6/13/2006

3-1

Goal, Goal, Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!

It's nice to be back.

Take: 9

Blogger Ticharu mused...

I scored tonight too!

Tue Jun 13, 01:32:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Tich,

Everyone should hold their loved ones a little closer tonight. Especially those who scored, or those who thought they scored and then realised they hadn't really but were just getting lucky in that the important people thought they had. And for those who didn't score, we should hold them the tightest because they put forth their most valiant efforts.

Speaking of valiant Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi deserves special mention, holding out for 84 minutes was simply awe inspiring. No shame, no shame at all on his part for finally conceding!

Tue Jun 13, 01:53:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

I've always wondered about men & sports. & what the fascination is. My conclusion is this is where you guys work out your emotions. Am I close?
& the reference to sex & scoring is no accident, either, I think.

Just call me Mrs. Freud. :)

Wed Jun 14, 02:45:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Squid, your American flag underwear is showing! Shhh!

I'm if you were in the right atmosphere and lent your considerable imagination to the task you'd get it just fine.

Wed Jun 14, 11:56:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Yes, yes l>t

Men only like sport because of some deep seated sexual connotation.

In fact, with Brazil slipping one into the Croatians 'netting' it leaves Australia on top of it's group. I'm sure that Brazil will reverse that position shortly but you never know, you can't keep a good Aussie down.

I have little problem working my emotions out. And there's just as many women fans as there are male fans in a lot of sports. It's just sad that American ntional sports are so boring. Baseball!? How drunk do you have to be to sit through a game of Baseball?!

Wed Jun 14, 12:04:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

well i have to agree, baseball is boring.

I used to like to watch boxing & horseracing, anything you could bet on when i was a bartender for a few years. boxing was a favorite, tho. & I got into the bloodthirsty sport of cockfighting for a while(for real). It had to do with this boyfriend I had.

Wed Jun 14, 12:50:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

I know cockfighting is really awful.
I had the chance to see it recently & it made me sick, literally. But when I was younger, I has no such conscience about it. I can't explain myself.

Wed Jun 14, 06:10:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

Golf! now that's freaking boring. Unless It's on Caddy Shack, then it's OK.
I like a little Bill Murrey with my golf.

Thu Jun 15, 03:22:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Yeah, I think everyone agrees that sports are pathetic... except soccer, but I only say that cause I used to play at a fairly high level. Playing was a form of Zen for me. Then I smashed all the bones in my right big toe during an off season indoor tournament, so now I console myself by watching the World Cup once every four years.

And really, who can't appreciate wanting to watch the best of 'anything/one' in the world if it only happens every four years. Not to mention this is Australia's first appearance in 32 years.

PS. Good luck with the Move (captial M) and tell Cricket to look after Murp! He's not that bright you know, he may get into trouble around all those heavy boxes.

Thu Jun 15, 09:41:00 am

 

<< Home