11/12/2006

Monkey Business

You've probably all seen the 'Monkey is Pilot' film by now.

I'd like to re-iterate that working with the ever talented Monkey and the grand high musicologist Sir Ticharu made it one of the funnest films I've done. As easy as they made it for me to make this film there were a number of issues. Issues that had nothing to do with writing, storyboarding and then producing 'Monkey is a Pilot' from half way around the world to the rest of the cast and crew. Those issues had everything to do with Purple. Yes, that's right, we had Purple problems.

The following video is very rough, it is out-takes after all... but I hope it goes part of the way to understanding our Purple Problems.



I am glad to say that Purple and I did manage to sort things out over a bottle of single malt scotch. Purple's cool. He just had a little trouble understanding the difference between reality and acting. I would like to officially apologise for calling him a stuffed toy, it was unprofessional and uncalled for. As a way to set things straight I've managed to get Purple a job with a leading LA stunt agency. He is in hot demand, I just hope I can afford him if we do another Monkey film.

Take: 19

Blogger jin mused...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

:-D

You are GOOD, dude!

Sun Nov 12, 08:56:00 pm

 
Blogger axx mused...

Is he still up there?

You'll have to make a sequal!

Sun Nov 12, 11:44:00 pm

 
Blogger Calzone mused...

Yo dilly,

Keep it on the down low but ever since Purps got hooked on the white lady, he's been pulling ticks all over the place. Totes.

Mon Nov 13, 03:23:00 am

 
Blogger JLee mused...

hahhaahh...Purple Prima Donna!

Mon Nov 13, 04:22:00 am

 
Blogger JLee mused...

I'm not sure I want to know what he's flinging at you...

Mon Nov 13, 04:24:00 am

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

Was he flinging poo bikkies at you?

Mon Nov 13, 04:50:00 am

 
Blogger Bathroom Hippo mused...


Ewwwwwwwwy.

Mon Nov 13, 05:52:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

Why was he throwing cinnemon rolls at me? I'm not hungry. Were you hungry during the filming of that bit? Was the banana suspended, as in lime jello?

Mon Nov 13, 06:30:00 am

 
Blogger Monkey mused...

Looks like Purple needs a little fiber in his diet.

I'm so glad you apologized you for the "stuffed animal" remark. Rather harsh of you. If you had not recanted, my agent Mr. Cal E. Zone would have been in touch.

Mon Nov 13, 09:02:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

That was hillarious! I finished 'Purple' BTW, I'll have it on 'Legs' in 24 hours. I hope Purple likes industrial soundscapes with psycho synth mayhem and hearing his own name like a jungle chant.

Mon Nov 13, 11:15:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I think Cat and Dog have a lot of nerve refusing to work with stuffed animals. In America, we would consider them stuffed animals too, even if they have large holes in their backsides for human's hands.

I can see Purple's Perspective

Mon Nov 13, 01:28:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hey Pooples

I'm not around much over the next few days, doing courses for work. Glad you're all enjoying the vid though.

But just so people know, SafeT was right. They were cinnemon rolls, the snacks on set were fantastic! Just not at high velocity.

I also can't believe Calzone is trying to start baseless rumours about his own clients just to get some press. Purple is the height of professionalism.

And I would like to assure Monkey, even though I think the threat of Mr Zone is a little ineffectual (unless there's babes and a pile of narcs in it for him, he aint doing nuth'n) I have never raised my voice in anger before or since. It's not my style. It was just that we had the producers accountant standing over my shoulder and our shooting times were tight. Purples knows how much I respect him... and he'll do anything after his fix of white lady.

Oh, and there is a certain similarity between Me, Mooncar and Cat & Dog... but it's not us... honest! Our accent is far less understandable as Cricket rightly pointed out.

Anyway, I'm jiggered. I'll be around to everyone to say 'Hi' soon.

Mon Nov 13, 06:06:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

definately cool! you guys are just the best. thanks for all the entertainment.

Tue Nov 14, 01:36:00 am

 
Blogger Monkey mused...

I'll stuff you, you... you... wanker!

(How is my Australian progressing?)

Tue Nov 14, 12:09:00 pm

 
Blogger Spinning Girl mused...

That was quite a chunky poo-patty.

Wed Nov 15, 03:25:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I killed Bark.

But I rewrote it so he didn't get shot after all.

Bark is alive.

Thu Nov 16, 06:59:00 am

 
Blogger Wendy mused...

hehehehehe! That purple. He is stubborn, or shy or poopy. Very cute.

Squid stop killing Bark, it's making me nervous!

Thu Nov 16, 07:32:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

IIIIIIIIIIIIII'M BACK! I've been to a couple of different courses. The most disturbing was the First Aid. Would you trust me to revive you? Me neither. What ever you do, don't collapse around me. I may be able to extend your life until someone who knows what they're doing turns up but chances are I'll also steal your wallet, fondle you in unsanitary ways and give you the kiss. Of life I mean. No-one wants that...

L>t, We're entertaining ourselves mostly. But it makes me incredibly happy to know that other people are getting enjoyment from it as well.

PURPLE, it's coming along perfectly, now, trying moving onto the second exercise, same sentiment, "I'm gunna rip ya bleed'n head orf en use ya neck as a long drop ya mungrel"

Spinning Girl, It had the texture of an egg-salad with skittles mixed into it. I think we can all understand my frustrated anger.

Squid, Huh? You did what now? Don't make me come over there! Frigg'n hell, if ya kill Bark again you're in big trouble mister!

Wendy, We could call Purple all those things but really he's just a prima donna. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thu Nov 16, 10:28:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

but i am purple and not a stuffed toy... yes my name is purple... and i'm a chicky... i wonder how old this blog is???

Fri Aug 03, 01:57:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home