8/11/2006

Weekend wanderings

Following on from forests, flying things and bubbles; I was wandering the blogs as I'm want to do on a friday afternoon and at the behest of a far too infrequent blogger (whose characters remind me a little of my favourite childrens book author and illustrator *Space Monkey and Mr Lunch Rule!*) I came across some of Mary Blairs work with forests, flying things and bubbles.


Purty!

I hadn't seen Mary Blair's Little Verses before (lucky to those who had it read to them in childhood) but the simplicity and innocence of the design work she did as part of the team on Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan (shhh, I know it's Disney) is completely timeless. *sigh* better times! What?? Nah, we have 3D to play with these days. Be nice to see some more good scripts coming out rather than the trash we're experiencing at the moment.

I've been enjoying a lot of the illustrators out there in blog land lately. There's a lot of brilliant styles. Some are simply stunning in their originality, who wouldn't want their book illustrated by people like that?! Others are bizarre and gently confronting. And then there's the talented, often funny and always Aussie bastard abroad creating some of the best free-flowing cartoons I've seen out of Tasmania (Ha! OK, I can probably extend that to Oz). It's all good and worth a wander through if you're into pics.

Unfortunately the closest I ever got to being an illustrator was this...













Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Take: 11

Blogger Bathroom Hippo mused...


Ewwwwwieeee

Fri Aug 11, 08:21:00 pm

 
Blogger Jane mused...

Wonderful!!!! :)

Rich - you are so cute and I mean that in the best sense of the word, basically I pretty much adore you.

Fri Aug 11, 10:35:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

glad to see you're embracing your "inner child"! :)

Sat Aug 12, 12:08:00 am

 
Blogger Lil Mizfit mused...

ur illustration were...er...very interesting!

Mon Aug 14, 04:12:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

I like Billy, even if he is decomposing and dumb. (usually, gangrenous folks not withstanding, most decomposing people are dumb).

Mon Aug 14, 12:33:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

And you couldn't get funding???

Mon Aug 14, 09:41:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

What's up? Are you in jail? A straight-jacket? Detox center?

Thu Aug 17, 03:06:00 am

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

I'm surprised Sesame Street didn't just snap you up.

Thu Aug 17, 10:23:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hey everyone,

I'm sure I'll address your comments eventually...

Oh, and whose to say Sesame Street didn't snap me up! Where do you think all the gay innuendo between Bert and Ernie came from?

Fri Aug 18, 02:06:00 pm

 
Blogger Wendy mused...

I tried to post a hundred days ago about how much I LOVE libeluria. Beautiful and thought provoking. Incedible.

Tue Aug 22, 03:57:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

That's freak'n cooooool Wendy. I really love this one.

If you like libeluria you may also like NSEW. They're quite different but they're equally beautiful in the textures they create.

Tue Aug 22, 12:07:00 pm

 

<< Home