2/27/2008

Sewing

Sorry about the delay... My op is now officially re-scheduled until April. Oh well, six more weeks of putting up with 'Evil Richard'. Hopefully he wont be too consuming over that time. He really can be a pain some days!

But that's alright, I spent the time constructively. Learning how to sew. It really is a lot of fun... yuh, I know, like, totally gay! The cat is my first attempt at sewing, he's a hand puppet complete with inner sleeve to put one's hand (although the cat IS a little tight fitting - giggle! So very wrong) He's made from an old bed-spread and the face is a inter-changeable latex insert which was made with a similar process to Vlzerdko and Brun.

The bunny is Mooncar's first attempt to sew a puppet. Pretty cool huh! I made the face, which halved the production time... even cooler! Did you know you can bake brushing latex in a plaster mold at low temperatures (70 degrees Celsius) to reduce the curing time to a tenth of the time it usually takes? Me neither... I do now. How awesome is that for thick pieces of brushed latex... And as you know it too, pass it on. The rabbits face is about an inch thick in the nose part and it took about 5 hours in the oven to set. It usually wouldn't have set for about 5 days, or potentially ever, maintaining a sloppy inner core! Experimentation rocks!



If the rumour mill is to be believed, Bunny, a rod and stick puppet, will co-star in this years Easter film along with Vlzerdko and Brun. Hence the cool de-saturated look of the photo. It is meant to be some 3rd world eastern block country... their cameras wouldn't be as good as mine :) Anyway, it's something to keep me interested while waiting for the head thingy to resolve itself. No I haven't forgotten that I'm working on the Sprites, the Easter film this year's really an attempt to work out some of my ongoing production issues with the Sprites material. Maybe I should just pitch to the AB friggin C, they're apparently short of content at the moment, and let them bring people into the project who can fix those issues for me.

Hurumph, then I'd have to give up ancillary rights... maybe it's worth it just to get stuff produced properly... who know's? It's such a confusing business!

Take: 16

Anonymous Anonymous mused...

My what long feet your bunny has...

Oh wait, those are the control wires. A web site I saw a while back recommended using brazing wire (found at a welding shoppe) for the controls. They can be painted flat black to virtually disappear. I guess you could also blue them...
Anyway, the rods "are strong enough for the most animated puppet shows without becoming cumbersome".

I'm not sure what all that means, but the brazing rods are stronger than the 22 gauge wire I had used prior.

(I agree. In the next version of Bark, the mum will play a more prominent role as she will...
I realized when writing this storyline what my book was supposed to be. The direction it took is more of the prequel. This is actually the start of the main story. Bark's mother cannot get over the loss of Bark so she...

TO BE CONTINUED???)

Wed Feb 27, 02:12:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Squid, you suck! Just write me the END OF THE STORY... I guess I waited this long, what's another 12 years until you're finished!

Brazing rods, thanks dude, I was just wonder what the exact type of rods they were this morning. Ta for the answer.

Wed Feb 27, 03:09:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

I want that bunny SOOOO bad! Sell them!!! :)

Wed Feb 27, 04:01:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

How much would you pay?

Wed Feb 27, 04:15:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

AKA handmaiden AKA L>T

OMG, potential pirate guy! I am impressed with the sewing efforts. if you were politically active & about 10 years older, you'd be perfect!!!

Thu Feb 28, 02:10:00 am

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

Despite the fact that I have no idea what you look like, the idea of you sewing is totally hot.

Thu Feb 28, 08:58:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Well L>t, unfortunately I'm not 10 years older. And politics is for muppets, well, not really, I did work for our parliament for a number of years. I'm just not interested in making speeches. Outside of film that is :)

The sewing is kind of cool. Not bad for a first effort. For the cat I just drew a rough shape on the material and started sewing. He's quite good considering. The bunny we actually went to the trouble of designing and making a pattern. He still has his issues but once again, first time sewing on Mooncar's part. Excellent I say!

Thu Feb 28, 09:18:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Brooke, well duh!

I am like the most non-gay hot sexy ass muscle rippling smouldering looks sewing Man you'll ever imagine.

The imagination is good like that!

Thu Feb 28, 09:20:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Well, I would pay $25 American dollars, which isn't much, but it's what I can afford since my money was stolen and the American dollar is down the tubes.

I also would like it as a stuffed animal, not puppet.

Thu Feb 28, 10:01:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Someone stole your money? Tell me where they are Diana and I'll set the rabbit on them! Unless you're talking about the African incident and then in that case the rabbit will have no authority... those 3rd world African nations are a law unto themselves.

That's a shame though... because the rabbit only comes as a puppet and it costs 14 million dollars because the American dollar is down the tubes... plus postage and handling of course. Hmmm, $25 you say... Hmmm...

Thu Feb 28, 11:23:00 am

 
Blogger Is it sync'd yet? mused...

Dude that rabbit looks like he is about to kick my ass.

BAD ASS HARE!


Gnat.
.

Fri Feb 29, 07:08:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Gnat, he's totally gunning for you! You just wait, man, that's going to be the last thing you ever see... BAD ASS HARE! ... Personally I think all ass hair is bad but you know...

The best thing about this critter is that his face is inter-changeable. I could for instance make him go from this inscrutable expression to sad, or happy or really worried with a few changes to the face. Kind of like the way they do in Stop-motion.

How that's going to work with edited live-action puppets? We'll see, I guess!

Fri Feb 29, 09:03:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

You could sell it for more than that, in fact, higher prices make hip assholes want things more, I am just saying $25 is what I could pay (I am a cheapskate BTW)

14 million dollars, hmmmmm. Could we do trades? What skills do I have...hmmmmmm, uh, I could sing showtunes while washing your dishes...or carry trays of beverages through narrow spaces while the ground shakes...or bake you uniquely shaped cakes...what do you say? If I did each of these things once a day, I would be paid off in 250,000 days!

Fri Feb 29, 01:39:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I completely understand but I like the idea of making customers (which is what we prefer to call hip assholes) paying lots of money for a plush toy. Could easily do it as a plush toy for $25 if they weren't hand made. Hand sewing stuff the part around the face and ears takes ages.

"carry trays of beverages through narrow spaces while the ground shakes" ... that's quite a skill! Now if only I had the money to afford my own piece of shaky ground.

Mon Mar 03, 09:47:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Oh yeah, I forgot...it's only hipster assholes who can afford nice things that arent mass produced in China by 11 year olds

Mon Mar 03, 03:39:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Quite a world aint it!

Tue Mar 04, 08:33:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home