2/18/2008

Watchabeandoon?

So, what have you been doing?

I've been doing the usual stuff. Watching the Cricket. Setting up a bird cage for the arrival of our new budgie in a couple of weeks. Making Choc-mint slice. Learning how to use a sewing machine. Playing with the Sprites characters. You know, the usual stuff!

Actually talking of slice and sewing, this will be the post before the big slice and dice. A couple of days from now I'll be officially tumour free. Yay for that! Not so 'yay' for hanging around hospital for 5 days while the Frankenstein style facial reconstructive patchwork settles into place. Or the 3 weeks after that I'll be hanging around at home getting used to my new look head. I'll certainly be checking in here for the next couple of days but after Thursday (my time - Friday your time) who knows when I'll make it back to the web.

In the mean time here's another one of the minor characters in the Sprites. Her name is Wattle. You may need to search amongst the flowers with your mouse to find her.



Stay cool, one and all!


UPDATE: My surgery has been cancelled. Not sure when it'll happen now. Doh!

Oh well, pass on all your good wishes to the poor guy with face and mouth cancer who took operation time-slot. I saw this guy on Friday last during my pre-op clinic... when you see a guy who's a little dead in the eyes and his nose and cheeks are completely burnt by chemotheraphy... well, makes you appreciate just how good a beign tumour can be. Hope that guy does well tomorrow!

Take: 21

Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Boys who sew are hot

Mon Feb 18, 01:48:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

wattle is very cute.
Good luck with the surgery. I'm sure your new look will be very dashing! I'm imagining one of those sexy pirate guys.

Mon Feb 18, 01:56:00 pm

 
Blogger Shelley Noble mused...

I saw her! Cool fun!

Hey, Rich, best of health and luck for the fabulous modern medical saving grace. Sending you good thoughts for happy and healthy success and recovery.

And no, English isn't my second language as it turns out!

Love much.

Mon Feb 18, 08:45:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

Good luck with the slice and dice...and I hear tell that chicks really dig dudes with scars. :)

Tue Feb 19, 10:16:00 am

 
Blogger Is it sync'd yet? mused...

Have them carve something into your skull while they are in there.

Like your name or a symbol. I have some on my forhead under the skin...anouther story anouther time.

Best of luck, if the job thing gets more real I will need to bounce some questions off you.

Thanks for the offer.


Gnat.
.

Wed Feb 20, 04:42:00 am

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

Just as well; those clinics are run by Draculas anyway.

One of my friends went in for a "routine operation" and came out with a dog head. The weird thing is, the insurance covered it.

Wed Feb 20, 03:22:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

Well, crap. Keep us posted. They bumped me on my last surgery for an old lady, but I got to watch "Species II" in my room to pass the time. Freaked all the nurses out. Go figure.

Sat Feb 23, 08:30:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Thinking of you! Love you!

Sun Feb 24, 04:16:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

You mean they DIDN'T cut yer face off?!?!?!?!

Wed Feb 27, 12:17:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Girls who think boys who sew are hot are hot!

Wed Feb 27, 12:58:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey L>t, I'm trying to go for a look that'll let me be the next Bond villain.. Except I'll be the one who finally shuts-up and just kills Bond. Yay for me!

Wed Feb 27, 12:59:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Thanks Shel!

Maybe in April it'll all come to fruition! Stupid 'head fruit'. Ha!

English is not my second language either but I constantly give people the impression it is.

Wed Feb 27, 01:01:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Actually JLee, that's a lie they tell guys with scars to help them feel better. Now chicks who lie! Now that's a turn on ;)

Wed Feb 27, 01:02:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Gnat, man, my partner Mooncar and I really, really want to know that story. Hmmm, intra-cranial messages. Nice!

Wed Feb 27, 01:03:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Gyrobo, I don't believe that for a second! Dog heads are a non-scheduled item, even if it was an ex-gratia decision by the insurance company he would have at least been stuck with the anaesthetist costs... and possibly compensation to the dog's family.

I do agree though, Vampyres!

Wed Feb 27, 01:07:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Well, JLee, she probably just needed that hip more than you needed the boob job. Jokes!

I've never watched those Species movies... that good huh?

Wed Feb 27, 01:09:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey there Ms Lowenstein, awww shucks, love ya too!

Wed Feb 27, 01:09:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Tich!

Nah, they haven't done it yet. They're waiting for a surgeon who has the guts to ruin a face as beautiful as mine. They haven't found one yet, I keep getting into the operating theatre before the surgeon breaks down and sobs, "I can't do it. It's a crime to humanity!"

Hope everything's going well at the winter palace!

Wed Feb 27, 01:12:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

Ah, I'm no longer a resident of The Winter Palace...

Wed Feb 27, 03:14:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ermm... wot?

Have you become trailer park trash?

Wed Feb 27, 04:39:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

update coming to an email near you...

Fri Feb 29, 01:17:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home