1/17/2008

Pink Candies



Now that's really weird. Someone found my blarg by Googling Pink Smokers Lollies. These are the lollies (sweets or candy to the English... apparently a lolly is an ice-block in England. Although I have no idea what an American would call an ice-block... you'd probably call them a popsicle or something weird... bet an ice-block to you would sound like a type of crystal methamphetamine) ... what... what was I saying... oh yeah, These are the lollies I use to quite smoking. And in New Zealand they're actually called Pink Smokers. What's wrong with the name 'Musks' New Zealand? I wonder why anyone would name a sweet after anything to do with smoking? Maybe they're made from ex-smokers. Mmmm, ex-smokers are musky! Actually, that doesn't sound appetising at all. Although these do...



Cause they're just so damn cool. Although I used to get the Stallion brand, now they were a tough brand to pretend to smoke until they were kinda soggy and sticky and then eat. Yep, tough like a regular Marlboro pre-Teen...

Either way, still not smoking. All thanks to little pink... um, Smokers Lollies! Although I have noticed that... stones in shoes, people who sniff on the train, when your partner locks the front door but the back door is wide open while you're home so that to get back inside you have to walk all the way around the house, 'retro' t-shirts, voicemail messages of people hanging up after the beep, white people who think they're black, broken ATMs, slow walkers, slow walkers, slow walkers, did I mention slow walkers, dead batteries, dust, showing off clothing tags, mobile phone ringtones, having to search for the end of the cellotape with your fingernail, oh, and everything ever... IS REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING WHEN YOU DON'T SMOKE!!!!

Oh, I know it's annoying anyway but when you're a smoker none of those things (except for maybe slow walkers) make you fantasise about buying high powered weapons.


Take: 9

Blogger Ticharu mused...

Yo! Lemme juss wipe the duss off bro pass me one dem candy smokes!!

Thu Jan 17, 01:45:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Who are you? Al Jolson?

The resemblance is uncanny!

Word! we got Tich to da aRu in da house! Yo!

Thu Jan 17, 02:37:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Oh you'll get over all that irritation. Then what will really annoy you is people smoking when you are trying to enjoy your meal & the smell of a smokers breath & their stinky smokey clothes & cigarette butts & dirty ashtrays & how smokers whine that they can't afford gas or food but can afford to spend 5.00 a pack for cigarettes,...& slow walkers. ;]

Thu Jan 17, 03:59:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Actually L>t, THAT is exactly the problem. I've gave up for a period of two years and not for a single moment did I ever dislike the smell of cigarettes. Oh and it costs like $12 for a pack of cigs over here. You have to be well and truly wealthy to smoke in Australia. Oh well, I guess the taxes on cigarettes here (90% of the cost) pay for people with lung cancer. I get irritated by people who complain about taxes too... because they're usually slow walkers!

Thu Jan 17, 04:42:00 pm

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

I tried to quit smoking when I lived in Australia. It didn't last long. I smoked enough while I lived there to last me three lifetimes. Viva la Winfield Blue!

P.S. I don't smoke anymore, but I am now craving a fag. Thanks a lot.

P.S.S. A "fag" means a cigarette in Aussie speak.

Fri Jan 18, 09:10:00 am

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

That P.S.S. was for American readers, not you.

Fri Jan 18, 09:10:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Yo Brookster!

Good ol Winiblue! (all said as one word) Although if you were a real smoker it would have been Winired. Now that's an honest to goodness lungbuster.

I think it depends where you're from as to the fag tag. In Oxford Street a boy like me might be offered a whole nuther thing to smoke if I asked for a fag. I think my favourite name for cigs though is a 'Durry'.



Actual quote
Rich "Oi mate, where you been?"

Mate "Maaate, I'm ratted, I swung by the bogger for chunder and then whipped out for a durry."

Rich "Class!"


I love Australia!

Fri Jan 18, 09:57:00 am

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

scarlet hip i did a double take on the fag comment alright. :)

rich, actually my cat & I are eating what has to be some of the very best stuff imported from Australia... can you guess what it is?

Sun Jan 20, 11:48:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Vegemite?

Thu Feb 07, 12:10:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home