8/06/2007

I KNOW, I KNOW, GIVUS A BREAK...

Where is he?

What's he doing?

Why doesn't he love us any more?

What's that odd smell?

Quiet down you lot. On top of work, I'm a freak'n student now. I thought I was going to be able to grow my hair long. Drink Schnapps whilst pondering the mysteries of life in a black skivvy. Make love to far too thin models from exotic climes to the sound of my own voice haughtily complaining about the Mise en Scene of her Italian decorated penthouse apartment.

But no...

Making films seems to be a lot of work. Who woulda thunk it? Well... me really. Outside of class time, when I'm not working, I've been trying to arrange three different projects to the point where I have enough information and credibility that will convince the school to let me turn the ideas into actual films.

My Doco idea, for I have to make a Doco this semester, is not something that's straight forward or easy but the idea, the story, and the characters involved are ones that I find compelling. Something I can definitely maintain interest in for the next 6 months. So I continue to liaise with four different groups of people, treading the fine balance between their own strongly felt belief systems and navigate their vastly varying bureaucracies. Try that whilst trekking in and out of these communities deep within the Aussie bush with no road access and an inherent suspicion of outsiders and then try to source 'free' archival footage and historical information on top of that. This project isn't easy, no, but I've been dogged and very, very lucky so far and I think by the time I pitch the idea to the school in a couple of weeks the inroads I've made so far will help convince them to make it a film.

...and that's only one of three projects.

So this is where I've been, and what I've been doing, and yes, of course I still love you peoples and I check the blogs as often as I can but bear with me if I don't post or comment often.

Until next time... keep watching the skies! What?

PS. Oh and the smell is me... Sorry... A lot of these remote communities don't have what you'd call 'modern facilities'.

Take: 8

Blogger jin mused...

I still love ya rich.

(Even tho you never post or comment & smell bad.)

Mon Aug 06, 02:04:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Excuses, excuses...
That's ok if you don't update or visit or comment. We'll still be here reading each other's comments. At least that should be entertaining.

Be careful in the bush. I hear there are man-eating koalas out there.

Tue Aug 07, 06:33:00 am

 
Blogger Wendy mused...

anytime a man (read Squid) works very hard or is in classes there are very bad smells. VERY BAD! Nice to know this is a global phenomena.

Tue Aug 07, 07:00:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Likely story Rich...I know what you're really doing

Tue Aug 07, 03:07:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

Oh it sounds great!

& I thought small town politics was exciting...

Wed Aug 08, 03:13:00 pm

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

Hey! I have a new name and address. Same me though!

Seriously, you are as lazy a blogger as I am.

Sun Aug 12, 01:24:00 am

 
Blogger JLee mused...

I am not moving until you post something else. I will just sit here and whistle ............................................................................................................................................................

Mon Aug 13, 07:19:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

Are your Ruski rubber puppets one of the projects? I miss them. I think I might just scroll down and look at 'em right now.

Mon Aug 20, 02:50:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home