1/09/2008

Jus' sum'n I bin werk'n on....

Errr, that title sounds like that annoying Star Warts character... sorry!

But the picture is Purty... although needs some flowers to bring colour into the environment... and the foreground vine needs to have some of the contrast taken out of the green... and apparently, there needs to be some fish playing poker. I just wish I knew what type of fish, everything I've tried that looks OK just aren't fresh-water fish and I'm not about to include fish if it means overlooking that kind of detail.



Anyway, I've actually been re-working the designs of this, in the hope it will be produced one day... soon (in film terms anyway). This environment, the Sprites home, should look better once I've digitally stitched together live-action elements, you know, so the water actually flows and stuff. The Sprites look different now too, much more... less wholly Asian, more reflective of the multi-cultural society 'children's productions'... I mean 'Sprites' live in.

As for the Sprites themselves, they're none too happy about this but seeing as you can't copyright an ancient nature spirit I'm not too worried about using the name 'Sprites'. Although, if I can come up with another name I may just use it... we do have little nature spirits here in Australia that are known to help lost children, it's just a shame that they're name is not as cool as Sprites. Well, OK, it is but it doesn't fit into my theme song. Which is soooo important.

So, what would you call these little critters?

UPDATE: (just so SafeT will quit hassling me about fish!)

Take: 24

Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

Very pretty, but there should be some fish playing poker.

Thu Jan 10, 08:22:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I tried, I tried I tell you!

Unfortunately they kept beating me when they 'flopped' on the 'river'. So I had to fold them.

I have no idea what I just said?!

Thu Jan 10, 10:18:00 am

 
Blogger Wendy mused...

how about some koi? They are brightly colored and fresh water fish.

I stuck sprite into a thesaurus and got: brownie, pixie, imp, nixie and scamp.

pixie and nixie are cute.

Thu Jan 10, 11:04:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

I'd call them Nicotinos! :)

I do wish you luck quitting, seriously! Tumors help to focus the mind!!!

Thu Jan 10, 11:04:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I tried koi Wendy, I did I tell you! But unfortunately their Union refused the work permit. I guess I shouldn't have eaten one!

Unfortunately none of those names sound as good in the song. Oh well, I might have to sue Disney for stealing my idea. Not sure how they did that but hey, I had my idea at least a couple of years before their show was produced.
Oh. My. God. They must have stolen my thoughts! Damn Disney and their evil thought stealing ways. They should stay out of peoples heads... This would never have happened under Walt.

Thu Jan 10, 02:34:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Nicotinos! You are brilliant Ticharu! Of course! I don't need to call them the Sprites.

I can call them the Smokes!

One can be Marlboro. Another can be Camel. Another can be Winstons. Another can be Newport. This is going to be huge. HUGE I tell you! Well. Until they start competing with each other to try and kill people. But other than that, it's going to be brilliant!

Thu Jan 10, 02:39:00 pm

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

Fish named Nicko, Bricko and Licko.

Thu Jan 10, 02:49:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

SafeT, put down the notion of the picture containing fish and step away slowly.

Thu Jan 10, 05:11:00 pm

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

They could spread a buoyant checkered tarpoline over part of the water to act as a card table...

Thu Jan 10, 11:38:00 pm

 
Blogger Rita mused...

I immediately thought of rainbow trout. They are classic & colorful & have the word "rainbow" in their name.

Fri Jan 11, 09:05:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

SafeT, I hope you're happy!

You have everyone talking about freak'n fish. Cheers Mate... no really... CHEERS!

Fri Jan 11, 10:09:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Oh dear God!

L>T. Despite the fact that I grew up in the best area in Australia for catching Rainbow Trout, believe it or not, this post has nothing to do with fish. Nothing I tell you...

Yeah, ok, it does now. Damn that SafeT. Rainbow trout would have been an awesome fish. But I chose to go with Koi because they were mentioned here already. Next time I deface one of my pictures I promise I'll do it using Trout.

Fri Jan 11, 10:13:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

Y'know, Rich, I thought the fish thing up as a joke, really. But now that you made the picture, I absolutely think it improved the original phenomenally.
I would like one in 1440X900 so I may use it as my wallpaper, thank you.

Fri Jan 11, 12:57:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I thought it was a good enough joke to take waaaay to far, SafeT.

In that vein, unfortunately that resolution is too large for a good picture. the original is Widescreen TV size 1024x576. But I uploaded a crappy looking larger version just for you SafeT.

Fri Jan 11, 01:25:00 pm

 
Blogger Is it sync'd yet? mused...

Something Fishy



Gnat.
.

Mon Jan 14, 12:01:00 pm

 
Blogger Rita mused...

I'm glad you get carried away & take things over the top. It makes things much more interesting then they would be otherwise. It's inspiring.

Mon Jan 14, 06:41:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Very punny Gnat

Wed Jan 16, 11:20:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I was just doing it for a giggle. But I'll take inspiring too!

Wed Jan 16, 11:21:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

It looks so nice that I want to go there! It's cold here.

Wed Jan 16, 03:39:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Of course it's nice Diana, the Sprites wouldn't have it any other way... or is it, it wouldn't be that way if the Sprites didn't live there? That too philosophical for my liking... yeah, it's nice.

I'm hoping to get the base footage I need for the live action version up in the Blue Mountains. The canyons up there are, well, like this (minus the poker fish). They're very hard to get into with camera equipment though, some of the treks require you to swim through underwater caves to get to some of the spots. Not quite sure what to do about that yet... obstacle for another day :)

The nice things about the canyons though is that it'll be over 35 degrees (100 Fahrenheit) outside the canyon and low 20's in the canyons (70 F). Simply superb during summer.

Wed Jan 16, 03:53:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I think you will need an assistant to film there...I volunteer!

Fri Jan 18, 03:54:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

What did I just say????

Oh wait, sure I'll need an assistant. You bring your cossie, I'll bring the camera.

Fri Jan 18, 04:31:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I don't know what a cossie is. Is that the movie with Toni Collette? Of course I have a copy. I'll bring it.

Sun Jan 20, 02:25:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ah... close!

Mon Jan 21, 01:20:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home