8/29/2008

Oh, I'm around...

...and doing very well. Only, every time I try and write something, this happens;



You DON'T want to know what happens when I use a keyboa...

Take: 14

Blogger Shelley Noble mused...

Hi! *waves* back! Still got a fab fabric pack due to ship out to Mooncar! I haven't been inside a post office since forever.

I love the look of this clip! Are you telling me (as in typing) that you got this much clarity with a Remyyy shoebox set up?

I love the animation of the ink on paper, really well done.

Fri Aug 29, 03:01:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Shel!

No, what I'm saying (as in typing) is I like the texture of the Remyyy shoebox but don't like the limitation that using an Obscura would put on the camera (because using a single lens fixes the focal length which means the camera has to be a certain distance from the subject to give a clear shot, and it sincerely cripples your ability to zoom, etc as all the camera can do is focus on the paper inside the obscura) so I very quickly made up a set of filters in AfterFX that gave a similar feel, maintained most of the digital clarity and, most importantly, gave me the freedom to put the camera where I needed it to be.

The ink is a test for a bigger and more elaborate SFX I want to try. It needs more frames and greater detail though.

Fri Aug 29, 03:29:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

Love this video...great work.

Best wishes G3t.

Sat Aug 30, 07:26:00 am

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

oh
I post that video at Neo_Artes.

Sat Aug 30, 08:56:00 am

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Hi G3t, that's clever ... don't understand how you did it of course, but it's very impressive ... glad you are creating again - how's Possum doing?

Sat Aug 30, 09:16:00 pm

 
Blogger captain modroom9 mused...

I thought the film was going to show your brain dropping out, but blotting paper is good anyway. You know, you might have been able to have a camera mounted in the hole in your head but it's probably too late now.

Sun Aug 31, 05:22:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Thanks Ruela, I can see this type of thing fitting into your space really well.

I cant wait to do a lot more of this type of thing. It's a lot of fun.

Mon Sept 01, 11:06:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Bimbimbie,

This is just one step on the way to being creative. A few more shots, add a story, then we might be talking. :)

Possum is doing reeeeeeeally well. Although he's getting very cocky now. Our house is his own private play pen. I woke up with him sitting of the edge of our bed the other day. Before that he was too scared to even go into our bedroom. Crazy burd!

Mon Sept 01, 11:08:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Cap'n! My friends and I, being from probably the most asian Western city in the world, are very much into Manga and all it has to offer. There were a lot of jokes going around before the surgery that I going to have a camera installed... so I did... unfortunately they put it in backwards and all you can see vaguely through the darkness is my throbbing brain. Which seems cool when you hear about it but after a couple of minutes it gets more boring than a Andy Warhol film.

Mon Sept 01, 11:15:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

From the bottom or the top???

Mon Sept 01, 10:10:00 pm

 
Blogger captain modroom9 mused...

That's a very introspective camera you've had installed, but good news that there's something left in there to film even if it's more boring than a Warhol film.

Tue Sept 02, 02:32:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Interesting question Richard... Seeing as I don't understand you, I'm going to say, 'bottom'.

Tue Sept 02, 08:33:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Cap'n, I lied... there's nothing. noooooothing.... wait, is that some graffiti on the inside of my head.

Tue Sept 02, 08:34:00 am

 
Blogger JLee mused...

Reminds me of a Japanese horror flick...

Mon Sept 15, 12:30:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home