3/06/2009

Closing the Loop Hole

So, I thought I'd found, in the 35mm Animation elective, a way of Directing my own script (the Encapsulate one) this semester but I was chatting to the School Administrator and they still haven't been able to confirm whether the elective will go ahead or not. Something to do with no-one on planet earth (at least our little part of it) being able to run the expensive and expansive rig they use to shoot the animations. They're trying to convince either a Stop-motionist or a Digital Animator to come on board and take the elective but in a different format. Although I was trepidatious about giving up the flexibility computers (After-FX) allow I was really warming to the idea of doing a traditional animation. Let's hope they pull it out of the fire... or else I may actually have to work with real actors and cameras and the like. Wouldn't that be terrible :)

Also, I have 4 of my 5 minute pitch now locked in. All I need to do is figure which minute, of the 12 minutes of material I have left over, to put in there. Oh, and practice, practice, practice...

This was my last effort to Pitch a film...

Take: 15

Anonymous Anonymous mused...

My first thought: It is arrogance to think it would not happen to us. In politics someone is always waiting to take you out.

As Aristotle said, "People of superior refinement & of active disposition(whatever that means)identify happiness with honor...for this is the end of life."

Fri Mar 06, 03:38:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I don't think it has anything to do with politics. I'm just that good at public speaking.

Fri Mar 06, 03:47:00 pm

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

:)

I am enjoying reading about your filmaking adventure!

Yeltzin, seems like a very long time ago. There are teenagers who do not know who he was. He needed a teleprompter like Obama does now.

Fri Mar 06, 04:36:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I think Yeltzin needed a tad less Vodka in his afternoon coffee. It was probably an Irish Coffee to begin with. It is a shame he's off the public stage.

Luckily he has been replaced by Nicholas Sarkozy as the resident international drunk. There has to one!

Fri Mar 06, 04:54:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

That's the problems with today's world leaders ... they all believe their script writers - Yeltzin obviously couldn't believe his.

He always brightened up the world news reports ... I miss seeing him*!*

Fri Mar 06, 09:07:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

awesome!

you speak
just like yelyzin...

(but a lot less animated)

ha ha haha ah aha ha ha aha haha aha ha ha ah hah ah haha ha aha aha hah aha ha aha haha ha ahah ha ha ha aha ha ha!

;)

Sat Mar 07, 11:34:00 am

 
Blogger Rita mused...

ACK! I don't know what I was thinking with that comment...& what the hell was that quote by Aristotle for? I must of really been in the cups.

The truth is, I've done my share of bungling speeches,etc...in public. People are merciless. They perch hopefully on the edge of their seats waiting for you to f@@k up & rub their hands together in delight when it happens. A minute is a long time to stand mute & confused before a hostile crowd, believe me!
& that whole thing about envisioning the audience in their underwear. Don't do it! It just makes things worse.

Sun Mar 08, 12:33:00 am

 
Blogger A wildlife gardener mused...

I applaud your efforts to make films. That clip was funny... :)

Sun Mar 08, 12:43:00 am

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

Nice thing about using 'toons as you don't have to worry about them embarrassing you by jumping on Oprah's couch during an interview and they work for union scale.

Sun Mar 08, 01:16:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ha! Bimbimbie, I think Yeltzin couldn't believe he was seeing two scripts in front of him.

Yeah, I have to agree that now Bush is gone there seems to be too many 'serious' world leaders. We need another Putz.

Tue Mar 10, 08:59:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

You are right /t. I do speak like Yeltzin... that is NOT awesome. It's assome.

Tue Mar 10, 09:01:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I wondered too Rita. But that's OK, I sure it was a moment of revelation for you at the time and that's what is important.

Luckily the people at our school, lecturers and students, are very supportive. We're all in the same boat.

Tue Mar 10, 09:03:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Thanks Wildlife G. When we make films there's a lot more we learn than how to tell a story. One of them unfortunately is to stand up in front of a large group of people and enjoy falling apart.

Tue Mar 10, 09:05:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Phos, dude, until this moment I was always jealous that acted films have actors to do their publicity for them... now I see the errors of my ways.

Tue Mar 10, 09:07:00 am

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

With time-sensitive information like this, I should probably just ignore my feed reader backlog...

Wed Mar 25, 10:33:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home