9/18/2008

It's all so bright and shiny

I don't think I've ever put these on here. This is the very bright and shiny front cover and label art for the DVD of Whirligig. It's a strange thing to revisit a film I made so many years ago. But it is nice to remember that putting a lot of effort into a good story pays off in the product.





Although, watching it again (really watching it not just having it play) after so many years makes me wonder what the film would have been like if I'd of had a half decent animator involved. I guess that just goes to show that a good story is a good story no matter how it's packaged.

Now I should stop revisiting the past and get on with another, new, good story... hmmm, do I have one?

Take: 16

Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

I love it. Is it something I can purchase? Yes, it's satire and you noticed that one can't bedizen with a balbriggan and also beautiful baxters exuding class cannot banter to the point of gossip in front of their offsprings, right?

Thu Sept 18, 07:07:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

You got links there on the side for stuff! Who knew?!?!?!

Great little story, maybe the animation could have been better but the quirkiness is part of the charm, and the surreal quality of the story while trying to say something deeper involved me and I found myself wishing there were more!

Here's a story idea... about a little planet where all the ice melts so there's water everywhere and people stop burning fuels cuz they burned them all up and they ate all the food and there got to be so many people no one had a chair but somehow, and here's the stretch, they all got along and lived happily ever after :)

Thu Sept 18, 10:31:00 pm

 
Blogger Is it sync'd yet? mused...

MAN! I hate that I missed all this stuff. I feel like I am in a time warp here.

I lost two computers all my favorites.

I have had job issues.

I have had personal issues.

I have had just issues.

Then I get a post for you and remember my old friend over in AU and his TUMAH! and everything seems so petty.

I am beyond stoked that your shit is straight and your kicking it high style after they removed that beasty.

I got you back in the rotation my friend feels good to get back in our old groove.


Gnat.
.

Fri Sept 19, 12:33:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Ces, I've been threatening to send the American crew a copy of my films for years now. How about I add you to the list and when I finally get around to it I'll send you a copy too... actually, maybe it would force me to send copies if people paid for them... Nah, I couldn't make people pay for what I'd happily give for free.

Fri Sept 19, 09:37:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Richard, I know! It's going to revolutionise the entire Internet. If only I'd thought to patent it.

Yeah, the animation could be a lot better. It's funny to watch it, I'm constantly interrupting the film in my head with things like, 'I rushed through that part to get to the festival deadline' or 'why didn't I change that' or 'you'd think I'd have taken another couple of minutes to fix that in photoshop'. It's quite hard for me to just shut up and enjoy it as a good little film I made.

I like your story idea. It sounds familiar. Except the end, that sounds unlikely. I think it should end with a large meteor strike and a collective relieved sigh out.

Fri Sept 19, 09:43:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Gnat!

Aw man, that sounds like a regular crap-fest. Personal, job, & computer; that's not petty, that's about 95% of a persons life. I'm surprised you didn't explode.

Glad to see you back in the swing of things... now, get lost and go blow some pumpkins for us all to admire ;) If you ever do get an Etsy shop save me a nice deeper than bottle green pumpkin.

Fri Sept 19, 09:49:00 am

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Shut up and enjoy what you created*!* - I know nothing about technical talk but I know what I like and liked what I saw and I think I told you it left me enchanted the first time I watched it. The colours here are very Australian too, thumbs up again.

Fri Sept 19, 09:48:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

No that would be a cliche ending, and then they died, the end! haha! No, it's got to have an ending no one is expecting! Maybe with all the extra water in the ocean the continents float and re-arrange themselves in the form of a message... 'yer fucked' no no no, too predictable! 'write home' that's a good one, keep everybody guessing :)

Fri Sept 19, 10:18:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

What can I say again but, i liked the film. So what, the cover was as bit garish. The "theme" of the film was what was great, it resonated with me & I'm sure a lot of others. keep up the good work, Richard.

Sun Sept 21, 06:09:00 am

 
Blogger High Power Rocketry mused...

So shiny. I am drooling.

Sun Sept 21, 11:02:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I hear you Bimbimbie... now if only I could put that into practice. :)

The Australian colours are by no means an accident. Sometimes it feels a little bit too Mambo for my liking... but then again, I did have privilege of working with some of Dare Jennings' works before and they were nothing like my work here... they were more like this.

Mon Sept 22, 10:41:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Richard, it today's climate, predictable is good. Why do you think Hollywood does so many remakes.

Mon Sept 22, 10:43:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

The cover is garish, Handmaiden... oh dear.

Mon Sept 22, 10:43:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Well R2K, I'll have to ask you to refrain as it's likely to cause a short circuit with that many Neon colours hanging around.

Mon Sept 22, 10:50:00 am

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

Absolutely stunning man!!!
It was so nice just to sit here and be engulfed in the beautiful variations of red, yellow and green, the movement of the design, and the gorgeous film...
Very relaxing, and very moving!

Wed Sept 24, 06:27:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Glad you like it d00d!

Thu Sept 25, 02:00:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home