7/26/2006

You wanted it! Some of you anyway.

Yesterday, usually my day for working on my projects, I was doing another bazillion frames of 'cut-paste-colour-place' (which is much more fun than it sounds) but during lunch I decided to play around with an illustration I did of the mechanical exploding badger. I really got into mucking around with the little fellow. After a couple of hours I managed to put together 20seconds of exploding mechanical badger goodness.

I think everyone here knows our good friend Gyrobo from Roboshrub Inc, as per Ticheru's request I've cheekily cameoed our favourite Robot. I'm sure I've broken several intergalatic laws by doing so but I swear I was under the effects of a mind control drug administered to me by a Roboshrub competitors. They were really quite good but as I found out the hard way shouldn't be mixed with high levels of electro-magnetic radiation. Although the extra hands ARE coming in, well, handy.

Hope you enjoy the Exploding Mechanical Badger.

free video hosting
Free Video Hosting


Take: 50

Blogger Bathroom Hippo mused...



Heh...

Nice job!

Thu Jul 27, 09:32:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Thanks Bathroom Hippo! uh-erm, sorry, something was caught in my throat. I meant, thanks Bathroom Hippo!

Thu Jul 27, 09:54:00 am

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

That's the greatest thing ever! I'm sure Roboshrub would agree with me. Had a little trouble viewing it at first, but after I installed Windows Media Player 11, crystal clarity.

How did you know which logo to use? There are about 70 of 'em. But that was the original (and therefore the best).

Genius! No- this merits two exclamation marks. Genius!! Hmmm... that gives me an idea for a new product...

Thu Jul 27, 11:59:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

*whew* I'm relieved! It's a touchy thing using other peoples work without permission. Yes, I hate vidilife and it's quirks. I must start hosting myself or something.

I just used the one under 'credits', I figured if it was there it'd be the one you robots loved the most.

It was a lot of fun to make. Yes, even down to the little piano ditty at the end. A couple of hours for a little film as opposed to a couple of months was the breathe of fresh air I needed yesterday. I'm most pleased that you enjoyed it. Probably almost as much as I enjoy the stories at Roboshrub Inc.

Thu Jul 27, 12:14:00 pm

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

I'm so glad I added that credits feature last week. And that ditty at the end was the icing on the cake.

Thu Jul 27, 12:47:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I don't remember there being a cake?! It's not your Birthday is it? Gosh, and me without a present. Is my face red, wait, do robots even have birthdays? I mean, I can imagine there'd some sort of celebration to commemorate a BIOS update but it doesn't really strike me as a birthing thing. You're just trying to get cake under false pretences!

Yeah, I thought the light innocent sounding tune really fitted in with the casual re-arrangment of continental plates.

Thu Jul 27, 01:13:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

Real cute. short but cute.

Thu Jul 27, 02:15:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Tee Hee, yes very short, one frame short of 20 seconds in fact, would you believe it's advert length!?

It's fairly hard to do anything grander in a couple of hours. Took about an hour to clean up my rough sketch, build the inside of the badger, and remove Australia from the globe; and then another hour to animate and put sound on it. I'm glad I did it though, I kept looking at the badger rough drawing and thinking how cute he'd look all cleaned up and coloured. He works fairly well.

Thu Jul 27, 02:39:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

That's alot of work for 20 seconds. kinda like sex sometimes. Prob. almost as satifying.
well crap. it's midnight at the oasis time to put the camel to bed.

good night

Thu Jul 27, 05:05:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Nah, it's not a lot of work at all. Most animated films are made at a rate of about 2-4secs a day. 20 seconds in two hours is flying. But then there's practically no actual animation in the Badger, just stills laid over each other. Makes for an easy time of it. Now making the badger to a 360 degree turn, that would be a lot of work.

Fri Jul 28, 09:28:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

Nice! Australia was getting old anyway. I wonder how the weather patterns will be affected now that you've destroyed it?
Can you take out Guatamala? I'm sick of that place too.

Fri Jul 28, 10:30:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Well, with Oz gone the Roaring Forties wont be dissapated by land mass. As they pass tiny little New Zealand it will become an iceberg helping to cool the rising global temperatures.

In turn as the now frigid water laden winds blow up and across South America you'll see a countering of the El Nino effect and precipitation in that region will return to the levels of fifty years ago hence saving the drought ravaged Amazon Basin.

This renewed growth will not only make for a sustainable logging industry but cut carbon dioxide levels around the world and oxygenation levels will return to normal.

Basically, blowing up Australia with a giant exploding mechanical badger was the only thing we could do to save the world from a slow destruction. Sure world Cricket standards will drop and you'll have to rely on the Belgians for good beer but it's a worthy sacrifice.

Guatamala, I hate Guatamala, always looking at me cock-eyed! Yeah, let's take out Guatamala. Although it'll adversely effect the rotation of the world unless we use a giant exploding long-footed poteroo.

Fri Jul 28, 11:04:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

I happen to have a giant exploding long-footed poteroo in my trousers but I may need it later this weekend... *wink wink*

Fri Jul 28, 11:18:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

You going unleash that baby on 'Guatamala' over the weekend? Heh? On 'Guatamala'! Know what I mean? *wink wink nudge nudge* On 'Guatamala'!

By 'Guatamala' I'm trying to imply a vagina. You know. Just in case I was being to subtle. Cause there's no real connection between 'Guatamala' and a vagina at all. And I just thought I'd try and imply 'Guatamala' was somehow a anatomical part of the female body. Not that 'Guatamala' is full of pussies or anything. No. I'm sure they're a real nice bunch of people. So that's not what I was trying to imply. I was just trying to keep up with the inuendo. Because that's funny. Or should I say was funny until I started typing this. Now it's just a little sad. What was my point?

Fri Jul 28, 11:34:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

I just sent u an eeeee-mail

Fri Jul 28, 11:39:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hang-on!

Fri Jul 28, 11:42:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I just sent U an eeeee-mail

Fri Jul 28, 11:53:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

todays commetns r fueld by spiced rumm

Fri Jul 28, 11:56:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Mmmm... Spiced Rum! Personally I prefer Mr Bubbly's Nasty Ass Non-intoxicant! Helping sober people get laid since 1981.

Fri Jul 28, 12:14:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

K?

Fri Jul 28, 12:43:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Sorry, that's something I made up once. I was trying to work out how to make bubbles look like they were behind glass and that was the product I invented to do the test. I'll have to see if I still have the animation of it.

Fri Jul 28, 01:00:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

rich; O.K. I'm getting the picture.(or pictures) interesting.

Fri Jul 28, 03:27:00 pm

 
Blogger pal mused...

The farmers around here would love your animation :-)

Fri Jul 28, 07:03:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Without Australia any more, where will I get my Paul Hogan fix? No chance now of there ever being "Crocodile Dundee III".

Stupid badger. Why couldn't the badger have taken out New Zealand? That's where hobbits come from. Well, hobbits and pooves...

Fri Jul 28, 10:15:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php

ENJOY! Paybacks are icky!

Sat Jul 29, 02:56:00 pm

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

I think I'd miss the kangaroos; they're the best boxers, you know.

Sun Jul 30, 02:10:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

I wanted the mechanical badger to survive! Wah!
*sniff* but that sure was a pretty splozhun.

Roboshrub should be proud of another fine product.

Sun Jul 30, 01:02:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Yes l>t,

Like sex, once you start to understand it, it gets a lot more interesting.

Mon Jul 31, 09:13:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hey Pal - Ta for dropping bye.

So I take it your local farmers aren’t ‘Wind in the Willows’ fans?!

Mon Jul 31, 09:15:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I don't want to burst your bubble there Squideoo but that already happened. Didn't notice? Don't!

Are pooves some sort of sheep? Or did you mean Poofs. None-one really believes that all Kiwi's are Poofs. It's just a little trans-tasman rivalry. They say the same about us. Stupid sheep fuckers, I wish they'd just shut-up.

Now that I know that's a payback, I'm not listening to it. Jokes on you. Hahahahahahaaaaaa erm.

Mon Jul 31, 09:20:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Gyrobo,

You didn't strike me as someone who'd get a kick out of boxing. Strike! Kick! Boxing! More of a pitty than witty. Oh well, at least we eat the Kangaroos that don't make it onto the professional heavy weight circuit.

“Love the curly quotes” - Rich

Mon Jul 31, 09:24:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Welcome Gentleman-Hobbs

Flattered you approve.

Just remember that with the harnassing of technology comes a great, great wasting of time and silliness.

Mon Jul 31, 09:27:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

The badger survived. As per Roboshrub specifications the explosion caused the badger remains to enter orbit shortly after ignition. The giant mechnical exploding badger will be re-fitted with a new super structure, vending machines, and a thermo-nuclear colon.

Splozhun?

I think Roboshrub is a little concerned by the lack of orders. Iran seem interested in using a giant mechnical non-exploding badger for local power generation but we'll need another 40 billon dollars in development grants to effect the non-explosiveness and to make it earthquake proof.

Mon Jul 31, 09:40:00 am

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

I only enjoy boxing that involves large semi-intelligent animals and/or robots.

Dolphins don't count, as they're dreamers, not fighters.

Mon Jul 31, 01:15:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

I enjoy being the box...

Mon Jul 31, 01:38:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

Hey! that was my line.

Mon Jul 31, 02:54:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Gyrobo, anything that can't box should be eaten. Especially dreamers!

Mon Jul 31, 03:26:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Yes Tich, but unfortunately someone put you 'This Way Up' sticker around the wrong way.

Mon Jul 31, 03:28:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

l>t, Was it?

Mon Jul 31, 03:29:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

I can't see the video, but I'm sure it's fascinating!

Tue Aug 01, 12:59:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hey JLee

Fascinating may be a little strong, Goofy may be more apt. It's vidilfe, they keep changing stuff on their site making it hard for people to watch the streaming video. I think if you upgrade to Windows Media Player 11 you'll be able to see it.

...and just between you me and anyone else reading these comments, I have a hidden sitemeter on this here blog'n. There are particular unwanted lurkers hanging around. Just so you know. You're more than welcome though.

Tue Aug 01, 09:01:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

That was me, I'm dyslexlic.

Tue Aug 01, 11:11:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

It appears to be working for you. Keep up the good work.

Tue Aug 01, 11:32:00 am

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

Why are you worried about unwanted lurkers? What does that mean, exactly?
It's sounds so sinister.

Tue Aug 01, 11:39:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I'm not worried l>t

I'm just being polite in letting JLee know so that she's able make the decision to comment here or not.

Certainly not sinister, but there are a number of loons on the Internet we'd prefer not to deal with. You for instance! Hehehehe Just kidding! You're always welcome here.

Tue Aug 01, 12:38:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

I'm a loon? ha ha. I'm a loon, that's rich, rich. you are never getting rid of me now.

Tue Aug 01, 03:22:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Oh dear, not again...

Tue Aug 01, 04:00:00 pm

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

By that logic Kangaroos are not to be eaten, though I had always considered it appropriate under certain circumstances.

Wed Aug 02, 12:15:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hey SafeT

I said anything that can't box should be eaten. Similarly anything that can box should be eaten second.

Wed Aug 02, 11:42:00 am

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

Do you guys have some obssesion with boxes? for crying out loud.

Wed Aug 02, 01:52:00 pm

 

<< Home