11/25/2008

Movie Monster Magic - part 3

You can see the first and second parts of this post somewhere here... or there... or, well, follow those links if you likes.

As for part 3, it's time to play with some fairly funky, if not carcinogenic chemicals. I've been told there are some not so carcinogenic chemicals that do the same thing but I haven't had time to see if there's a supplier down this way.

I'll keep you posted but until then, wear these;



Then take these;



In these amounts;


Of Part A


Of Part B

and pour together...



Whisk for 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 and...



...then pour into your mold and put on the top.



Obviously with only 8 seconds of time to work with you're going to want to be very prepared before you start mixing chemicals together and work fast but sensibly when you're pouring it into the mold.



I always have another person with me to pour part B into part A while I'm whisking. I also get them to put the top on the mould as I finish pouring, As they put the top on I'm reaching for the bricks. It's, like, you know, team work!



After about an hour (I usually leave it for 12 hours) the chemicals will have finish all their reacting and you can open the mold. The final product is bound to look a little messy.



But as you cut off the excess foam and patch some of the seams where the latex meet you will end up with something like this. Still rough, but obviously the same thing that you were trying to mould.



Next time, (meaning, if I get time tomorrow) I'll show you a more finalised puppet and even see if I can get the sucker to work and look half decent on camera.

Take: 31

Blogger jin mused...

*jin bows down before rich in his supreme awesomeness*

You are just too damn cool.
Can we clone you?
Then can I order a rich for my very own?

BTW- I did go back & scan the part one and the part two just so's ya know this isn't a half-assed comment.

;-D

Tue Nov 25, 06:30:00 pm

 
Blogger Shelley Noble mused...

Respirator. if you aren't wearing one, do. They're cheap. One for the helper too, please. No joke.

Wed Nov 26, 02:00:00 am

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Super creep scarey monster ... glad Inkie's not looking in right now ... has he arrived to bring terror to all those contemplating a seafood platter this Chrissie*?*

Wed Nov 26, 07:52:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I don't know about supreme awesomeness Jin, but if you're talking about cloning in terms of molding and casting then yes, it IS possible to clone a person.

Glad to see you are using your full ass ;)

Wed Nov 26, 10:40:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Respirators are for the weak, Shel. The weak, and old people who have spent their life around chemicals like these without using a respirator.

You're quite right. It must be noted that the foam action of these chemicals is caused by a gas. That gas should really not be breathed by humans under any circumstances. Anything more complex than latex, such as foams or silicons or stripable vinyl sprays or any of the other fun things that molding pros use, should be used while wearing a respirator.

Wed Nov 26, 10:47:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I don't know whether he looks too scary at the moment. He still looks a little rubbery for my liking.

I don't know, has Inkie arrived to bring terror to all those contemplating a seafood platter this Christmas? *evil laugh*

Wed Nov 26, 10:49:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Very nice. I can't wait to see the little guy in action.

Wed Nov 26, 03:12:00 pm

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

Where'd you find a mold for my first girlfriend??

Thu Nov 27, 03:37:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ah Handmaiden, now that's the real magic of doing work like this, the transformation of a piece of latex, foam and wire into a living character.

Thu Nov 27, 08:40:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Phos, it was at the bottom of a swamp that used to be an Indian burial ground in a trunk made of human bones etched with the words, 'Whot a Dawg!'

Why'd you put it there?

Thu Nov 27, 08:43:00 am

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

Oooh! It looks like a lot of fun and best of all, you made it yourself! I read the previous posts and am impressed with the steps. It is hard work after all but the final monster looks creepy and cool!

Thanks, I missed you too.

Mon Dec 01, 02:06:00 pm

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

Alright, so I think I've seen this one.

There's a point late in the first act where your significant other forces you to face up to the fact that you are obsessed with the puppet.

You agree and, for the sake of your marriage, discard all the puppets and puppet supplies in a waste-bin.

Then, in the beginning of the second act, the puppets come to life and begin terrorizing people. At first, its only people who really deserve it and have treated you and others horribly.

But as the second act moves on the puppets begin killing people who merely annoyed you or forced you to face up to realities of one kind or another.

In the third act they turn on your personal family and significant other.

In a surprise twist, however, your significant other falls in love with and seduces the leader of the puppets.
Together they take over your business and make it even more profitable than it ever was under your control.

In the closing shot you are fetching sandwiches and coffee for the puppet who now has a fashionable high-rise office suite.

Was I right?

Tue Dec 02, 05:13:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Despite that it's a lot of work I think there's honestly not a single step that isn't a lot of fun Ces. And of course, there's absolutely no alternatively if you want to have a monster that is original.

Yeah, I thought it was a shame someone who enjoyed their art as much as you went missing from Blogland. Glad you're back. Artists of the Blogs Unite... we will call it ABU... which is strangely the name of my character in this post *smirk* yeah, not really...

Tue Dec 02, 08:52:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Damn it SafeT... here I been slaving away trying to create a realistic, interesting story with great characters that embodies not only horror but the tongue in cheek attitude of the 80s slock-horror genre... and all I should have done was ask you.

When you're meeting with Mr Monster can I get you a coffee or a tea? *sigh* Twist of lemon? *sigh* How about a smoked salmon sandwich... *sigh* yes, I'll pick the capers off for you... Gawd! I really need to get a new job. *sigh* one that doesn't involve menial tasks or blood sacrifices at the full moon.

Tue Dec 02, 08:57:00 am

 
Blogger Is it sync'd yet? mused...

That thing is creeping me out.


Gnat.
.

Tue Dec 02, 10:50:00 am

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

Hate to say this but your monster is actually kind of cute...

Tue Dec 02, 11:03:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I often find puppets of any type freak people out Gnat. Something to do with dead things that can appear alive... like Zombies!

Tue Dec 02, 11:14:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I agree Phos, I think it's the wide-eyed expression he has. Makes him look cute rather than dangerous. I've done another casting of this guy now where I gave him extra ability to pose (with wire-mesh) around his eyes. I've also completely removed the white beads and just left the gaping black holes... he's much scarier now.

Tue Dec 02, 11:17:00 am

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

Hello R man!

Wed Dec 03, 11:26:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Well, if it isn't the Prince of Portugal returned to his Kingdom!

Hope your projects have been fruitful dude.

Fri Dec 05, 08:39:00 am

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

haha ;)

Fri Dec 05, 11:44:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

nice monster you have here!




cool!

Fri Dec 05, 11:44:00 pm

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

Ooh! I like ABU. I will join. You could be our leader...Take me to your leader...take me to your leader...

Sat Dec 06, 05:35:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Waiving*!* Where's your dragon gone*?*

Sat Dec 06, 07:18:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ces! :D

The first rule of ABU is... Don't talk about ABU.

The second rule of ABU is... DON'T talk about ABU

The third rule of ABU is... Rather than having a leader let's have a cake!

Sat Dec 06, 09:00:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I'll try and put the dragon back on in a few days Bimbimbie. But for the moment the Blogger in their infinite wisdom have decided that they're not allowing animated Gifs as avatars. Gits! Unfortunately my avatar when it's not animated is a blank frame containing the surface of a coffee table. Hardly inspiring. Did I mention they're gits?

Sat Dec 06, 09:04:00 pm

 
Blogger jin mused...

Just had to swing by & say Hi to the hawttest Aussie Blogger I know! (Um... I'd have said simply hawttest blogger but I didn't want the rest to get jealous & try to steal your avatar.GASP! OMG! WAIT! It's too late! They got to you aready!!!)

Wed Dec 10, 01:47:00 pm

 
Blogger A wildlife gardener mused...

I just love all your ingenuity :) You have such great ideas. I knew I was going to smile before I got to the end...and I couldn't wait to see the surprise. He looks cute :)

Fri Dec 12, 07:42:00 am

 
Blogger Rita mused...

Hello...knock, knock...anybody home?

Peering through the tiny fly specked window in the door & beyond the thin & faded curtain into the dullness that is the hallway.

Gosh, I'm ready for a little creative blogging. What fun we used to have huh?

Sun Dec 14, 11:35:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Bar Humbug to the gits*!*

Mon Dec 15, 06:05:00 am

 
Blogger Rita mused...

I've disabled my blog because I think someone that I don't want to see it has found it.

I'm not going to post anything for a while anyway.

P.S. that doesn't mean I won't visit your blog once in a while,

I may come back in another blog incarnation at a later date.

I just want you to know so you don't think I'm freezing you out...

Mon Dec 15, 01:58:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home