7/20/2009

I am the best... officially. No really, offically the best

Sorry I haven't been around much. This film caper... It's a never ending series of heart breaking problems that must be solved two minutes before they happen. I'm not sure why any of us do it.

For the awards of course! Not really. Clemency and Talisker's showing at the film festival was less than auspicious. We had two issues happen outside our control that couldn't be fixed before the screening. The first being that our negative 'somehow' got dirty which resulted in bright white speckles all over our beautiful dark interiors. Some of it was like a fireworks display. The second being that our Telecine House provided us with a file in the wrong aspect ratio which made the film look like crap for it's showing. Not to worry, both problems will be fixed for the next screening.

But of course, that didn't stand in the way of our film receiving recognition, we managed to pick up Best Editor, Best Sound Designer and of course... Best Producer! Because as it says in the title, out of 51 films in competition, I'm the Best! I was also voted Least Humble! ;)

Seriously though, my reward really is to see the absolute best film up on the screen and although I was a little disappointed with its showing the feedback we received was very complementary indeed.

As for feedback being great, we had another film in the festival called Earth Wind Fire Advertising which was an experimental piece created by twelve of us SFS guys, edited by myself to the awesome tune Smoke and Oil by our good friend (fiend) Ticharu. Experimental films are often ignored by audiences as they're a little too abstract for them. But the feedback was really remarkable. We had dozens of people approach us after the screening all with high praise and a multitude of questions as to how it had been made. Really was a fantastic screening, and there's a good chance we'll see it in another festival in a couple of months! Yeah!

Anyway, better hop... still more to do and work to catch up on. Hope everyone out there is doing great.

Proof that I'm the Best...
or at least a random photo of me doing something

Take: 21

Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

Heheh1 You are The Best indeed! Welcome back!

Mon Jul 20, 10:03:00 pm

 
Blogger jin mused...

WHOO-HOO Congratulations!!!
You rock Rich!
(But I knew that already! ;-)

Tue Jul 21, 02:08:00 am

 
Blogger Wendy mused...

Fantastic! Congratulations...hey I see you!

Tue Jul 21, 04:27:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

When do we get to see it?!?!?!

Wed Jul 22, 01:51:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Oh Ces, I'm not the best. I'm 'officially the best'. There's a difference there somewhere... not sure what that is though...

I'm back for one week, then, a new semester. Blarg!

Wed Jul 22, 09:19:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Actually, it's the people who worked the film that rock. Every single person who tried their best to get the desired results, making it a wonderful film to work on, is the real reason I got the award. They ROCK!

Oh, and thanks.

Wed Jul 22, 09:21:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Weeeeeeeeendy! Long time no see. Hope you're doing well.

Yes, you see me. I'm the woman on the right.

Wed Jul 22, 09:23:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

You will never see it... NEEEEEEVER... Okay, you will. Need to fix up a few bibs and bobs and then I'll send you a DVD copy. Then after we've exhausted the festival thing then it will come up online.

Wed Jul 22, 09:25:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

Cool! Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be online till after the festival, I'm just hyped!

Once you put the video online I'll link the song to it.

Wed Jul 22, 11:38:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I was thinking I would try to get it on one of the local music video type shows... but it contains advertising material so I don't know if it will meet broadcast standards.

But it is super cool!

Wed Jul 22, 04:11:00 pm

 
Blogger jin mused...

OH OH OH OH OH OH OH OH!!!
*jin jumps in the air & waves her hands*
I want a DVD copy tooooooooooooo!!!
*pout*

*pout pout*

*pout pout pout*

Aw crap guess I'll just wait like everyone else. Well, not just like everyone else. I'll stand here looking hawt whilst I wait. No hurry though... I can pose like this for years!
;-D

Thu Jul 23, 03:00:00 pm

 
Blogger Rita mused...

Congratulations!
Ever since I saw "Whirligig" way back when... I knew you had it in you to succeed. It's that element of professionalism that you exude(?)!

Thu Jul 23, 08:27:00 pm

 
Blogger Is it sync'd yet? mused...

THE BEST!

Screw humble.


Gnat.
.

Fri Jul 24, 06:42:00 am

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

Congratulations R man!

Wed Jul 29, 06:42:00 am

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Brilliant ... first the pain then the glory *!*

Thu Jul 30, 09:00:00 pm

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

I feel that I -- and not just me, but the whole community... would benefit from seeing this film you claim has won the hearts and minds of the abstractionists and firework-lovers alike.

Fri Jul 31, 04:07:00 am

 
Blogger A wildlife gardener mused...

Welcome back...let's see what you've been up to...here's my latest post with a little video of the garden. Come over for a visit :)

http://ourlittlecornerofparadise.blogspot.com/2009/07/softly-awakes-my-heart.html

Sat Aug 01, 07:15:00 pm

 
Blogger UBERMOUTH mused...

Congratulations, you must be very proud. Are you a director or camera man? Or both?

Sun Aug 02, 04:16:00 am

 
Blogger P mused...

La vida es esto. Prestémosle atención a los
detalles. Al calorcito humeante del pis, a sacar la basura, a viajar apretados
en colectivo. Si no disfrutamos eso, ¿qué nos queda?

Tue Aug 04, 04:12:00 pm

 
Blogger arthbard mused...

Congratulations on your delicious slice of sweet, sweet recognition.

Don't underestimate an unintentional fireworks display, though. This may actually increase the appeal of the movie.

The trick to avoiding those annoying white speckles on the picture, though, is this: Put the film away. Then whip out your bag of big movie producer blow. Never the other way around. You're welcome.

Sun Aug 09, 10:56:00 am

 
Blogger Monkey mused...

Good Golly Miss Molly! Congratulations! This is very exciting indeed. You look very officially great to be sure. Officially that is. Of course.

Sending hugs and ripe bananas,
Brown

(Beck sends his own brand of sticky jam covered love too.)

Sun Aug 23, 08:20:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home