9/16/2008

Whirligig event

If you're anywhere near the State Library of Victoria on Oct 7 you should drop in and help support that states Mental Health Week by attending the Mental Health Legal Centre fundraiser being held by Law Institute Victoria.

An added bonus of your philanthropy is that you'll get to see Whirligig on the big screen, which of course, is where you want to see it most of all.



...and after all, we could all use a little more mental health couldn't we! Even if it is only easing your middle class guilt by giving $20 to a more than worthy cause.

Take: 18

Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

... as in your Whirligig on the Big Screen? Brilliant, will you be attending to see your baby take to the stage so to speak?

Tue Sept 16, 01:46:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I will not be anywhere near the State Library of Victoria on Oct 7. I plan on being on the other side of the planet. If logistics were not a problem, I'd be in queue at the door.

Enjoy showcasing your work. It is a great piece of work and deserves to be seen by the masses. Speaking of which, I have a novel to rewrite. Only this time, it will make sense.

Tue Sept 16, 10:37:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

Whirligig it's yours?

Wed Sept 17, 08:00:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Bimbimbie,

It is pretty cool. There's scenes that I specifically designed to be seen in a large format, so it's nice to know it's being played that way.

Unfortunately I wont be going down to Melbourne. It's too far for a 6 minute film.

Wed Sept 17, 09:03:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

What?! Squid. On the other side of the planet... how terribly inconsiderate. ;)

It made sense last time... except for the lack of ending, that never made any sense to me at all. Can't wait to read it!

Wed Sept 17, 09:05:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Ruela,

Whirligig used to be my film, now it belongs to however wants to watch it. There's a link in the sidebar.

Wed Sept 17, 09:07:00 am

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

No where near any library. Love to see the film, but guess I'll have to wait for the book...

Thu Sept 18, 09:28:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

You can see the film here Phos. Just keep in mind that it's much better on the big screen rather than youtube...

or can you still not see video?

Thu Sept 18, 10:43:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Unfortunately I'll be on the other side of the planet, also. But, I did see the film! About 6 times already. I enjoy it, everytime.

Congrats to you g3t films! XXO

Thu Sept 18, 12:53:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ahhh, that's everyone one's excuse Handmaiden. "I'm in a different country. I'm in a different State". Gawd, I don't understand why people aren't willing to travel those distances to see a six minute film. It's so exasperating!

Actually, I wont be going down to see it for exactly that reason. It's nice to know it's being played though.

Thanks

Thu Sept 18, 01:54:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

How are you getting along now, are you able to do any creating?

Thu Sept 18, 02:16:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I haven't been creative for years.

Well... OK...

I have written a script for a film I'm going to make as a series for the internet. And I have made a couple of props for a film. A book and a pendant. Well, the pendant isn't finished yet as I'm waiting for a 1920s monocle to come in from the States but it's almost complete. I'm sure I'll post photo's once I'm done with it.

But other than that, no. Nothing at all.

Thu Sept 18, 02:41:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

I love the film - Whirligig
reminds me some Chagall paintings



Cheers!

Thu Sept 18, 09:56:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

That is far too kind Ruela.

I love Birthday. And Equestrienne. And the Blue House. And. And. Well, they're all so dreamy and beautiful.

Fri Sept 19, 08:36:00 am

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Slacking then eh ;)

Fri Sept 19, 09:34:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Always

Tue Sept 23, 12:37:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I'm very proud of you! What a great cause!

Mental Health should be studied, and hopefully one day be eliminated!

Mon Sept 29, 01:32:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I think mental health should be promoted and one day available for everyone.

But I'm sure you meant mental illness. Or are you a figment of my imagination.

Mon Sept 29, 03:26:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home