1/19/2009

All the Kings horses

wait... sideline before I get started, I just thought about that poem. Why would the kings horses be trying to put an egg back together. No wonder they didn't have any luck. Who ever heard of a cloven footed animal successfully undertaking fine-detailed restoration work?

Errr; Now; What was I going to post about? I'm sure it wasn't a lament about the pathetic funding in arts conservation courses at equine universities, and I don't think it was about osteoporotic eggs with little balance or sense to stay away from high places...

In that case it was probably about projects that seem impossible. For the first time ever I actually sat down and wrote out all the uncompleted projects, whatever their stage of conception, that I would genuinely like to complete one day.

I have;

1 Film Course (at least)
2 Web serials
5 Short Films
2 TV shows
8 Feature films
2 Features films which would have ongoing Mini-series
1 Childrens book (at least)
1 Novel
2 Music Videos
1 Scultpure
1 Family project that I promised to do.

That appears to be 26 projects I want to complete... and all I've done is some scribbling that doesn't relate to any of it.



I'm not sure I should be allowed any more ideas until I cross at least one of those off the list. Or... and this may just be the best plan... I should stop procrastinating by writing lists and get on with it.

Actually, this list is the first step in prioritising my projects. I really didn't realise I had that many... *whew* I'm in for quite a ride if I can get a quarter of it done this life.

Take: 31

Blogger Ticharu mused...

Is that all???

Mon Jan 19, 06:08:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Osteoporotic eggs ... you're cracking me up *!*

Chuck the list and scribble away - I like this one better than that bandido squirrel ...

Mon Jan 19, 07:21:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Knowing me Tich, No.

Tue Jan 20, 09:27:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

'Cracking me up', HA!

Are you MAD Bimbimbie? Throw the list away? MADness I say! I haven't listed any of the fanciful ideas that I probably would never produce. Not that I believe I will finish all these projects but it's nice to have the ideas there if the 'audience' is keen for them.

I think this drawing is a vague copy of someone else's efforts that I saw somewhere. I often do that as 'keep fingers practised' exercise and to widen my influences.

Tue Jan 20, 09:43:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I have been faithfully waiting for the completion of the moveable movie monster you started a few posts back...
My list includes:
1.Constucting A sky lantern
2.making Newspaper logs that burn different colors
3.Finishing a course on Algebra
4.Reading the complete works of Nathanial Hawthorn

Tue Jan 20, 01:21:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

The movie monster posts are complete, Rita. They were to record how I made him... you want to see him in action? He's for one of my web-serials. I guess I could do a teaser with him in it. I may, may, post some of the tests. Maybe some of the unsuccessful ones.

1. Do it!
2. cooool, as long as they're not environmentally damaging because of a chemical used.
3. Do x if x equeals 'it'! Now start thinking String or M-Theory
4. A worthy achiement.

Tue Jan 20, 02:34:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Go with fanciful Rich ... making lists is ok but they are a little controlling don't you think? They sit there on the page looking back at you waiting transferring all that negative pressure of deadlines until one day a tick sits alongside and you move on to the next and repeat.

Fanciful flow Rich, let your creations begin*!* ...

Who's MAD and do I know her*?*

Tue Jan 20, 08:54:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I think there's a difference between controlling and focusing. After all it's a only a list of names of things that each take years of to complete from conception to final product. There's plenty of time for fancifulness in between getting these things done :) After all, the creations have already begun, but some require hundreds of people to reach completion. That takes some planning.

I'm not sure if you know her, but she's MAD in a good way I think.

Tue Jan 20, 09:36:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Cheers!

Wed Jan 21, 12:40:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Tsup*!* the main thing is to enjoy and have fun bringing your projects to fruition, so I'm wishing you a fruit bowl of ition ;)

Wed Jan 21, 02:06:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Can never have enough ition Bimbimbie :)

Although I have to say the 40 degrees yesterday without air conditioning certainly sent all my plans for the day onto the couch in front of the fan to watch movies instead. Blech.

Thu Jan 22, 09:21:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Well, I was hoping to see the Movie monster in action.

Anyway, as for projects, I listed the personal ones that that I'd like to do. I've got all this other stuff I've committed myself too because I do a lot of volunteer work & belong to a lot of committees. Projects won't do themselves & as I sit here typing away they are calling...gotta go!

Fri Jan 23, 02:06:00 am

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

40 degrees!!!

wow man

here freezesssssssss

Sun Jan 25, 10:21:00 am

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

I have too many irons in the fire my own self, so I know of what you speaketh.

As far as the egg business, all I can think of when you mentioned horses is some comedian talking about the Easter bunny - he said "who in their right mind would give eggs to an animal that hops??"

Sun Jan 25, 04:26:00 pm

 
Blogger T S Munty mused...

Maybe you could combine elements of everything on your list into one project, there would probably be no other project like it in the whole world.

Mon Jan 26, 06:31:00 am

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

Hehe. Even the King's men could not do it. Please come over, I have a couple of awards for you.

Mon Jan 26, 11:51:00 am

 
Blogger A wildlife gardener mused...

Now that sketch looks as if you are going on a journey to an enchanted land...

Think of Nick Park...he started small..and now we have his wonderful Wallace and Gromit films....with playing with bits of plasticene...

Just keep following your dream :)

Mon Jan 26, 10:14:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

I like the new avatar BTW, looks a little like the mysterious figure who was seen around the pool moments before the zebra's pityful cries for help...

Tue Jan 27, 05:20:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Rita, I hope to see the Movie monster in action too. I'll certainly keep people updated as to the running of the project. At the moment I'm waiting for this idiot Director called Rich attach an actor.

Go!

Wed Jan 28, 08:33:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Yup, 40 degrees, South Australia is currently into its fifth day of over 40. Woo Hoo, it's now officially a heat wave. Luckily in Sydney it's now mostly 28 to 35, a little more bearable.

It's been so hot for so long I've forgotten what freezesssssssss feels like.

Wed Jan 28, 08:36:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Phos, Luckily these irons burn slow and long. I don't feel any pressure to get them done tomorrow. Planning for them is a good idea though.

The Easter Bunny uses his magic goodness to protect the eggs. Doesn't that silly comedian know that.

Wed Jan 28, 08:38:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Munty Man, That's, Like, The, Best, Idea, I've, Ever, Heard!

It shall be known as MegaProject!

Wed Jan 28, 08:39:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

It's been very busy Ces, what with my office being renovated and Australia Day, etc. I haven't been to anyone's blog... Awards you say! How very nice of you. I don't believe in awards but it is always nice that others take the time to mention one. Cheers!

Wed Jan 28, 08:41:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I'm in Australia, Wildlife G, I aaam in an enchanted land. Well, except for those pesky Kangaroos. They're not so enchanting. No table manners at all in fact.

Nick is a bit of a hero of mine. He, and many other small operators plugging away at their projects, are a constant source of inspiration.

Wed Jan 28, 08:44:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ticharu! I'm shocked at the implication. I didn't drown no Zebra... he... slipped?

Wed Jan 28, 08:45:00 am

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Rich, you have a new face*!*

But why is there a line going across from ear to ear is it preventing your nose sliding off in this horrid heat*?*

Wed Jan 28, 02:34:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

*Sigh* Bimbimbie I must admit, I am not really a leettle burd. it is a fake beak. Underneath is a portal to another world... there's a lot of boogers in that world. Thankfully this horrid heat is keeping them dry.

Wed Jan 28, 03:24:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

... the little fake beak has given you a Hercule Poirot accent nes pa*?*

Wed Jan 28, 08:03:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

:D

All burds are leetle. Except beeg burd, but e es yullo and keyuut un-way so e cun be aas beeg aas e wonce.

Dere is nut-ing rung wit my oxcent.

Wed Jan 28, 10:28:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Non, this is true and as Poirot likes to remind himself, He is never wrong*!*

Thu Jan 29, 06:57:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Unfortunately, I am often wrong. But that's because I often test many different ideas on how things can and should be done. Being wrong is a great learning exercise.

Fri Jan 30, 10:19:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home