11/12/2008

Movie Monster Magic - part 1























If you want to know in more detail about making something like this, there's a post about it here.

Take: 20

Blogger Shelley Noble mused...

The expression on its face craaa-acks me up! Too hilarious, Rich!

I couldn't see how to go onto part 2 of your wonderful moldmaking post. :(

This monster mold is a really well done. The sculpt's underside reminds me of an old archetypal fear I heard some men have, if you know what I mean.

Wed Nov 12, 08:55:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Shhhh... Shelley, don't tell anyone but it's meant to be a scaaaaary monster. Yeah, he cracks me up too. One of the final products from this mold has this cute little quizzical look on his face. I don't think I'll be using him for the final filming somehow.

Part 2 will be up shortly.

Hahaha, That's not really an accident Shel. Didn't you know? All Monster makers try to instil some sort of vaginal or penile fear into their creations. Those teeth scare the crap outta me! ;)

Thu Nov 13, 08:36:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

whoa! This reminds me of this awesome similar creature in Naked Lunch except the "Naked Lunch creature had an interesting ass.

Thu Nov 13, 01:14:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

It would be really cool to see that thing animated

Thu Nov 13, 01:45:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Miowwwwarling from within my blanket ... that's the creature born of my tuna and cheese supper yoooooowlllll take it away hsssssstttttpp!!!!!

Thu Nov 13, 07:30:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

you can do magic!




v. nice.

Thu Nov 13, 11:53:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I know that you will put your unique spin on the creature, but I see it as having the ability to move foreword & even into tight spaces, but not backing up with out a lot of room for those arms to maneuver.

Well, it will be interesting to see what you do with it.

Fri Nov 14, 12:30:00 am

 
Blogger Miladysa mused...

I think I dated his brother once...

Fri Nov 14, 07:57:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ha! I haven't seen a Cronenberg film for ages, Handmaiden. I'll have to watch that again.

The naked lunch thing not only has an interesting ass it's about ten times bigger. Oh, and that thing was this peachy colour, while this thing will be black... eventually.

Fri Nov 14, 08:38:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I'll get around to it Diana... when I'm not working all weekend or chatting to your 'sister' online. ;)

Fri Nov 14, 08:39:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Iiiiinkie... scat!

Fri Nov 14, 08:40:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Of course I can Ruela... watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.

Fri Nov 14, 08:46:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

That's a really interesting observation Handmaiden. I'll use that when animating :)

Fri Nov 14, 08:46:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Miladysa. I... I was that brother! Mwuah hahaha hahaha ha... yeeeeeah, not really.

Fri Nov 14, 08:48:00 am

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH


OH man, this is fantastic

but



dangerous...you know ;)

Fri Nov 14, 12:02:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Oh, I know...

Tue Nov 18, 02:21:00 pm

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

When I saw the first photos of the mold I thought you were making Saguaro man... The finished product turned out much cooler...

Wed Nov 19, 04:37:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I... I don't know who that is Phos. I'll have to Internerd him later.

Tue Nov 25, 01:36:00 pm

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

Good luck, I made the name up, but the shape was similar to the cactus. Wonder how that mold process would work with kittens??

Sun Dec 07, 10:57:00 am

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

How's the monster movie coming???

Sat Dec 13, 11:29:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home