2/22/2009

Left Field

Something completely unrelated to the previous posts. It's our sponsor child's birthday. Mooncar thought it would be nice to do a picture for him. So, this is what I did for the Soccer (Futbol) mad 8 year old.


It's a shame that we didn't read the notice on the back of the envelope properly and apparently we shouldn't send it with the B'day package. Oh well, we'll just slip it in or send it separately to the Angel Gabriel.

Have any of you sent a picture of a hat wearing Platypus on a soccer ball to an Arch Angel who is also considered by some orders as the Angel of Death? No, I don't think so! Although I guess an animal with a ducks bill, a tail like a beaver, fur like a cat, and lays eggs like a chicken proves that this kids god has a pretty good sense of humor. At the very least.
___________________

UPDATE: Ha! I love the fact people are coming from Ruela's site (featuring a dark and disturbing animation over my Black Page test) to find a cute and cuddly Platypus. :D Now that's good value! You should go over and have a look at the animation. Awesome work Ruela!


Take: 24

Blogger Rita mused...

You see it almost proves my point.

Ruela's work is awesome in a brain bleeding sort of way.

Sun Feb 22, 01:31:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

Thanks Rita ;)




Happy birthday to Angel Gabriel!

"cute and cuddly" haha


Thanks R!

Mon Feb 23, 02:22:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

beautiful!

if you should ever
decide to sponsor another kid,
i'm available

/t.

Mon Feb 23, 04:14:00 am

 
Blogger laughingwolf mused...

oh, neat! some young guy should be very happy! :D

will check out ruela's asap :)

Mon Feb 23, 06:50:00 am

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

Aw Rich you are such a sweetie. Oh I like gis name, so aristocratic.

Mon Feb 23, 10:04:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I'm not quite sure what your point is Rita. But almost proving ones point is always good... isn't it?

It wouldn't be Ruela with out the bleeding brain!

Mon Feb 23, 10:23:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Cute and cuddly, yes, um, I'm sure that's exactly what people think when they think of you Ruela. ;)

Mon Feb 23, 10:24:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hahaha! Yeah, I'm not sure how to explain to Mooncar that we're sponsoring a grown up from a first world country... I'll figure something out.

Mon Feb 23, 10:25:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

He'd better be happy Laughing Wolf... or next year I'll send him a used tissue!

KIDDING!

Mon Feb 23, 10:27:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Sweetie? Me? Of Ces, No. I'm big tough gruff manly sort of a... well, sweetie I guess.

It's not only aristocratic, it's also veeery catholic! I went to a Catholic Filipino wedding on the weekend... oh so very sober and Catholic... at the Cathedral. Great people and great reception though!

Mon Feb 23, 10:30:00 am

 
Blogger willynillywaterlily mused...

What a sweet platypus! I love this illustration!

Mon Feb 23, 06:23:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Cheers WillyNilly. I'm not sure he's entirely happy living on top of a soccer ball, it's the impending kick on goal that has him a little concerned. But as far as a Pre-launch Platypus can he's enjoying himself.

Tue Feb 24, 08:43:00 am

 
Blogger laughingwolf mused...

his work is amazing, too, though i prefer yours ;)

Tue Feb 24, 12:53:00 pm

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

♪ And many more! ♫

Tue Feb 24, 01:18:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ruela is a lot more technically proficient than I am, but we actually share quite a similar aesthetic in a number of key areas... which is why we can appreciate each others work for what it is... of course, I don't mind exploring the hyper-cute as well as the darker side of life. I'm quite sure Ruela and I would depict a little bunny very differently.

Tue Feb 24, 02:00:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Gyrobo? You're so rusty!

Tue Feb 24, 02:00:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

My point had something to do with benign death & was very profound, although I've forgotten the profundity...

Tue Feb 24, 04:06:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

:D Amnesia is a sort of benign death, Rita.

I'm sure we'll rediscover it eventually.

Tue Feb 24, 04:55:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

A Unique Allrounder ;)

Just imagine if they could fly and climb trees. Little Angel Gabriel is going to be happy ... confused but very happy*!*

Tue Feb 24, 07:56:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

"Cute and cuddly, yes, um, I'm sure that's exactly what people think when they think of you Ruela. ;)"


Oh yes!
sometimes I have to run from the fans in the street, lots of them ;)

"I don't mind exploring the hyper-cute as well as the darker side of life. I'm quite sure Ruela and I would depict a little bunny very differently."


R! but I explore the light side ;)

Wed Feb 25, 04:28:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Who? Me? Yes, Bimbimbie, I'm weak and a bit rounder.

A flying climbing Platypus... man, he'd be some type of superhero... or would have stopped people colonising the continent.

I think we'll include it with a letter telling him what is a Platypus. And a picture of possum just to confuse him further.

Wed Feb 25, 08:37:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ruela... light side... why is the no-nipple woman bleeding from the nose?

I have to run in the streets to sometimes... usually to avoid an angry mob or sometimes, less often, to catch public transport. It's good exercise.

Wed Feb 25, 10:35:00 am

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

She's not the "all too clean" nurse that we'd all like to think,
she's a New Yorker doll addicted to cocaine.
Well not so light anyway ;)

Thu Feb 26, 06:00:00 am

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

my real light side...

Thu Feb 26, 12:39:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home