2/08/2009

Featured short film #1

Before the earth turns to melted goo, the thermometers change profession, and I retreat to my underground lair near the centre of the world where it's cool... compared to here. I will let you watch this little film.

This film was made by a set designer, what it lacks in animated magnificence (only due to time constraints and the lack of animators on the crew) it certainly makes up for in rich colours and beautiful sets. The story is a bit of a gem too.



And if you watch the credits, which I haven't, you may see a familiar looking name.

Take: 28

Anonymous Anonymous mused...

oddly
interesting
&
very beautiful

i wish i had the patience (and talent) to do these kinds of animations

/t.

Sun Feb 08, 02:27:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Don't melt into the goo Mr Puppet Maker.

Gorgeous ... but I was urging him on to take those scissors to that horrid little girl's hair or dress*!*

Sun Feb 08, 06:24:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I agree /t. I really like the film stock She used on this film too.

I think the animators on this film could have used a little more patience and talent too ;) OK, you'd know how funny that was if you'd seen how hard and fast they had to work.

Mon Feb 09, 08:59:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

"Watcha dooin?" We all say that to the Director when we see her.

Apparently the girl who this was based on is now called, 'She who must not be named'. But I think the horrid little girl is lovely. It was a really good puppet that one... until they were costuming her and they rubbed her face right off! If you freeze frame it on her one face shot she's hideous.

Mon Feb 09, 09:03:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

Awesomeness!

When I first saw little kids in it I thought "Ewww... little kids! I'll only watch it cos Rich is involved."

Then all of a sudden I saw wiggly things being smashed & goo going everywhere & I thought "Coooooooo-ooool!!!"

:-D

I miss you!

Mon Feb 09, 12:01:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Like, I know! Who would have though smashing worms into goo could be, like, you know, deep or something.



PS. I don't believe you ;)

Mon Feb 09, 12:54:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Grinning ... she has a faceless Dobbleganger puppet appearing in movies, of course she must not be named*!*

Mon Feb 09, 02:27:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I found it a bit creepy like a dream that is not sure whether or not it wants to a nightmare.

On reflection, "eerie" is also a good description.

The little puppet guy is so you.

Mon Feb 09, 02:42:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

That's actually not a bad idea Bimbimbie; anyone who isn't very nice, name a real loser character after them in film. Hahaha, at least they would know they were remembered right?

Mon Feb 09, 03:00:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

It's definitely has that eerie quality to it. I think Patricks sound track really heightens that quality though. It'd be a bit different if it was to Circus music.

Mon Feb 09, 03:01:00 pm

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

"Chucky: The Beginning." Cool. How's your creature feature coming???

Mon Feb 09, 03:13:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Phos, I watched Chucky or the Bride of Chucky or something only a few weeks ago. Having not seen it before, those dolls were actually really cool and the control systems were well made. Terrible film but quite cool nonetheless.

Creature feature is going s-l-o-w-l-y. Not because there's not stuff that I could do but rather it's just me being a slacker when it comes to attaching actors, etc. I've got school starting again soon so there'll be plenty of chances to find the right actors now.

Mon Feb 09, 04:07:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

You are right! I turned the sound off...it made all the difference.

Tue Feb 10, 02:27:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Music, when done well, can be a powerful thing Rita. Of course, most of us do it terribly.

This is one of my favourite re-edits ever.

Tue Feb 10, 08:59:00 am

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

The more my mind agrees with my mind, the easier it will be for me to receive and follow his instructions, even though they may seem bizarre ;)

lol! Like that...one day I will try...

Tue Feb 10, 09:04:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ruela... I honestly can't make heads nor tails of what you're talking about. Whose instructions are you following?

I'm glad it brings you plenty of mirth though.

Tue Feb 10, 09:21:00 am

 
Blogger Shelley Noble mused...

not my thing.





love you though.

Tue Feb 10, 11:07:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Now I'm all hurt, Shel, I don't think we can be friends any more. ;)

Too funny.

Tue Feb 10, 11:16:00 am

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Revenge of the Puppet Maker ... I can see your mind ticking over lol*!*

Tue Feb 10, 01:33:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Oh, yes, quite. That could be the name of a movie, Revenge of the Puppet Maker. dum dum daaaaaah

Oh, and I prefer Faux-Life Form Engineer.

Tue Feb 10, 02:50:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

YIKES!

Tue Feb 10, 04:54:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

I don't think that movie title would look as scary with your FLFE title*!*

Tue Feb 10, 06:33:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

the worm divided in two
got two brains or just one ;)

Wed Feb 11, 08:24:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hmmm... maybe Bimbimbie, maybe for that movie I should change it to Lifeless Object Reanimator

Wed Feb 11, 10:19:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

That's a good question Ruela, I'd say... seeing as the film seems to be saying 'although some things can appear to be a disaster by removing the torn and damaged parts you can experience a new sort of growth' the new worms would have a brain each.

Although, maybe I'm over thinking it and half are just meant to be brainless Zombie Worms!

Wed Feb 11, 10:23:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Oh, sorry Rita. Yeah, Mary Poopins!

Wed Feb 11, 10:24:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

I'm strangely hungry for some reason...

Thu Feb 12, 04:50:00 pm

 
Blogger T S Munty mused...

It's a weird worm world out there.

Mon Feb 16, 10:48:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home