10/11/2006

B-Hip in Oz

Peter Potamus, the world famous and now globe trotting flash animator, suggested I should make a video where everyone dies at the end. Well, I've been wanting to do a another short for this place. So I have, but I couldn't resolve to kill all the characters. Just B-Hip.

Enjoy B-Hip in Oz.

Free Video Hosting

Take: 31

Blogger Bathroom Hippo mused...



That was....AWESOME!

You gotta do more like those!

Wed Oct 11, 03:07:00 pm

 
Blogger Bathroom Hippo mused...


The mumbling...

Hilarious!

Wed Oct 11, 03:08:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Excellent. Super Glad you enjoyed it! It was really fun to produce, only took a few of hours. I'm definitely going to do more.

I'm hating the video quality though... stupid, stupid, stupid vidilife. I'm going to change hosts.

Wed Oct 11, 03:12:00 pm

 
Blogger jin mused...

*jin says*
Heeheeheeee!!!
:-D

*Beavis & Butthead say*
FIRE!!
FIRE!!
Heh heheh heh heheh...
FIRE!!
FIRE!!

Wed Oct 11, 04:54:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

Cranky!

Wed Oct 11, 10:55:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

Ha ha funny! Does he rise out of the ashes like a Phoenix?

Thu Oct 12, 12:20:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

I loved it!
As to vidilife, I use them too. they seem to be the only ones that can preserve the sound on the videos I make with my phone.
As for quality, hey, they're only cell phone vids. No real quality to speak of.
Why you no use YouTUBE?

Thu Oct 12, 02:21:00 am

 
Blogger Bathroom Hippo mused...


After every movie I make I find twenty ways to make the next one easier and better.

Probably same with you?

Thu Oct 12, 05:42:00 am

 
Blogger Monkey mused...

Oh my merciful heavens! A self immolating bathroom hippo? I feel like I was there. I laughed, I cried.

Thank you Rich.

Thu Oct 12, 08:35:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Heh heheh heh heheh...
Jin
Heh heheh
JIN
Heh heheh heh heheh...

Thu Oct 12, 09:06:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Are you Tich? I'm sorry, next time I'll include a floating head if it will make you feel better.

Thu Oct 12, 09:08:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

No l>t, he will rise like a hippo wearing an explorers hat. Ungracefully but with much determination and indignation.

Thu Oct 12, 09:09:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

SafeT, what ISN'T there to love about 'Steve' encountering B-Hip. Well, besides the shoddy film quality and the even shoddier 'special effects'. Man that controlled burn took hours to set up, I pretty much spent my whole budget on SFX and safety crew. Where was you team BTW, that fire took hold and burnt down a local orphanage. Sure, I actually made sure the orphanage caught fire but your SafeT crew should have been there to stop me.

To YouTUBE or not to YouTUBE, that is the question. They have some odd looking things in their conditions about distribution. I didn't like the look of it for my more commercial endeavours.

Thu Oct 12, 09:16:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

B-Hip, Yeah, it's a definite process you go through when doing animation. The sheer amount of time spent producing animation will always make you look for shorter and easier ways to do things.

My only advice is that doing things faster isn't always better. Sometimes you just need to spend as long as it takes to get the results you want.

The Mill, which I'm still tinkering with, is a prime example. No use rushing it because the slow road is producing some marvelous results.

Thu Oct 12, 09:21:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

No, Thankyou Monkey! My pleasure is knowing people and simians and cartoon hippos and robots and, and, crikey, there's a weird bunch in here, anyway, it's great knowing you all enjoy it.

Thu Oct 12, 09:26:00 am

 
Blogger arthbard mused...

Nice! I like the special effects. I hope no real hippos were harmed during filming.

Thu Oct 12, 10:47:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Bard of Arth! Awfully nice of you to drop in, any friend of SafeT's...

Welcome and thankyou.

I used to work on the lot with a company called Applied Explosives Technology. I once got to see a beautifully constructed 15 foot high glass building exploded into a billion pieces. Some shoe ad for asia. I think I got pretty close to that sort of professional SFX... um... OK, maybe not... it was fun though.

I actually killed at least 2 dozen hippos during the making of this film. I only burnt one paper one but the live ones were looking at me cock-eyed. They had to go.

Thu Oct 12, 11:50:00 am

 
Blogger Bathroom Hippo mused...


WHAT?!?

Ah..they probably weren't related.

Thu Oct 12, 12:53:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I don't know B-Hip. One of them kept saying that he was the uncle of the Star. At the time I thought it was rediculous to think that Steve's uncle was a Hippo. But now I see I may have made a mistake, he could have meant you. If it helps, he died honourably, no crying or anything, well, until I put him on the BBQ. Mmmmm, purple hippo steaks, Mmmmmm.

Thu Oct 12, 01:08:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

hahaha...I like the yelping as he burned alive part especially. Boy, those hippos are flammable! He went up like a grass fire.

Fri Oct 13, 02:26:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hey JLee, the yelping! Next time I'll try and get people to do their own characters. B-Hip does B-Hip much better than I do.

They are flammable aren't they!

It's why he was laying on the ground actually. I wanted to have him against a 'bush' backdrop but it was too windy to keep the fire safely where it should be. We've been smelling bushfires all week in Sydney. I wasn't going to be responsible for starting one.

B-Hip himself had a cotton wadding back that was impregnated with an oil that I know burns yellow on camera. That's why he burned so consistently.

Fri Oct 13, 08:52:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

No, that's not what I meant, I was trying to be hip in the down under speak, like dude. Can I really be in yer next film? And provide the music? And write the script? And do the cinnamon-tography? And be in charge of casting and wardrobe and all like that? Can I can I???
No, on second thought, I'd better leave that to the professionalis!

Fri Oct 13, 10:11:00 am

 
Blogger arthbard mused...

"... the live ones were looking at me cock-eyed."

Ah, well, they were pretty much asking for it, then.

Fri Oct 13, 10:29:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Tich! I think that sounds like a great idea. You make the films and I'll just put my names on them. This is going to be soooo easy from now on. I'm sending you my Production Camera in the post.

Waiit, cinnamon-tography... what the hell! If you put Cinnamon in my camera.... I'm going to... to angry... to speak... getting Cranky... turning green... Rarrrrr....

Tich hah rooooooo.

Tetsuooooooo

Tich hah rooooooo.

Tetsuooooooo

20 minutes later...

Tich hah rooooooo.

Tetsuooooooo

Tich hah rooooooo.

Tetsuooooooo

3 hours later...

Gawd, I really didn't understand the end of that Akira film.

Fri Oct 13, 10:48:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Arth, Naaaaaah! I'm just a mean son of bitch when I drink paint.

PETA are so pissed right now. They like it that way.

Fri Oct 13, 10:50:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

Ha! Along the same lines, read my comment on your comment on 'Legs'

Fri Oct 13, 10:58:00 am

 
Blogger Arcturus mused...

Hey Rich,

I can't seem to play that clip ... it's probably the PC's in the school computer lab I'm using.

Re. the posting by J_G over on L>T's blog, why do people make silly arguments like that so easily demolishable?

Fri Oct 13, 11:07:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hahaha! We're idiots! Or are we?

You really need a Camera don't you?! Let me talk to my Prod co-ordinator. I might be able to arrange a loaner or something. You don't often 'break' cameras do you?

Fri Oct 13, 11:20:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Arcturus, dude, I dont debate with people. It's pointless. I much prefer to make an off-hand comment and leave them to their idiosyncrases. As to why people make silly arguments that are easily demolishable, it's called lack of education and too much time.

Yeah, the 'puters are probably missing some sort of flash plug-in. Don't worry about it. It's just Bathroom Hippo being burnt to death.

Fri Oct 13, 11:27:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

I wish I remembered my damn password.
Whence to microwave the popcorn, eh?

Sat Oct 14, 04:18:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

TETSUO! What's not to understand? Akira is a power in all of us! In all of us! In all of us! In all of us! In all of us! In all of us!
===================================

I am still perplexed as to end of the filme. Where's the sting ray? Or is that part of the implied death of all characters? Oh merciful heavens...

Sun Oct 15, 05:16:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home