12/08/2006

Mary Poopins?

In order to fill in the space where a post containing something, anything, that I've produced or written should be... watch this.




Here's the Shining one that Monkey Monkey Monkey mentioned. that reminds me, I was shopping for presents last night and everytime Mooncar asked what I should get for someone I said, "Buy them a Monkey". It gets quite addictive after a while. Try it. OK, maybe that's just me.

Take: 90

Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I would never let my children see that movie! I would only let them watch wholesome movies, like Saw.

Fri Dec 08, 10:54:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Ms Crabtree, I wonder if it's possible to re-cut Saw to make it a happy-go-lucky looking film?

Fri Dec 08, 11:03:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I thought it was relatively happy go lucky.

Just kidding, I never even SAW it. HA HA HA HA

You should do that!

Fri Dec 08, 11:14:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I've not seen it either... HA HA HA... erm... yeah OK, that didn't quite work, I suck at puns.

I could do that... or I could do 'nothing much of anything' like I am at the moment. It's much easier.

Fri Dec 08, 11:21:00 am

 
Blogger JLee mused...

"re-cut Saw" *giggle*

That was frightening...

Fri Dec 08, 11:25:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Did you do the Mary Poppins "Remix"?

Well it could be worse, you could be doing nothing on the couch, still wearing your coat and scarf, with a blanket over you and a space heater on but your STILL cold! Now THAT is a horror movie!

Fri Dec 08, 11:26:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I didn't catch that! Geez, I'm not very sharp. HA HA HA

Fri Dec 08, 11:28:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

JLee, Frightening? Not the new happy sound effects version!

Fri Dec 08, 11:37:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

No, I didn't do the Mary Poppins thing. Just something found on YouTube that I thought was pretty cool. Shows the power editors have :)

That doesn't sound scary. Uncomfortable yes, but not scary. I think you need some egg-nog. That'll warm you up.

Fri Dec 08, 11:39:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

That is so true! And it is amazing the power the music has, if there wasn't the music, how would we know how we are supposed to feel?

Well I have some holly nog here (thats egg nog flavored milk) and some rum for a party tomorrow. But I think I would be an alkie if I opened it now. Maybe moving around a little, say, washing dishes would help. Washing dishes, now THAT is scary!

Fri Dec 08, 11:46:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Yup, the music is the clincher.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh... not the dishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly Nog sounds a little wrong, mind you, anything containing rum is a 'little' wrong. Which of course is what makes it totally right :)

Fri Dec 08, 11:57:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I'm doing them as we speak. That's your fault. I also am having "a spot of tea" (Do Aussie's say that?- or just Brits?)

Holly Nog is really good. I think egg nog is too thick.

Fri Dec 08, 12:03:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Crud! My fault... again? How dare I answer a comment on my site that leads you to believe you should be moving around to get warm. I'm such a cad!

The only time Aussies say 'spot of tea' is when we're taking the mickey out of Poms.

Egg-nog may be a little thick be he's a nice sorta bloke.

Fri Dec 08, 12:14:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Thanks Mate! Hey, who are you calling thick.

Fri Dec 08, 12:16:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Ha!

It wasn't me, it was that Diana girl... *points finger* She's a trouble maker!

Fri Dec 08, 12:17:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I do like you Mr. Nog, but I get along better with your wife, Holly.

You know who I really like? Poms, I love taking the Mickey out of him.

Fri Dec 08, 12:20:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Poms had Mickey inside him... I wonder what Disney thought? I hope it was gay love and not some sort of punishment.

Fri Dec 08, 12:22:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

She's not my wife. I divorced her ages ago. The cow. Cow milk that is!

Fri Dec 08, 12:24:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

*Whew* I was feeling guilty for having gotten it on with Egg'n

Fri Dec 08, 12:26:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Oops, meant to say Egg'ns Wife... Ha! I guess my gay love with Egg Nog is out of the bag now.

Fri Dec 08, 12:30:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I'll be honest, I had Egg Nog in me before too. He gets around, especially this time of year. He fills you up with rum, and then next thing you know your singing "GLOOOOOOOORIA!"

Fri Dec 08, 12:32:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

MoonCar has been singing that a lot, A LOT, lately. Damn that Egg-Nog!

Fri Dec 08, 12:44:00 pm

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

Ay, Rich. Sorry I've not been by. A bit blue, see? Lost my cat a few weeks ago, and apparently the little shit was my muse.
Anyone want to donate a siamese kitten? Deliverable after the new year to SouthEast Michigan?
...live, of course.


I won't watch the video, I prefer to look at her gaping mouth in still-life.

Fri Dec 08, 12:48:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

SafeT! Completely understandable my friend. It really was just a 'hope ya doing well' comment.

Sure, I'll donate a kitten, wait, you said alive... Unfortunately I don't think Oz is the best place to send cats from. But I do hope you find another leeetle shit to share your blogging with soon :)

Ha! That's disturbing...

Fri Dec 08, 12:53:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Sorry about your kitty :(

Fri Dec 08, 01:06:00 pm

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

I totally found this on Boing Boing a few days ago.

Fri Dec 08, 01:08:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

You should check out SafeT's blog Diana. Odo was so cute. Or it may just be that I'm biased towards Siamese cats cause we had one called Taasha when I was growing up, no, Odo IS really cute.

I also really liked your uncomfortable post Diana. That would have definitely been uncomfortable. Good for you for understanding and believing in your Grandad.

Fri Dec 08, 01:11:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Gyrobo!

I'm just like... soooo, unoriginal... CRUD!

It is pretty freak'n great though.

Fri Dec 08, 01:18:00 pm

 
Blogger jin mused...

LIKE that video!
scary :-O

LMAO @ the comments, too!

(Except the guy that lost his cat. :-( Sorry!)

Fri Dec 08, 01:22:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I just looked at SafeT's site. Odo and Siamese are really pretty.

I still have dreams about my kitty Novi. He was the best ever. They really are a member of the family.

Fri Dec 08, 01:22:00 pm

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

I thought it was funny. You can use it to freak out little kids, you know!

Fri Dec 08, 01:26:00 pm

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

Keeps them off the Disney.

Fri Dec 08, 01:27:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Jin,

Oh yeah, we're a scream over here. Ha! Both scary and funny.

I dunno, that SafeT, bringing people down with his cat stories... Losing pets suck, we lost our Pup last year, we were down and out for weeks. I know what SafeT's going through. Just makes you wanna give that little yellow robot a big hug dont it!

Fri Dec 08, 01:33:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Diana, Siamese ARE really pretty but they are notoriously cranky little buggers. Occasionally you come across one that's just wonderful though. That was our Taasha. And it appears Odo was from the same mold.

That's strange, I dream I'm a cat who comes to play with you in your sleep... Twilight Zone.

Fri Dec 08, 01:36:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Gyrobo!

Disney is the opiate of the masses - Groucho Marx.

Gotta keep the kids away from that stuff, get them outside doing something fun, you know, like sniffing glue.

Fri Dec 08, 01:39:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I knew that about Siamese, but I didn't want to be inappropriate. I had a half siamese cat, it was meowy, without the pretty fur colors. And he never sang "We are SI-A-ME-EESE if you PLEE-EASE" the way all purebread siamese cats do.

Fri Dec 08, 01:43:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Wow, ours just sang "We're bloody Thailand now you ingrates"

Fri Dec 08, 01:55:00 pm

 
Blogger Monkey mused...

I just wet myself.

This reminds me of that Shining spoof, where they made a trailer showing "The Shining" as being a heartwarming dramedy. Ah me.

Now... I must go change my pants.

Fri Dec 08, 02:12:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I haven't seen that one Mr Monks, link it, link it!

PS. Shhh, while no-one else is here to hear I just thought I'd let you in on a secret, You don't wear pants. Shhhh! I wont tell anyone.

Fri Dec 08, 02:14:00 pm

 
Blogger jin mused...

"Just makes you wanna give that little yellow robot a big hug dont it!"

No, no it doesn't rich.
I've hugged robots before.
They ALWAYS cop a feel.
AND those pincers they have for hands HURT!

Fri Dec 08, 03:32:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

what does Pom mean? I don't get it.

am i missing something?

Fri Dec 08, 03:45:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hahaha! Jin! Rookie mistake mate. It's because you don't initiate their compassion circuit. I find giving them a kick to their equivalent of the Frontal lobe tends to work. After that they're totally respectful AND huggable. Years of playing with Femme-bots taught me that. Those machine gun nipples can be murder.

Fri Dec 08, 03:50:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

l>t... I'm not sure what you're missing exactly. A Pom is another word for Englishman, in Australia it's usually preceeded with 'Whinging'.

If you dont get what the movies are, the first one is Mary Poppins (kids film) and the second one The Shining (a violent horror film) that have been re-cut to make them seem otherwise.

Fri Dec 08, 03:53:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Now that we are being honest, I don't know what "Taking the Mickey out of" something means.

Fri Dec 08, 04:07:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Or, now that you mentioned it, what is "Whinging"?

Fri Dec 08, 04:08:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Holy frijoles! I didn't even think that the Amercoi's wouldn't understand those phrases/words.

Take the Mickey: Tease or make fun of.

Whinge: This is a fantastic word. It's to complain or whine, especially in an annoying or persistent manner. To call a mate a 'whinger' is almost like saying, 'Be a MAN!' You can really offend someone with it.

Fri Dec 08, 04:17:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Oh, taking the Mikey out of a pom is like when you're flossin on the block with your peeps, and some hater tries to step to you?

Fri Dec 08, 04:32:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Not exactly, taking the mickey out of a Pom is being a hater who kicks you mutherfuckas and ya peeps to da curb for being from a different ethnicity. Aussies are racist with a smile on their face ;)

Fri Dec 08, 04:44:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Do they put that on the tourism brochures?

Fri Dec 08, 05:04:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

yeah, i got the youtube things.
I just didn't get what "pom" meant. I'm still not really sure, except I guess it's not a compliment? what does the word pom come from?

Fri Dec 08, 05:32:00 pm

 
Blogger jin mused...

LOVE the second clip too! LOL!

I tend to catch all your slang, even though I'm american, because your slang is practically the same as my husbands (aka "The Pom").

The only difference being, he refers to Aussies as Thick Wankers instead of poms.

:-D

*jin ducks & runs for cover!*

Fri Dec 08, 06:21:00 pm

 
Blogger Bathroom Hippo mused...


2nd was my favorite.

Gotta love positive spins.

Fri Dec 08, 08:04:00 pm

 
Blogger Monkey mused...

Whinging was one of my favorite words. I brought it back with me when I returned from Australia.

I don't wear pants?? What the?

Oh. I don't. Dammit. Well... my fur was wet and uncomfortable. I took a bath.

Isn't that Shining one adorable? Peter Gabriel crooning in the background? "grab your things I've come to take you home!" Brings a tear to my damaged eye.

Fri Dec 08, 11:13:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

I also saw one of these with the movie "Office Space" as a horror movie. Great stuff.

Sat Dec 09, 10:27:00 am

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

Oh I love the word whinging too! And fuckwit. I still use that one. How I miss Oz...but I digress.

I love the Shining video. Brilliant. Making the scene with Jack kissing the dead woman look like part of a love story - classic.

Sat Dec 09, 11:10:00 am

 
Blogger Monkey mused...

"Monkeys. When you care enough to send the very best."

It's our new motto. For the holidays.

Sat Dec 09, 05:19:00 pm

 
Blogger axx mused...

Awwww doesn't Jack look a sweetie. It's a bit sad time marches on, he's given an interview recently to say he's not the stud he was :-((

Sun Dec 10, 03:00:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Diana, of course they do. It's in the fine print between the official apology for all the backpacker murders and the reasoning behind the kangaroo death camps. Which is a lie. It has nothing to do with Koala world domination and everything to do with their tasty tails.

Mon Dec 11, 01:17:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

L>t, actually it's not a compliment or an insult. It's just a short-hand way of refering to the English.

Apparently it comes from the convicts who had Prisoner of Her Majesty, POHM, tattooed on their backs.

Mon Dec 11, 01:22:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Yup, our slang is pretty much the same as the Poms. But we tend a be little more crass with ours. Although 'thick wankers' is kinda heading in the right direction.

You don't have to duck & cover, we're too thick to take offense.

Mon Dec 11, 01:25:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Come-on Hippo, let out your dark side!

Mon Dec 11, 01:26:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Monkey, Fur pants? Becareful around that PETA crowd. They may take offense to you wearing fur.

Yeah, it's great. I like the bit where the Danny comes in to see Jack sitting on the bed. For a scene that was quite disturbing in the film it's just so sweeeeeet.

Mon Dec 11, 01:31:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Well Squid, if you don't have a monkey, you dont have Christmas. Wendy's going to be so disappointed in you. ;)

Mon Dec 11, 01:33:00 pm

 
Blogger Bathroom Hippo mused...


I will trade you the entire state of California for 5 roo's..and a baby croc.

Mon Dec 11, 01:34:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

JLee, Office Space WAS a horror! That Gary Cole character scared the crap outta me!

[in Peter's dream, Lumbergh is oiled up and having sex] You can just go ahead and move a little bit to the left. Yeah, that's it. Great

*shudder*

Mon Dec 11, 01:38:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hippo, it's a deal. But only if its Schwarzenegger free.

Mon Dec 11, 01:39:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I never really got that one to tell you the truth Brooke, how does one have the wit of a fuck, and I've always thought fucking was fairly full of wit. Or at leat funny? I don't know, maybe I'm just a fuckstick.

I missed the kiss on the first viewing... I'm so glad you pointed it out so that I could go back and be just that little more disturbed.

Mon Dec 11, 01:43:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Monkey :) Ha!

Buy one now and get, not one, but two poop scrapers for all your poop-flinging fun. And that's not all...

Mon Dec 11, 01:46:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I think that movie was made over a quarter century ago. If he still looked that good, um, I don't know what I'd do... probably hunt him, render him, and sell his juice as an anti-aging potion. Seriously though, I'd be surprised if he still thought he was something special, he's no Connery. Bit of a scarecrow really.

Mon Dec 11, 01:49:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

Dang it! I'm late to the party again!!!
I'm late and I can't stay, but I'll be back! Keep the bar open! I LOVE Mary Poppins so I hope you didn't post anything SICK, but I don't have time to down-up-load you tube stuff right now, I'm on a mission! See ya later!

Mon Dec 11, 02:12:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

DUDE, no worries, it'll be here.

What mission? Are you working for the CIA again? You said you given that up after the time they got you to carry out a hit on Santa Claus.

Mon Dec 11, 02:20:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

rich, thanks for the lesson on Pom. Acually, I like that word "Wanker". I like most cuss words really, & you Australians seem to be pretty good at them.

Mon Dec 11, 04:20:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Actually L>t, we're not that good at them. Imagine calling someone a Yobbo, or a Drongo, or a Gallah... It's more comical than offensive.

Mon Dec 11, 04:37:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

I have not nor would I ever embrace the dark side of the force my friend. My 'missions' are for the light universe. Spreading peace and love and a few mushrooms where ever I go!
I still haven't seen the vid, but I did make salsa tonight, so there you go.
Spreading peace and love and few hot peppers...

Tue Dec 12, 01:22:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Well Tich, if they're for the light of the universe, why did you kill Santa? I guess which side of the force you think you're on is subjective :)

Mmmm, I'll have to get the recipe for you 'love mushroom' salsa.

Tue Dec 12, 01:48:00 pm

 
Blogger Hedy De Vine mused...

that is SO awesome.

Tue Dec 12, 06:34:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

thanks for bringing back that imagery of an oily Gary Cole drinking a cup of coffee while boinking Jennifer Aniston! "yeahh, hii..."

Wed Dec 13, 02:12:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

Santa died of gluttony...

Wed Dec 13, 10:41:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

Great little film thingies BTW, yes, I actaully watched them just now. Rather brilliant, especially the Mary Poppins! She is SOOOOO HOT!!!! I'm glad I never saw the movie when I was a child...

Wed Dec 13, 10:49:00 am

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

I guess that's what makes them fun. :)
For some reason I can even put up w/rackorf calling everyone "cunts" all the time.

Wed Dec 13, 12:44:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hedy, hey! Welcome to GetFilms.

Yes, yes I am... um... it is, yes it is...

Wed Dec 13, 10:17:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Jlee.

"It, it, it, it's my stapler."

My favourite line from the film.

I talk like that all the time, freaks people out. Too much fun.

Wed Dec 13, 10:19:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Tich, dude, I think you meant Glock-9. I remember it well. You put it to the back of his head and said, "Ho Ho, fuck'n Ho Matey. How's this for patridge in a pear tree?" and then you pulled the trigger. I didn't really get what you meant but the surprised look on his face was freak'n awesome. Almost made me drop the Elf I was skewering with my switchblade. Those were they days, when you and I saved capitalism by killing Santa. Ahhhh, the memories.

Oh, yeah, the promos were great. Although, I loved Mary Poppins as a kid.

Wed Dec 13, 10:36:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

L>t, The C word is not an acceptable part of the Australian vernacular. My guess is that he's going for shock value. He's just being a cunt.

But to call someone a Gallah is awesome. It's actually a very pretty pink and grey bird that acts, well, like a Gallah. They're such larrikins. I remember during the morning in the kitchen of the house I grew up in the Gallahs would hang upsidedown off the guttering to look inside. They'd squwark and flap their wings and carry on like absolute loonies. They were actually looking at their own reflections in the windows acting as stoopid as poosible in the hope of attracting themselves as a mate. I should video them some time, although the only ones around here are feed in a park across they way. They're kinda quiet and boring when they're feeding, but they are pretty.

Wed Dec 13, 10:44:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

For some reason i think you are pulling my leg.

Thu Dec 14, 11:35:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

You would think wrong.

Fri Dec 15, 01:10:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

I'm suspicious because We have something here we call snipe hunting. What it is; you get some naive person & tell them how to hunt snipes, which is some kinda of bird, (it's not fictional but vague), so it's believable. Then you get them to do something stupid like hold a gunnysack open while you say you are going to beat the bushes with a stick to flush out the snipes & you get them to imitate a snipe call, some kind of stupid whistle that you make up, to call the snipes...meanwhile as they are making fools of themselves, you are laughing your ass off far away.

Sun Dec 17, 04:49:00 pm

 
Blogger Unknown mused...

The Aussies are POME's.

Prisoners Of Mother England.

Now get that into your heads now, it's not difficult !!

Ho Ho !!!!

Thu May 29, 10:15:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

top [url=http://www.xgambling.org/]free casino bonus[/url] hinder the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]casino games[/url] manumitted no consign reward at the chief [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]casino
[/url].

Sat Feb 09, 03:54:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

top [url=http://www.xgambling.org/]free casino[/url] hinder the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]realcazinoz.com[/url] unshackled no deposit reward at the chief [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]online casino
[/url].

Sun Mar 10, 06:45:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home