5/06/2009

It's in the can

But what that is... well, it isn't perfect but it certainly is a film. Here are some of the photo's from the shoot taken by a couple of our crew members.



















Heaps of fun. But still heaps of work to do. Hope everyone out there in blogland are doing well.

Take: 30

Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Well Hellooooo I was beginning to wonder where in the world your location for the shoot was and had Hollywood snapped you up ;)

I like the fact that the convict had time to appreciate the bird-life that were observing your film shoot*!*

Wed May 06, 09:57:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

Hi back at ya!

A film! Yay! Your recent work is much more exciting than mine, but I probably smell a lot better. From my work I mean.

My fave shot is the second to last. Luv the atmosphere & the blue eyes shining thru it all. Yum. Er... I mean nice pic.
;-)

Miss you tons!!!

Wed May 06, 12:22:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ha! I think we're a long way from being snapped up by Hollywood, Bimbimbie.

Yeah, Talisker the convict is very appreciative that the birds at least would keep him company.

Wed May 06, 12:52:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Jin, I can assure you that your work definitely smells better than we did by the end of shooting out in the bush.

I would have thought the 3rd last would have been your favourite, what with that sexy Producer type guy dressed up as a convict and squeezed between one of our leading men and the Director.

Wed May 06, 12:55:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Good to see your paper pile was reduced from disappearing desk size to important hand held one*!*

Wed May 06, 01:40:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Haha, that was only the amount of paperwork I could carry around the site. I had a full truck of paperwork which drove up with me... yeah, OK, that's an exaggeration. But it felt that way sometimes

Wed May 06, 01:58:00 pm

 
Blogger Shelley Noble mused...

Looks awesome!

Wed May 06, 05:54:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

What's Up , Doc ? ;)



Great work R!
nice drawing.

Thu May 07, 03:57:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

OH OH OH!
It is my fave now!!!
;-)
I was wondering! Hee!
Too bad I'm not in your neck o the woods or I'd have sent pastries for cast & crew! Do I get kudos just for the thought???

Thu May 07, 04:20:00 am

 
Blogger merlinprincesse mused...

I love those shoots! In my next life, I'm gonna be a photograph for mooovies (or maybe an opera singer or a didgeridoooo player). I especially love the left-handed guy drawing a crow. My Totem Bird! :))))

Fri May 08, 12:15:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

The production stills certainly do Shel, now if only the motion camera was that good.

Fri May 08, 11:37:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Oh nothing Ruela, just me being a wascally wabbit.

The drawings are really lovely, they're by a very good friend of mine who agreed to draw them for the film.

Fri May 08, 11:38:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Of course it's you favourite now...

Well, Jin, I have to give the kudos to the actual bakery that supplied us with cast and crew lunches and other treats. But I'll think you some kudos for your thought pastries.

Fri May 08, 11:41:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Merlinprincesse,

Maybe in your next life you should make a movie about a stills photographer who used to be a didgeridoo playing opera singer.

PS. I believe it's the head of a Magpie, and believe it or not, the actor playing that part is not actually left handed. The Director asked him to play the character that way.

Fri May 08, 11:45:00 am

 
Blogger arthbard mused...

Prisoners, eh?

If it contains your traditional Australian ballad, Jailbreak by AC/DC, I'm sold.

Sun May 10, 07:55:00 am

 
Blogger Rita mused...

What I love about this blog is that you actually do what you say you are going to do, then show us the results.

I aspire to do the same.

Observation: In the pics, everyone looks like they feel important...I think that is a good thing for a film.

Mon May 11, 01:39:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Arthbard, dude! Hope you're doing well.

Um, this movie is set in the 1800s. I'm not sure the soundtrack will fit... but hey, once it's out and about feel free to experiment with a re-mix.

PS. By 'feel free' I mean, by all means infringe our copyright... suing you may be the only money the film makes ;)

Mon May 11, 02:22:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Rita,

I know what you mean but you should be aware that these aren't actual results. These are just the Production Stills. The actual results are still being mulled over by the Director and Editor.

You know, I hadn't seen it that way before. I guess they do all look 'important'. I think it probably comes from the fact that out of 30 people/students/film-makers we really only had one individual who didn't know what their job was and had no interest in really finding out. Everyone took it seriously and gave it 100%.

Mon May 11, 02:26:00 pm

 
Blogger arthbard mused...

Well, it sounds like you've learned how the entertainment industry really works ... Except it's usually better if you're suing people who actually have money.

As for me, I'm well. Well as a bell in hotel ... I don't actually know what that means, but it rhymes. And, in the end, isn't that what really matters?

Tue May 12, 09:21:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

If I ever become a convict, I want to do it in the 19th century so I can cramp my damn hands workin the buttons.

What is the technical term to describe the white 'X' shaped arrangement?
I'm going to call it Maidenform until otherwise directed.

Also, dramatic lighting there, and the smirks look truly authentic.

So... when can I pirate this thing from the Internet?

Tue May 12, 11:44:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Oh no Arth, that's where you're wrong. It doesn't matter if you have money or not. As long as your grand children's children are paying part of the college tuition of my grand children's children then it's a win for me... wait... I don't have children.

I'm glad you rhyme Arth. Does that make sense?

Tue May 12, 04:01:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Buttons? SafeT? They didn't have buttons in the 19th Century, I believe they were referred to as Manual Attire Fastening Apparatus. Silver mafa were highly fashionable and sought after.

The white X-shaped arrangement is called 'Webbing'.

Actually talking of 19th century clothing the best thing about this film is that almost everyone in it but the lead actors is actually wearing sneakers... no-one can tell!

We were told by the head of studies that our lighting was very 'dramatic lighting'. That is short hand for 'you need to fix that in the colour-grade'.

Give it 4 or 5 months and it'll probably be up on the web.

Tue May 12, 04:09:00 pm

 
Blogger Is it sync'd yet? mused...

So dramatic that lighting!

My wife says I am over dramatic when I kick furniture in the house by mistake. Is that even close to the same?

Also, yea give us the link when it is out I want to see this.


Scott.
.

Wed May 13, 05:32:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Yeah, that's pretty close actually Gnat. When one curse and a little hopping would have sufficed and a person spends the next five minutes ranting over the incident that is being overly dramatic. Likewise, when a faint orange filter on the light and a single moonlight gel would have sufficed and you layer oranges and blues and everything in between then yes, it's 'dramatic lighting'.

Of course, I'm not saying anything against our DoP or Gaffer. They worked with what they had available to them and did an awesome job at that! It's not unusual to tone things down in a colour grade.

Wed May 13, 09:17:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

cool

nice pics
of the crew...

which one is leonardo dicaprio?

just kidding... wish you all best with the film

see you at the oscars!/t.

Thu May 14, 01:53:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

I'm always amazed when I see behind the scenes. I'm amazed actors can do their thing with all that distraction! How do they stay in character? How do they 'believe' it when there's a bloomin truck and lights and electronics and 30 people for every one person on set?!?!
It just adds to the magic I guess.

Fri May 15, 10:32:00 pm

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

Hope you post a trailer!

Sat May 16, 12:50:00 am

 
Blogger A wildlife gardener mused...

Well this looks exciting...can't wait to hear more about it :)

Sat May 23, 08:14:00 pm

 
Blogger Ruela mused...

Strange Space ;))))

LOL!

Tue May 26, 04:49:00 am

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

How's the film coming? Hope we can get a sneak peak!!

Mon Jun 01, 08:02:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home