashes with my lipstick.

Fri Dec 15, 09:48:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

SafeT, I was going to snub you... but you know, that would be only funny to me ;)

A wookie mask would be excellent. I can't imagine where I'd wear it. I'm not really into the Star Wars convention thing... more into helping make the final 3 films. It was fun work for such terrible films. The Special and Digital FX where of particular interest for me.

I'll send you the box with the prize if you win.

And I think with that type of guess you may win, what with the broadness of it. Fool, I would never accept such an answer, maybe.

Fri Dec 15, 09:53:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

JLee, I don't need another one. I've already got a closet full. Although some of the ball-gags are looking a little over used. Maybe I should get a new one. Cast Iron this time I think.

Fri Dec 15, 09:55:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Cricket, hey cutie, long time no see!

It's actually not a marionette, but that's at least a sensible guess. Who wants those! I can say that it will be something I use in conjunction with puppets in the future.

Fri Dec 15, 09:57:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Squid, dude, stop getting jealous of the good guessing skills of your puppets.

It would be a lot of fun to put Murp! over the top of 23 inches of power and set it off. He'd probably get a little damaged though... waaaait, that's not a bad thing.

Fri Dec 15, 09:59:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Brooke, I wouldn't if I were you! Standing is so boring. Maybe you could try bathing in a hot soapy tub lit by candle light. Yeah, that would be much better than standing.

Fri Dec 15, 10:02:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

There's some good hints in amongst those last set of comments.

I'll try and wrap this thing up tommorrow. I may not get time though so you might as well have fun with your guesses until I do.

Fri Dec 15, 10:04:00 pm

 
Blogger Monkey mused...

It's a blue screen!

Sat Dec 16, 12:12:00 am

 
Blogger Murp! mused...

AIR! There is air in the box. Along with something else, but there is definately air! 23 inches of awesome power! Me want power! MORE POWER!!!

Sat Dec 16, 12:46:00 am

 
Blogger Murp! mused...

COMRADE!

Sat Dec 16, 12:46:00 am

 
Blogger Wendy mused...

software, it's some sort of software for making films.

Sat Dec 16, 05:58:00 am

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

You are really milking this. Have you no shame? I hope not, I like that in a guy.

I mentioned you in my latest post. You'll get a kick out of it.

Sat Dec 16, 12:51:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Thanks everyone for playing.

MONKEY has picked 'WHAT's IN THE BOX?'

Monkey is now officially a LEGEND! We should all bask in the glory that is Monkey :)

Sat Dec 16, 02:16:00 pm

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

Ok, so its a THING, dammit!

Wed Dec 20, 03:11:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home