10/14/2008

From the darkness creep

the Portal Mistress

visceral breath corrupting air

Seekers who enter, Beware!

...

a shame her haircut looks so cheap?

-=Click=-


Character design on the other hand is always fun... I quite like the girls face paint. I imagine it in thick 'white grease paint' with the 'blood and bruises befouling into septic green putrescence' gobbed on in rough overlaying patches. Tasty!

Of course, the moment you do this sort of make-up your actor generally gets stuck in make-up for a couple of hours every shoot. It's not uncommon but on small shoots like mine who wants to spring for a make-up professional every time a camera is turned on? So what other options are there? I don't know...

Anyone have thoughts?

Hmmmm.... anyone ever made a leather mask? Now that could be fun. Do that type of make up on a leather mask. Just when I didn't think she could be any more freaky. Nice!

Take: 47

Anonymous Anonymous mused...

That's really strange rich. I don't quite know what to make of it.
Maybe tomorrow I'll have a different perspective.

Tue Oct 14, 03:55:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

It's only a make-up designs, Handmaiden. I'm not sure you could really make too much of it without some type of story info. I'm sure that too will come in good time.

Tue Oct 14, 04:16:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Ok, now that I've read the text underneath.

In the play I was in last summer it took an hour every time to put on the make-up(we did our own). I couldn't imagine two hours of that. Taking it off is the real bitch, though.

A leather mask...it seems to me I've seen those on some weird sites, when I've been googling around. You could probably find one that would fit your needs.

Tue Oct 14, 10:42:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

You're the master.


I love dark stuff...




cool.

Tue Oct 14, 11:14:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

The leather mask it's a good idea.

Wed Oct 15, 05:30:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

You mean the text that says

-=click=-

Just jokes.

Film make-up is a little different to stage make-up in that a film is shot out of sequence over several days. The make-up has to be the same for each and every shot or the audience notices. Unfortunately you can't usually rely on an actor to do that themselves. Maybe I should do a stage play instead?

I've never been to one of those weird sites... although the avatar of that blog character Satan was a leather mask. If you see anything cool, post a link :)

Wed Oct 15, 07:50:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ruela, master? I'm just trying to play keep up with your blog. :) Everytime I go there I feel a little disoriented, lost and confused. And that's just as the page loads, don't get me started on the content of your posts. ha!

Although I can feel this blog slowly heading back towards the feel of a previous blog I used to run... that was a lot darker... and funnier!

Wed Oct 15, 07:53:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

Ohhh...... LOVE it!
Very cool...
Leather mask?
Kinky!
For me it'd have to be a 'pleather' mask tho... um... not that I'd do that sort of thing... for free I mean.
BWA-HAAhahahahahaaa......

oh and poor me... I've only heard tales of the darker shade of richness... tales from bloggers long ago and far away... I bet I'd have loved it!

Wed Oct 15, 08:03:00 am

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

I've seen these two girls in the pages of the celeb mags *!*

Wed Oct 15, 09:50:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Jin, Kinky? Really? It's only a mask. Worn by superheros, wrestlers, and bank-robbers alike. Maybe you need to stop going to bondage parties with bank-robbing wrestlers dressed as superheros?

Pleather, right, of course... when making films with characters that look like that, animal rights is our first consideration ;)

The old blog was nothing special... just a bit of fun.

Wed Oct 15, 10:55:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Bimbimbie, considering one of these is a man (who probably wont look like that in the production) I would probably guess you haven't seen them before.

Seriously though, really? I don't follow the celeb mags. Do you have a link to any reference photos?

Wed Oct 15, 10:57:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

You could cast me in her part, then you wouldnt need makeup

Wed Oct 15, 01:20:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

lol sorry I was being silly - I only glance at those mags whilst standing in the grocery line and get to see those photos taken of the celebs after a heavy night out ... I was thinking in terms of Paris Hilton and I sort of thought Pink for the er man*?*

Wed Oct 15, 06:20:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

How do you do it?

Thu Oct 16, 07:53:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ah Ms Crabtree, you forget. I've seen photos of you. However you may feel on the inside, you're still pretty as a peach on the outside... except for the hideous disfigurement, I admit it! You were right and I was wrong. Juggling beakers of acid over your head was a bad idea.

Thu Oct 16, 09:17:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hahaha, *whew* Bimbimbie. Gave me a little scare there. Still not as much of a scare as I would have got if you'd actually posted a picture of that Hilton thing.

Thu Oct 16, 09:19:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ruela, there's two ways of answering that question. The first way is what I usually say to strangers who ask that question without really wanting to know the answer... How is it done? "With skill, with great and wondrous skill!"

The second way to answer that is long and involved, but before I launch in that type of thing I would ask, 'what? how do I do what?' The graphic? The interactivity? The character design?

Thu Oct 16, 09:28:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

I think when Ruela asked how you do it he meant how do you keep all these female commenters satisfied at once!

I can even anticipate your reply, "With skill, with great and wondrous skill!"

Thu Oct 16, 10:45:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

LOL! I would have said, 'a exhaustion induced lack of brain cells and sheer determination' Jin.

Thu Oct 16, 10:59:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

exhaustion induced
lack of brain cells
a kitchen filled
with spice cake smells
puppets galore
twinkling bells
he hypnotizes
from where he dwells
us gorgeous dames
under his spells

Thu Oct 16, 11:47:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

That's very good, um, too tired to, um, you know, think of an, um, adequate response... Mmmm... ginger cake!

Wait? Where does the twinkling bells come from?

Thu Oct 16, 11:53:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

The windchimes you have hanging on the back porch silly!

*jin wonders if he has windchimes... jin wonders if he has a back porch... hmmm.... if he does he'll think I'm totally psychic! HA!*

Thu Oct 16, 11:57:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Not only don't I have wind chimes or a back porch but if I did I would imagine that the wind chime would tinkle not twinkle... Unless of course it was in the afternoon sunshine, then of course it would twinkle...

*Rich wonders where she is keeping the camera and thinks he'll knock down his back porch wind chime and all when he gets home*

Thu Oct 16, 12:02:00 pm

 
Blogger jin mused...

What camera?
I've no camera!

PSST!!!!!
You have a crumb of food stuck on your goatee!

Thu Oct 16, 12:21:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Thanks Jin...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaiit a sec?

Thu Oct 16, 12:49:00 pm

 
Blogger Rita mused...

Greetings, Australian, from the future leader of the free world.


Although I can feel this blog slowly heading back towards the feel of a previous blog I used to run... that was a lot darker... and funnier! Really? I kinda miss my old blog, too. It was so un-PC, though, *sigh*.

Thu Oct 16, 01:09:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I think you mean, future dead leader of the previously free world.

I don't miss, about the old blog, that it attracted a certain level of nutbag. I see you haven't left though... hahahahaha... joking!

No. I just mean a little darker more oriented towards story telling.

Thu Oct 16, 01:24:00 pm

 
Blogger Rita mused...

You are a card!

They must of inserted a funny bone in that operation of yours.

Haha! I'm not dead!

Thu Oct 16, 02:19:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

lol to Jin comment ;)

but
no,
I have my proper charm ;))


The first way - agree with you
have the same thought.

yes it was

The second way - how do you do the interactivity?

I'm curious.

Fri Oct 17, 06:26:00 am

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

P.S. How is it done?


Sorry the bad english :(


I'm learning
I'm learning

Fri Oct 17, 06:29:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

You might be dead and just don't know it Handmaiden. How do we know you're not haunting us?

PS. I had the funny bone long before the operation. Ask anyone, except those people over there, and those ones, and that lot never like me much anyway.

Fri Oct 17, 08:47:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ruela, man, your English is infinitely better than my Portuguese. I understood what you meant but didn't want to explain a whole lot of stuff you weren't interested in. The interactivity is fairly simple.

I'm using a black jpg, let's call the url for that image A. And an animated gif, let's call the url for that image B.

So, the html code would be;

img src="A" onclick="this.src='B';" onmouseout="this.src='A'"

Then to get it to work all you need to do is past it into the 'Edit Html' section of your blogger post and put a < at the start and a > at the end.

Fri Oct 17, 08:56:00 am

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

Thank you very much,
it's code stuff...very cool.

It thought that you made it of another form...flash thing for ex.

Fri Oct 17, 10:00:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Glad to help.

Yeah, I've been told by my mates that I should learn flash. I think they recommend it because the files are a lot smaller in size. It's on my list of things to do.

Fri Oct 17, 10:28:00 am

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

Me too ;)

Fri Oct 17, 11:18:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

Psssst!
Rich, you spilled coffee on your shirt!

Oh & I'd be more than happy to help Ruela with his English.
Alas I teach better naked & covered with chocolate.

Fri Oct 17, 04:13:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Funny... apparently guys learn better than way. I'm sure Ruela wont mind.

Fri Oct 17, 04:17:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

OH BOY!
OH BOY!
OH BOY!

SCOOBY DOOBY DOO!!!

yes please.



;)

Fri Oct 17, 11:40:00 pm

 
Blogger jin mused...

LOL! ;-D

Rich, maybe you could film an award winning documentary about me teaching Ruela?!
That way we all win.
;-D

Sat Oct 18, 06:19:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Haaa!

I think there's a word for that type of film; that word is not documentary. It does start with an upsidedown d though...

Sat Oct 18, 06:55:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

haha ;)

Sun Oct 19, 03:36:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

Nooo......
it's called
"Art"
;-D

Sun Oct 19, 11:10:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I think you'll find it's phArt, Jin.

Which, of course, is something that is masquerading as Art that, truth be told, is a lot more satisfying than the normal crap that gets paraded around as Art.

Mon Oct 20, 08:41:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

Agreed.
So true!
Here here!!!

Wait...
what were we talking about?

I got mesmerized by your avatar.

Mon Oct 20, 11:41:00 am

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

Is that Madonna?

Mon Oct 20, 02:25:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Whoooooooooooooooa... I'd never noticed that beeefore... triiiiipy!

Mon Oct 20, 02:57:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hahahaha, Oh Ces... I hadn't thought of it in that light before. It IS Madonna. Didn't you know I had attached Madonna to the project? Oh well, now you know.

Of course, we have to use that style of make-up to make her look younger!

Mon Oct 20, 02:58:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home