6/02/2008

My first!

Hey, Look-y what I found. This was the first time DSR and I shot something together.

It was so much fun and took about 2 days of construction and 10 hours of shooting. I remember making this absolutely super cool sci-fi-type trapezoidal shaped set with removable walls and a mock-concrete looking floor for this little guy to sit in... why isn't it there? Because I finished it really late one summer night and let it sit over night and the hot glue of cardboard backed set met massive amounts of humidity and when I came to shoot the following morning the whole thing fell over and I shot with what I had rather putting it back together.

Anyway, I also updated the end to include my logo. It used to have... um... yeah, I don't remember. Enjoy!

Take: 21

Blogger Shelley Noble mused...

Schweeeet! I love it!

Tue Jun 03, 01:39:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Cheers Shelley! I thought you'd like that one for some reason.

Tue Jun 03, 08:44:00 am

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

Enjoyed! I want legs and a brain like your character :))

Tue Jun 03, 09:32:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I believe the Pixels brain was plasticine, Anonybird. Are you sure?

His legs are nice though!

Tue Jun 03, 09:38:00 am

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

OOOps, changed my mind about his brain. Are you reminiscing about poor DSR already? How much longer will you be apart?

Tue Jun 03, 11:03:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

*shrugs* depends on how long it takes for the parts to reach us from Singapore.

I'm hoping I'll have him back by Friday at the latest.

Tue Jun 03, 11:43:00 am

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Yes I was attracted to his legs too and the music *!*

Tue Jun 03, 04:27:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Wow, I'd never thought of Pixels legs as comely until I'd posted this. Good for Pixel!

The music was partly mine, partly Thievery Corp, and partly whoever Thievery Corp stole it from without crediting them. Electronica is a world of theft; and it depends on how many break beats you add and subtract before someone considers it yours I guess.

Tue Jun 03, 04:48:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Pixel has emu legs! BWARK!! I'm adding some beak beats ...

Tue Jun 03, 05:20:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

man!!!

super cool!

Tue Jun 03, 09:44:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Very cool & it moved very fast. I had to watch it like five times to get it all in. The bit of music at the end reminds me of a pinball ball game I used to like to play or was it frogger?

BTW, I left you a rather lengthy reply to your dig at Thomas Wolfe.

Wed Jun 04, 02:06:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

What did you used to have at the end? Huh? Huh? Was it a girl with a light up dress?

Wed Jun 04, 04:24:00 am

 
Blogger Is it sync'd yet? mused...

damn youtube at work...that computer nazi blocks it....wait that is me.....


I guess even the guy sitting next to the plug has to follow the rules.....so say we all.


Gnat.
.

Wed Jun 04, 04:32:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Your beak beats are always welcome Jack!

Pixel has reverse knees? Strange, I don't remember that... I'll have to go check.

Wed Jun 04, 08:38:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ruela, your impromptu use of exclamation marks make me smile. Cheers dude.

Wed Jun 04, 08:39:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

You're absolutely right Handmaiden. I think it's the biggest problem with the piece. I added the first split screen because I wanted to show the close up on his face and then it became too distracting from the typing and the button pushing so I added the other split screen and then I added the third to capture the moment of him pressing the button. In hindsight, I would strip off all the screens as they're too distracting. But hey, it's fun to be trying things out for the first time and learn from the mistakes.

Wed Jun 04, 08:42:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ha! No Diana, it certainly wasn't a girl in a light up dress. Not that I'm complaining but why is it your mind always goes there? ;)

I think I was just have it play endlessly in a loop and have Pixel come back up on the screen and repeat. But while I finished trying out the graphical effects I put in some place holder, a picture that I don't remember. Then I didn't like the graphical effects and went onto something else.

Wed Jun 04, 08:47:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Gnat... come on... I'm that network nazi at work too. I watch YouTube at work all day. It's our privilege in running a BattleStar; So say we all!

You just know with that attitude I'm going to be killed in the next episode.

Rich

Wed Jun 04, 08:50:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I thought about the whole backward knee problem but ignored it because that silver noisy thing the feathers are playing with cover them up! BWARK!!

Wed Jun 04, 09:17:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I think I've still got that itsy-bitsy silver (and blue) hand-made noisey thing somewhere in storage.

I'll have to find it and see if it can still make emu legs look like they're on backwards.

Wed Jun 04, 11:21:00 am

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

Ditto with the legs but most importantly, I appreciate the amount of work into it even for a short film.

Mon Jun 16, 12:10:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home