5/28/2008

Creativitinesisation

As I wind down another shooting week, working between 8:30am and 12:00am for 4 or 5 days straight, and the editing reaches that stage of...

Click;

Cut;

Scroll;

Cut;

Ripple Delete;

Repeat.

Creativity reaches an all time low, nay, a more appropriate synonym which imbues the idea of uncaring tiredness that I can't think of because I don't care and I'm tired. It's nice to come out into the webisphere and find really cool inspiring stuff like this. Well, it's inspiring to someone like me who really enjoys creating stuff for people with my child-like mentality, namely children. Kath Bee's blog is linked over in my sidebar at the bottom.

So what do people think... on the weeks we're not Cut; Delete; Repeat; should we do some sort of film clip for one of KBs songs? You know, fer the fun've it!

I would have come up with some sort of drawn concept but you know... I don't care and I'm tired... YEAH, right, that's not me at all


fun with Dragons and a mechanical pencil

PS. No news on the camera yet... *sigh*

UPDATE: DSR needs, wait forrit, new heads and blocking unit... ka-ching! *sigh*

Take: 31

Blogger jin mused...

Sorry... am too tired to read all this.

I'm too busy doing this all week long:

Bake;

Cut;

Fill;

Cut;

Pipe Decorate;

Repeat.

Wed May 28, 05:38:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

*smile* Ta Jin! Hear dat!

On the train ride home tonight I was think'n... I have these awesome mates. I need to hang with them at some stage. They rock!

Wed May 28, 10:27:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

Good news about DSR, although that "ka-ching!" sounds expensive! There are some WILD THINGS in your drawing ;) About to check for dragon poop under my bed...

Thu May 29, 10:23:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Yeah Anonybird, the Ka-Ching is expensive. And it's right on that cusp between buying a new camera and fixing DSR. I really like DSR and think he's a much better (although non-HD) choice than his replacement. I wasn't super happy with the trial I did on the weekend, crazy hard to manage auto-focus settings. So I guess I'll pay the Ka-Ching and revive DSR for now.

There ARE, THERE ARE! I love those Wild Things. And Haku from Spirited Away... but Mulan eats it... much in the same way Rooney Eats It!

Thu May 29, 10:38:00 am

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

There are dragon poops under my bed or wild things in your drawing which I already know! BTW why aren't you WORKING? It's not midday yet ...

Thu May 29, 11:52:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Midday... MIDNIGHT is knock off time! I knocked off late last night.

I am working. I've just been off lecturing a foolhardy lad who bought a company PC without checking with me and now his brand new 'Vista' machine will not play with our Database. I have to dial a nerd now... well, a more expensive nerd than me anyway.

In the mean time I have the last of the DVDs for this week being burnt and I need to add an additional number of DVD labels and covering sleeves to the print run to cover an increased order.

I also need to answer this comment and check for Dragon poop under my desk.

Thu May 29, 12:20:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

If you do end up visiting some of these awesome peeps you know, could you stop by Jin's before visiting me and Tich, and maybe bring some "souvenirs" from Jins shop????

Pretty please? With icing, LOTS OF ICING on top?

Thu May 29, 05:06:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Yes live dangerously seize those wildlings and create a nightmare *!*


Good news for your DSR bad for your wallet

Thu May 29, 05:45:00 pm

 
Blogger KB mused...

You blogged me!! =D Thanks G3t! I wish I could draw.....but no....I can't! My 3 fav dragons are, wait make that 4, top left with the 2 long whiskers, top right with the eyelashes, bottom only with the puff of smoke and the one that looks like it's in a dragon costume. Cool - I didn't know one could draw so many diff types of dragons!!!
Hope you get your camera back soon and go scoop up the poop!! =) Nite nite

Thu May 29, 09:09:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Diana!

I would be too scared to visit Jin. Have you heard of that story about the wicked witch who cooks all day and had a ginger bread house to lure in hapless kiddies to be baked in her oven... yeah, that's her mothers husbands daughter.

But you can order her cakes online!!!

I'd love to visit that little state of yours in the south of barbados... or where ever you actually are, but with the head and the camera and all the rest who knows when that'll be (doh!).

Thu May 29, 09:28:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Bimbimbie!? You seize them... I'll go get some asbestos gloves and approach them from behind while they're feeding on you ;)

Yeah I know, stoopid money, but I need DSR to make nightmarish films about dragons, among other things.

Thu May 29, 09:32:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Kath Bee, I did? Oh, yeah, I did! Your music is excellent. (It's Rich by the way)

Everyone can draw, the rest is practice.

I'm glad you like some of them. It was only a 15 minute sketch fest to get ideas flowing. No real thought went into it. I guess Disney knows their stuff, cause the top left one is the Dragon from their movie Mulan. There's also other popular Dragons in there like Haku from japanese animation Spirited Away and the scaley legged monster from Where the Wild Things Are. It's interesting the other ones you like are the cuties.

The one that looks like a costume is really close to the current designs that I'm using for my kids stuff. But locking down designs is still a way off.

Anyway, we'll see how it progresses.

Thu May 29, 09:49:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Rightio ... on three then *!*

Fri May 30, 06:01:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

One... Two... RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Fri May 30, 08:33:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

BWARK!!!! Why are you running? It's only The King Jack! My shining handsomeness must be too much to bare. Or is it I'm BARE!?! Welcome to the King Jack Appreciation Society Member!

PS: This is a Royal visit BWARK! HAHHAHHAAA *bobbing up and down*

Fri May 30, 09:35:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Oh mighty King Jack, he who can project a shadow against the sky, we humbly receive you and now that you've added a bear to all the dragons I must take my leave from thee at great speeeeeeeeed.

Byeeeeeee.

Fri May 30, 09:42:00 am

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

I think you and KB should work on a project together, better not rip off Where the Wild Things Are though. I'd like to see more of your films

Fri May 30, 03:07:00 pm

 
Blogger Rita mused...

Oh it's such a chore being creative...but you love it!
Would we trade it for anything? No!
So quite yer bitch'n.

Sat May 31, 03:17:00 pm

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

wyrmy sketch, but the bee banner makes it worthwhile.
I used tohave one exactly like that which I would leave in the hall when my room chose to turn into the forest.
This way, when I returned my supper would still be hot.

Mon Jun 02, 04:21:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Phos,

It could be a really fun project if done right. We'll see.

I think it's good to have lots of influences, including Where The Wild Things Are (due in 2009), but ripping off other artists is not my thing. I have far too many ideas of my own as it is.

I'd like to see more of my films too.

Mon Jun 02, 09:16:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Oh Handmaiden, Would I trade click and cut editing for something artistic? ABSOLUTELY! I hate editing at the best of times but it's redeemable if it's part of creating a story. This isn't. It's just removing the unwanted bits.

That's the problem with that part of the project. It's not artistic at all. And very dull. But every job has that element to it no matter what it is.

Mon Jun 02, 09:19:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

SafeT! Long time no see. Ta for dropping in.

That's a Wrymy comment, and I have no idea what you're talking about but please don't go. We'll eat you up we love you so. No? I'll roar my terrible roars. And gnash my terrible teeth. And roll my terrible eyes. And show my terrible claws. Wait? Where'd you get a private boat? Damn!

Mon Jun 02, 09:32:00 am

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

I'm thinking of doing a sequel to my Lamb video, want to get it done in time for Sundance...

Mon Jun 02, 10:02:00 am

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

A little while ago I heard a radio host (female) complaining that all the traditional fairytales were bordering on nightmares and full of violence and perhaps not appropriate for children ... wonder what happened to her imagination *!*

Mon Jun 02, 11:39:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Just don't call it Hannibal, Phos... although you could do a hell of a lot worse than rip off Ridley Scott.

Mon Jun 02, 11:56:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I've made the same sorts of observations Bimbimbie. There are a whole lot of really terrible morals in the old fairy tales, my favourite example being the girl with the Red Shoes who ends up having her feet hacked off by a woodsman to stop her dancing. In the end she realises she should have obeyed her parents and devotes her life to god. Bleech! Crazy Christian writers shouldn't be allowed near children!

But there are also some absolutely marvelous tales that extend well back into pre-history. I think Where the Wild Things Are expresses something very primeval in human character and imagination and never loses sight of the fun that entails. It's truly great.

Mon Jun 02, 12:02:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

He he ... those CC writers didn't get their message through to me then*!* I loved the mental images of scary monsters and demons that I'd conjure up in my head after reading my storybooks. The best dragons I've seen are from the 14/15th century of biblical scenes. We had one preaching his fire and brimstone at our local Methodist church each Sunday too ... fantastic story teller *!*

Mon Jun 02, 02:50:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

Dragons and Pirates were the scariest to help my little sisters go to sleep at night. They are also REAL!

Mon Jun 02, 03:43:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ah, maybe that was it, Bimbimbie... our preacher growing up was a terrible story teller. He relied on comparing the gay community to the sex offenders in the local jail. I can only imagine he was secretly gay and it made him feel dirty.

Or that could just be me making up stories...

Mon Jun 02, 10:14:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

They're REAL? Crikey, who would have thought it. Little sisters are REAL!

Mon Jun 02, 10:15:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

lol ... you're probably right about your old preacher - those that protest too much and all that*!*

Tue Jun 03, 04:21:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home