7/16/2007

I've been keeping myself busy...



...with a Tank?

Yeah, OK, I wasn't even in town. I've been in Canblah (Canberra) visiting my brother, his wife and their new baby daughter.

Take: 44

Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Tank you for the update! We were concerned for you and your tank.

Tue Jul 17, 01:36:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Wow! I didn't know that you owned a car like that! In the US we have cars called "Hummers" which are designed after Hum-Vees, I didn't know that in Australia people drive in actual tanks! (They will be sold in the US in no time) It looks like you had an eventful drive on the way to Canberra!

One thing that concerns me is global warming and the high cost of fuel. Maybe you should consider buying a hybrid tank. Al Gore would thank you.

Tue Jul 17, 05:53:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

I once lived in an APC for three frightening minutes at a local armory show. I was so hungry I ate the stuffing from the captains chair and they had to pump my stomach.

In the end they wouldn't even give me a baggy.

Tue Jul 17, 08:03:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Squid, I was more concerned that one of the cops ripped my tank-top when they threw me in the tank for driving an unregistered tank over mobile phone towers. A silly concern, but I was pretty tanked.

Tue Jul 17, 11:59:00 am

 
Blogger Bathroom Hippo mused...


Must have escaped from Iraq.

Didn't know your tanks could swim. You Aussies are intelligent little buggers, eh mate?

Tue Jul 17, 12:00:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hey Diana, we have Hummers down here too. Stoopid American vehicles! We had a guy at Fox who drove a hummer and had to park it outside the studio because it was too wide to fit through the security boom gates. It gave us a lot of laughs 'cause that meant that it wouldn't fit through a lot of Sydney's narrow streets. What's the point of driving a car you can't logistically drive everywhere? Crazy Yanks :)

That's why I drive a tank, I can create my own roads... and run over Al Gore when I get the chance.

Actually, the guy I work with says he knows the tank driver (he had two tanks according to my work-mate). Apparently the guy had a breakdown and thinking that Telstra (the national telephone carrier) had bugged his phone decided to use his tank to knock down Telstra's mobile phone towers.

Tue Jul 17, 12:08:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Step away from the mushrooms SafeT!

You know dude, if we could get your original robot specifications we could up-size your model and you could be a APC. Instead of eating seats we could make your mouth the entry point for soldiers and you could get a feed as well. Although if someone goes AWOL with you we'd need a pretty big stomach pump to get them out... still, I'm game if you are!

Tue Jul 17, 12:14:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I'm not sure how many WWII tanks there are in Iraq B-Hip. My guess is that there are none... after this one escaped.

Don't be crazy man, the tank didn't swim, sheesh! It flew... forwards through time. The real cleverness of that act is that there was a brief two day layover in the 70's where the tank got to crush some hippies. Very satisfying!

Tue Jul 17, 12:20:00 pm

 
Blogger jamwall mused...

I've never run away with a tank persay. I have gotten extremely "tanked" however which resulted in damaged property and me passed out naked covered in olive drab paint.

Wed Jul 18, 02:26:00 am

 
Blogger JLee mused...

You drove a tank to see your sister? You Aussies are wacky, I tell ya...

Wed Jul 18, 06:16:00 am

 
Blogger JLee mused...

I mean brother...damn, I ruined my own comment.

Wed Jul 18, 06:17:00 am

 
Blogger Murp! mused...

Perhaps he was only following my orders???

Wed Jul 18, 11:45:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I wish I had a tank!

The guy talking at the end...he didn't sound like Steve Irwin or crocidile Dundee. ???

Wed Jul 18, 02:37:00 pm

 
Blogger jin mused...

You just know that guy masturbated inside the tank.

(Notice I said 'that guy'... I didn't really want your other readers to think you'd be capable of that sort of behaviour. SHAME.)

Wed Jul 18, 08:05:00 pm

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

Now that is a dumbass.

Wed Jul 18, 11:27:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

uh??? masturbation is wrong? Crap!
The computer is evil, then. Throw the damn thing out the window! Or cover it with tofu, anyway.

Thu Jul 19, 02:58:00 am

 
Blogger Calzone mused...

I was visting your brothers wife too.

is that what you said? I'm so wasted I can't remember. Thanks for screwing up Monkeys comment section you prick.

I'm never paying you back that 5 dollars.

Thu Jul 19, 05:42:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Jammers!

Was that Olive drab paint? I thought it was grey, at least it looked that way through the camera under the studio lights. Damnit! I wanted it grey! I was shooting a wild-life documentary and you were supposed to be standing in as the elephant.

Thu Jul 19, 01:25:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

That's fine actually JLee, I stopped off to see my sister on the way. I thought it would be funny to see her reaction as I ploughed through her front wall... and onto her head...

Thu Jul 19, 01:27:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Captain, my captain!

If you keep this up Satan is definitely going to have to promote you again Murp!

Thu Jul 19, 01:29:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Well spotted L>t, he is a Maori. One of the indigenous tribe peoples of New Zealand.

I'm also assuming the other comment is yours... tofu is a whole other type of evil!

Thu Jul 19, 01:31:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Jin... errrrr... I hadn't thought of that... is that what you would do on tank rampage? I worry for your mental health ;)

PS. You're right, I'm not capable of that sort of behaviour. Although I am capable of tapping the phone of a crazy tank owner and making him think it was all Telstra's doing.

Thu Jul 19, 01:34:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hi Brooke... yep! And you thought Sydney was a nice town.

Thu Jul 19, 01:35:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Zoner! How dare you imply that my brothers wife sleeps around... wait, is that why her daughter has fur and a tail? Figures.

PS. Sober up you dumbass! You owe me 5 thousand dollars and I have a baseball bat with your knees name on it.

Thu Jul 19, 01:39:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

The other comment was not me, per se. I barely remember it.

(Yes, I know per se is a silly word. But it was begging to be used in this instance. If I hadn't used it...it would of followed me around like a dog until i did.)

One of the other Australian bloggers I associate with comes up with some funny(bizzare, sorta) accents for certain "indigenous tribe peoples" I'm going to have to try to find instances (maybe on utube) of these curious accents.

Speaking of accents. I can't wait to see what accent you come up with for your "Eastern Block country during the Communist era." characters.

Fri Jul 20, 01:11:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

Rich, speaking of Maori, I just noticed my link in your blogroll reads "needs Closure".

I laugh nervously because I don't know what heppened there...

Fri Jul 20, 03:51:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

L>t! Forshame, blogging under the influence again... fun isn't it.

I don't mind the use of 'per se' in the right context. Which your use was, so no worries there.

For the accent you can probably just imagine a Russian accent. But the characters wont be speaking english. They have no need, all the speaking will be through there actions. I don't know when I'm going to get a chance to film these little fellas. I start school next week and all my free time has been taken up by friends and family members having babies that I MUST visit.

Oh well, the puppets aren't going anywhere.

Fri Jul 20, 09:17:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hmmmmm, yes SafeT! I've often wondered what happened there too. I like to imagine he and his android friend went for a long lunch and will be back soon.

Bring me some love in the form of Closure... or not :(

Fri Jul 20, 09:19:00 am

 
Blogger Murp! mused...

Once upon a time, there was a blogger named Satan...
at least he updated one a month.

Thu Jul 26, 10:48:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Actually Murp!ers, he updated every 50 comments. *looks at the comment count* Not even close! ;)








Too busy... incredibly busy... I've never had so much stuff to post about and no time to even think of how to phrase it let alone type it into a blog. Bear with me... nah, don't, I'll be around to say howdy the moment I get a chance to put a post up.

Fri Jul 27, 08:37:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

Miss you!!!

:-D

Fri Jul 27, 01:31:00 pm

 
Blogger Arcturus mused...

Sorry, Rich, but that was NOTHING ... If you wanna see some runaway tank action ... check out this clip on YouTube. This happened in San Diego in 1995 ... and because it was in America, somebody died ... in this case, it was only the tank driver when the police killed him. And listen to the hysterical good-versus-evil narration!

Sat Jul 28, 07:34:00 am

 
Blogger Murp! mused...

I've been updating MY blob, just for you!

Sun Jul 29, 06:34:00 am

 
Blogger JLee mused...

ok. We're sending out a search party...

Mon Jul 30, 11:20:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I know why Rich is too busy to post.

He had his first assignment in film school, the professor saw it and sent it to his friends at a major studio with "the next stephen spielberg" written on it.

Right now he is working on a 40 million dollar version of Vzkierdo and Brun, to be filmed in Toronto, Sydney, and Djibouti.

I know all this because he was on one of my flights, in first class, having a celebrity tantrum because we didn't carry his favorite Australian beer.

Tue Jul 31, 05:47:00 am

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

They should really put up tank crossing signs.

Tue Jul 31, 10:42:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

Haha!!!
Diana you are brilliant!
:-D

...and I just know rich is going to read this and say, 'jin, don't encourage her'...

too bad...that was the mother of all comments! ;-)

Thu Aug 02, 05:41:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Well Jin, I have a bone to pick with you! He was also going on and on saying "This cookie sucks! I want a Uniquely Yours cookie! I want a UY gingerbread man with a big penis on it...blah blah blah" It was really tiring.

Sat Aug 04, 08:20:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

Are we talking about browser cookies?!?

Rich, where are you?

Sun Aug 05, 05:07:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

Haaahahahaaa Diana!
So, you saw my big penis then?
...uh...that didn't come out right!
:-S

Browser cookies have penises too?! I must have one! Can I google it?

Mon Aug 06, 02:03:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I did see your penis Jin, and it looked delicious

Tue Aug 07, 09:12:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

Haaahahaaa....those lurkers that don't know what we are talking about are thinking many evil things right now! ;-)

Tue Aug 14, 07:00:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Message to the Lurkers:

If you want to see Jin's delicious big penis, you can find it on her site, I think it was posted around Christmas time.

While you are there, buy some cookies!

Wed Aug 15, 03:14:00 pm

 
Blogger jin mused...

Heeheee!!!
Now that ought to bring in some new business!!!
:-D

Sun Aug 19, 09:32:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home