6/10/2008

Animating with Fire and Ice

I know, Crazy! But anything is possible with a pair of scissors, your imagination and a box of matches.


Oh Mandy by the Spinto Band and directed/edited/post prod by Jon Watts over at Colonel Blimp

Take: 62

Anonymous Anonymous mused...

BWARK! I liked all of that except the chopping of trees, fire and music. BWARK!! It's already too cold so didn't like the ice much either BWARK!!

Tue Jun 10, 05:13:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

EXCELLENT! A clip with both burning and ice including paper!!! That was fun :)

Tue Jun 10, 05:14:00 pm

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

Great song, but the band really needs to rethink their choice of building materials.

Wed Jun 11, 04:42:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

That's it! Off to the castle with you King Jack. You've obviously had a little too much nectar powder for one morning.

Wed Jun 11, 09:22:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

It's a revelation I tells ya Anonybird. I'm not sure I like a lot of the stuff at Colonel Blimp but Jon Watts seems to be a fairly clever fellow.

Fun is what it is indeed!

Wed Jun 11, 09:24:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Phos, I, well, it's, they, I'm... can't argue with that I guess. I've biscuits are a good substitute.

Wed Jun 11, 09:25:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I'll have those biscuits THANKS Bwark!!

Wed Jun 11, 09:37:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hmmm, a village made entirely of biscuit and seed... eaten by giant birds. It could make for a fuuun video clip.

Wed Jun 11, 09:47:00 am

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Yeah for the trees resprouting*!*

Very clever clip, not so sure about the song though

Wed Jun 11, 10:18:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ah yes Bimbimbie, the landscape of the heart will always experience times of fire and ice but will hopefully continue to bud.

Rosebud!

Yeah, the songs not on my top ten rotation... the video clip certainly is.

Wed Jun 11, 10:28:00 am

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

The ending of my film had giant birds shooting chocolate bullets that landed as plasticine destroying the set HAHHAA! Hmmmm biscuit and seed town sounds promising; Possum would like to be the Star, I'm sure! Hey, what's happened to the dragons and paper ...

Wed Jun 11, 11:54:00 am

 
Blogger Sandra Evertson mused...

Your work is absolutely Amazing!
And I so enjoyed reading about the flying adventures of your little Possum!
Sandra Evertson

Wed Jun 11, 12:04:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Anonybird! That. Sounds. So. Cool. Where O where can I see this megafauna extravaganza? Pleeeeeeease?

Wed Jun 11, 01:31:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Sandra,

Welcome and thanks for dropping in on Get Films.

Your stories sure are unique... in that they're secondary to the items that make up the story. I look forward to checking out your archives.

Wed Jun 11, 01:34:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Thanks for posting that it is really very cool or is it hot? i liked it anyway.

I just ordered a how to book on paper pop-ups & an interesting pop-up book.

Wed Jun 11, 01:34:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Sounds like another star is awaiting her birth ... Rosebud *!*

Wed Jun 11, 01:35:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Now that book looks really interesting. I'll have to track down a copy.

I didn't know you were interested in Paper Art, Handmaiden. There's lots of really cool stuff on this site.

Wed Jun 11, 02:06:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Bimbimbie, I never did figure out who Rosebud was... but I heard she too went up in flames. Although that Dorothy Comingore sure was one cute Blondie.

Wed Jun 11, 02:16:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

Hhehee, on ancient Super 8 film somewhere. The last time I asked my parents, it was lost. There was a rainstorm using a watering can and everything! Hhehheee... BOOM went the THUNDER!!!! You just have to use your imagination ;)

Wed Jun 11, 03:34:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Doh! My first film went the same way apparently. Although my friend who I made it with believes he still has a VHS copy somewhere.

Wed Jun 11, 03:39:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

Hhehheee, that was when we only had Beta at home which didn't turn out to be better in Australia. The last time I asked the plan was to convert it onto VHS. Sigh. Oh well! Meeeeemories .... You should hastle your friend for a copy :)

Wed Jun 11, 03:47:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Totally, Hmmm, Let me just get him on messenger... OK, done, hassle completed.

I have a Super 8 at home. And film. Maybe you should draw out what you remember of your film and we can recreate it on Super 8. And add paper dragons instead of birds.

Wed Jun 11, 03:51:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

That was easy. Why didn't you do that before?

It was a 45 minute movie which translates to that much drawing!!! Took two weeks day and night minus most toilet breaks to make. Besides, that would be STEALING my brilliant ideas. Apart from the paper dragons which were plasticine dinosaur monster things taht flew anyway. Must fly! *flutter*

Wed Jun 11, 04:03:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

STEALING... sheesh, is that what I suggested. Crikey! I wouldn't want to STEAL somebodies destroyed Super 8 film.

Two weeks is NOTHING and Super 8's are CHEAP and film is AVAILABLE. Now, YOU go recreate YOUR movie... remember to use the toilet.

Cwazy Burd.

Wed Jun 11, 04:10:00 pm

 
Blogger BoiledEggIn aDeckchair mused...

Is it real?

Thu Jun 12, 08:12:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Parts!

Thu Jun 12, 08:36:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Which parts?

Thu Jun 12, 09:26:00 am

 
Blogger BoiledEggIn aDeckchair mused...

Don't tell him.

Thu Jun 12, 09:51:00 am

 
Blogger BoiledEggIn aDeckchair mused...

Keep it a secret.

Thu Jun 12, 09:52:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Jack! Jack!

Well, that would be telling...

...

...

Yeah, OK, the Ice looks real for the most part with one or two possible model shots. There's at least one or two sections of the fire sequence that definitely looks like it was animated while on fire and the rest I would guess is layered in something like After FX; the part where the clip plays on your computer is also real.

Thu Jun 12, 10:01:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Boiledeggin[space]adeckchair

I certainly wouldn't do that.

Thu Jun 12, 10:03:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Boiledeggin[space]adeckchair

I lied.

Thu Jun 12, 10:03:00 am

 
Blogger BoiledEggIn aDeckchair mused...

I don't think they are real.

Thu Jun 12, 10:26:00 am

 
Blogger BoiledEggIn aDeckchair mused...

Neither do I.

Thu Jun 12, 10:28:00 am

 
Blogger BoiledEggIn aDeckchair mused...

I think they are.

Thu Jun 12, 10:28:00 am

 
Blogger BoiledEggIn aDeckchair mused...

I've forgotten what it is.

Thu Jun 12, 10:29:00 am

 
Blogger BoiledEggIn aDeckchair mused...

Is it a rocket?

Thu Jun 12, 10:29:00 am

 
Blogger BoiledEggIn aDeckchair mused...

Where does it go to?

Thu Jun 12, 10:30:00 am

 
Blogger BoiledEggIn aDeckchair mused...

Rockets are real.

Thu Jun 12, 10:31:00 am

 
Blogger BoiledEggIn aDeckchair mused...

And you can eat them.

Thu Jun 12, 10:32:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Of course Rockets are real!

Thu Jun 12, 10:35:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Boiledeggin[space]adeckchair

I sure could eat an egg right now. A boiled egg. Three of them. Do you have any friends... hopefully twins?

Thu Jun 12, 10:44:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Have new twisted whiskers with the new spam-o-matic!
You have a really interresting blog and you have been chosen to try it! HOP!

Thu Jun 12, 01:57:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Twisted Whiskers Spam-o-Matic Hoppilator, Welcome to Get Films. I've always hoped I had an inner-resting blarrrrg.

Your Totoro whiskers are wonderfully lush!

Thu Jun 12, 02:04:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I'm BoiledEggIn ADeckchair's friend! He also has two english twin friends. Pompoms. BWARK!

Hello HELLO Lapin!

Hello HELLO G3TFilms! This is Anonybird's computer not mine. BWARK!

Thu Jun 12, 06:31:00 pm

 
Blogger Rita mused...

I love hanging out in your comment section. So much wild imagination lurks here & thank you for the link.

A pop up is a paper machine that works on kinetic energy.

Is that cool or what!!?

An elementary understanding of geometry, an unlimited supply of paper & I could rule the world...Bwahahaha

Thu Jun 12, 09:47:00 pm

 
Blogger Lapin Poulain mused...

I am NOT Japanese!!!! Even if I speak Japanese and 217 other languages, including Swaili! I am from China and was adopted by a FRENCH family (Amelie Poulain is my cousin) before coming to Canada and meetint an EXTRAORDINARY talented MP.... NO NOT A MOUNTED POLICE!!!! You really like my whiskers? *teehee* *blushing*

Thu Jun 12, 11:10:00 pm

 
Blogger BoiledEggIn aDeckchair mused...

I saw a monkey on a rocket.

POMPOMS!!!!

Fri Jun 13, 09:43:00 am

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

Well, it was a good film...

Sun Jun 15, 10:22:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

*sigh* Your pompoms aren't here BoiledEggInADeckchair! BWARK!!

I would also like to add that I am NOT "wild". My Appreciation Society Members will back me up regarding that atrocious statement by a poorly handmaiden, I'm sure!

Sun Jun 15, 11:26:00 am

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

What's new in the film world???

Sun Jun 15, 01:49:00 pm

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

I just love this. This is awesome. I like that you share these little known gems from YouTube. Thanks.

Mon Jun 16, 12:07:00 am

 
Blogger Rita mused...

My Appreciation Society Members will back me up regarding that atrocious statement by a poorly handmaiden, I'm sure! What the hell? Sorry, but that might be the most 'poorly' constructed sentence I have ever read.

Well, it twas a 'bird brain' that made it up, after all.

Mon Jun 16, 10:17:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Yeah, OK, this is my first drop in here for a while 'cause, among other things, I've been at the Sydney Film Festival. So there's plenty new in the world of film.

I'll be back to answer these comments later... oh, and Handmaiden, SETTLE! Jack wasn't 'having a go' at you, he was playing on your words when you said it was 'wild with imagination' in here and Jack, being a domesticated bird, seems to prefer the idea that it be domestic with imagination in here. I know, cwazy burd! But not an unkind byrd.

Mon Jun 16, 10:59:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Yeah well, I just wanted to know where the bird stood.
You have to be careful with critters that can speak the human language, you know.

I hope you will be able to clue us in to some of what is new in the world of film.

Mon Jun 16, 12:54:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I'm standing on Handmaiden's head and plucking out her eyebrows! BWARK!

I hope you will be able to clue us in to some of what is new in the world of film. I'm a Parrot! BWARK!!

Mon Jun 16, 08:19:00 pm

 
Blogger High Power Rocketry mused...

Some great media here.

Tue Jun 17, 03:21:00 am

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

cool video.

Tue Jun 17, 07:49:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Jack, you are BoiledEgginaDeckchairs friend? I thought you were his mother.

Handmaiden, that takes me to a whole new favourite subject of mine... Kinetic Art. Look at this dudes work.

Well Lapin, you speak very good Japanese for a French Canadian Stuffed Totoro. Yes. Your whiskers are truly fine. Are they edible?

BoiledEggIn aDeckchair, I think I know you saw a faux-Monkey on a rocket, without POMPOMS!

Phos, true dat!

Jack, BoiledEggIn aDeckchair can have POMPOMS here if he wants. POMPOMS are BoiledEggIn aDeckchair for cheer squad. CHEER! Oh, and, you are too wild!

Phos, Nuth'n. Dang it, Nuth'n.

Thanks Ces, it's good to have links to all the little films I find along the way that have inspired me in one way or another. Easy access when one needs to refer to something that influenced a decision about ones own cinematic endeavours.

I have readed poored sturcturationated sentences in me life HandMaiden. I find alcomohol helpz!

Handmaiden, Nuffin! Nuffin new!

Jack, You is evil. You is an evil, evil byrd. Eyebrows aren't for pluck'n, they is for rais'n when parrots says stoopid things. You is a parrot and wouldn't bez no'n that stuff.

R2K, Hey! Welcome to GetFilms. Feel free to look around. We're all about the Media here... New Media that is...

Ruela, Yup! There's some crazy stuff out there to be explored. Hopefully we can add to it. Well, at least your site is doing its part :)

Tue Jun 17, 12:12:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

A Parrot grooming your eyebrows is the HIGHEST compliment! ESPECIALLY from a KING! BWARK!!

Tue Jun 17, 01:43:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I guess plucking is a form of grooming... I wonder if it will catch on in the beauty salons?

Tue Jun 17, 02:53:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

thank you ;)

Wed Jun 25, 07:40:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home