3/20/2008

It's the Easter film!



I'm such a Liar...

Fun though, ain't it! Even with my Germanic roots I've never really understood it though, that and Maypole Dancing. Let's dance around a pole holding ribbons. The first people to do that must have picked the wrong mushrooms in the forest that week... and had some spare ribbons laying around.

Although I do have to say that in the early 80's our national broadcaster had a programme filler (something they seemed to play every time there was a break in the predominantly British supplied programming) set in the verdent outdoors with a group of young people in white dress dancing around a Maypole to the tune of some Irish Folk tune that I can play on the flute but can't remember the name of... Come to think of it the dancers may have been all girls actually, which would make it quite pervy really. But that may be wrong, I don't remember for sure, it was before I noticed these things. What is the name of that tune... it goes like...

dah doooooooooo
dah doo dah doo
dah daah daaaam
dum, dum, dah dah,
dah-dah, dah-dah, daaaam...
wait, right, you can't hear that... damn, the video isn't on the greater world wide web either, doh, I guess I'll have to play in on my flute sometime for you.

Anyway, I used to love that little programme. The ABC should play that type of thing these days, hmmmm, it'd be kind of fun to do a recreation of that piece next time they have a significant anniversary. I can just imagine pitching that... the song goes something like... dah doooooo, and that's where they'd cut me off.


This is why people shouldn't live in the past - look at those haircuts.

That's enough random dribbling from me. Hopefully I should have the film up by Sunday. There's still a lot to do on it and I have a lot of other things going on that are distracting from it. But it should be done by Sunday (my time). Hopefully.

Take: 22

Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

First, I hate you. I was SOOOO excited that you put the video up, and even more excited to see that the video would have dancers in it.

Second, you do know the maypole is a pagan ritual, and probably phallic, right? I have held a ribbon on a number of maypoles as a child, which explains perfectly the way I turned out, doesn't it?

Thu Mar 20, 05:39:00 pm

 
Blogger Rita mused...

Definitely something Freudian about that maypole dance. Although those German fellows look rather masculine their shorts are gay.

Thu Mar 20, 09:14:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

so which one is you in the video?

Fri Mar 21, 02:19:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

I'll go with the licked down haircuts and Maypole over the bum kicking shorts and braces *!*

Fri Mar 21, 07:53:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Is it still Sunday... Ah, no. Well, maybe it is in the States. But there's no video here. Doh.

I decided to cook my family and friends Easter lunch rather than spend all day on the video finishing it. Oh well.

What do people think? Should I still put it up when it's finished or should I save it until next year?

Mon Mar 24, 12:46:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

We all want to see it, so post it for a week, so your devoted fans can see it, then take it down, and re-debut it next year :)

Mon Mar 24, 03:14:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Oh, and happy easter!!!!

Mon Mar 24, 03:14:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Waiting a few days is better then a whole year *!*

Mon Mar 24, 05:28:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

I didn't watch the film... maypole eh??? I'm skeptical... I think we're in deep water here my friend...

Tue Mar 25, 06:19:00 am

 
Blogger Is it sync'd yet? mused...

Are you getting your friend removed?


Come back to the living your starting to worry me.


Gnat.
.

Thu Mar 27, 02:56:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Sorry, now, where was I...

Thu Mar 27, 02:05:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Diana, I hate you more! You don't even allow comments.

Secondly... You've danced around Maypoles? Really? what an exotic, interesting, perverted past you have.

Thu Mar 27, 02:07:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

L>t, I can't imagine what is gay about leather shorts... oh wait, I used to live on one of the streets just off Sydney's gay and lesbian mardi-gras. The next day was always a parade of hung-over men dragging themselves past in buttless leather pants. I guess that's what is gay about them.

Thu Mar 27, 02:10:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

JLee, I'm the one with the hat.

Thu Mar 27, 02:10:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Bimbimbie, I shouldn't be surprised should I?! The only thing the German thing has going for it is that it usually involves Steins.

Thu Mar 27, 02:12:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Diana,

Nah, once it's up... it's up. I couldn't be bothered taking it down again.

I'll probably get around to posting it for Australia Day, that's only a few years way if you didn't know.

Thu Mar 27, 02:14:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Oh and happy chocolate eggness to you too!

Thu Mar 27, 02:14:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Bimbimbie, You're right, I don't think my film could stand up to that kind of build up. People would expect it to be a masterpiece after a year's wait. And then they'd be totally disappointed... hmmm... that could be fun... disappointing everyone! Bwahahahahaa... errr... ummm... yeaah, it'll be up soon.

Thu Mar 27, 02:16:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Skeptical??

Don't play coy with me Tichers. I know all about you and those forest frolics around the may pole. Filthy hippy!

Hope you had a good Easter mate.

Thu Mar 27, 02:18:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Gnat! Pfft! I'm starting to worry you? Gosh, I've been worrying myself ever since I started blogging. You should be relieved I've stopped... if only...

Thu Mar 27, 02:19:00 pm

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

maypoles make me feel dirty. Really dirty.

Thu Apr 03, 12:44:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

SafeT... here... let me wash you!

Tue Apr 08, 11:23:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home