10/03/2006

Things to know about Aussies...

Australians REALLY like sports


Australians REALLY like public holidays


Australians REALLY like BBQ's


Australians REALLY like to drink


Australians REALLY like to drink at BBQ's held in

honour of major sporting events and public holidays


Australians REALLY feel like the illustration below

after a weekend involving two different football grandfinals

and a public holiday Monday.


OK, it may just be me... So instead of posting anything I've just added links to your blogs. Wow, that only took twelve-odd months. If I missed you, which is possible, let me know and I'll add your name this time next year.

Take: 47

Blogger Wendy mused...

is it because you don't love me anymore? Or because I said I was going to link everyone on MY blog this weekend and didn't?

Links are haaaaard...(say in a whiney voice)

Tue Oct 03, 02:58:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

You will always be the warm little centre of my blog world Wendy!

Which is why I linked you. Or are you just upset that I linked you as a Teenage Drug Mule?

Tue Oct 03, 03:04:00 pm

 
Blogger Wendy mused...

Doh! I was looking for the "W". I like your link title better! I really need to re-create that story.

Tue Oct 03, 03:30:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

It is pretty funny that there is probably only you, me, Squid and maybe one or two others that would understand that reference.

It was a truly excellent story. Just feel lucky I didn't call you Happy Choking til Pee Girl.

Tue Oct 03, 03:53:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Lol! So you had a good time :0)

I guess we can gather from your post that Australians really like to party!

Love the star in your eyeball.

Tue Oct 03, 04:57:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

See people, Pal really does love cricket... the puppet...

Most Aussies enjoy a quiet beer with their mates... as long as it's followed by a lot more loud beers. It was fun, I know good people. But now I need a day off from fun and good people.

Star in my eyeball? Sheesh, is that what that is!? I wondered why my head was pounding.

Tue Oct 03, 05:24:00 pm

 
Blogger Bathroom Hippo mused...


Yay linked!

Even Rich has a soul! Haha.

Tue Oct 03, 10:05:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

I thought the world was an oyster?!?!

Did you know that you can get yer links cloumn to display properly at the top of your page by making your page wider in the template?
Because you publish pictures, they have preference in your page display over the sidebar.
You probably know this and I'm just annoying you...

Tue Oct 03, 10:13:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

You forgot,
Aussies put the "our" in "honour"...sounds like something a coach would say.

Very creative links..kinda like a fun word search! (on crack) :)

Tue Oct 03, 11:21:00 pm

 
Blogger pal mused...

Sorry - I was too busy thinking about Picasso. I see now its the star in your ear ;0)

Wed Oct 04, 03:45:00 am

 
Blogger Gyrobo mused...

That's totally what I picture when I think of Australia.

Wed Oct 04, 11:14:00 am

 
Blogger jin mused...

OOooo...LOVE that moon!
(When I'm not the cake goddess,
I'm a moon goddess. :-)

Heeheeeee!!!

Thank you for the linky!
Will add you after my insane weekend is over.

No Fair.
I'll look like your piccie but
there won't be any alcohol involved.

P.S. I can't remember if I thanked you for the 'Ice Cream Cake' on my b-day?!!?
Thank You! :-D

Wed Oct 04, 11:29:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

B-Hip

That's a lie, you can't prove anything!

Wed Oct 04, 02:33:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Tich,

It was either that title or 'Paper Tube Solo!'. I may yet change it...

Thanks for the tip on the template. I have no idea how to do that stuff though.

Wed Oct 04, 02:35:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hey JLee,

I work with medical type professionals so when we come across someone doing the wrong thing we usually say 'He's putting the tit into practitioner', is that the same thing?

Yours was actually the hardest title to come up with, I was going to put it as 'Deletes Blog, Photoshops Face' but then I realised that was actually my description.

Wed Oct 04, 02:38:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Pal, Pal, Pal... ear? beer!

Wed Oct 04, 02:41:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Gyrobo!

Australia has changed a LOT in the last couple of decades but thankfully this part of Aussie culture has continued to be a common denominator with people from all walks of life.

Wed Oct 04, 02:47:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hey Jin, the moon is an illustration I did for a kiddies book I was writing. I probably should finish that at some stage.

Well, at least after a nights sleep you'll feel better. I unfortunately felt the alcoholic effects for the entire next day. Blaaarrggggg... still worth it though.

Yes! You did thank me. It was my pleasure. Everyone desrves Cake on their B'day. In a cute coincidence my younger Bro also gets an ice-cream cake on his birthday.

Wed Oct 04, 02:52:00 pm

 
Blogger Lil Mizfit mused...

*gasp* i'm linked as 'Types like Text Message'???!

RICH, i think u need a long vacation!

:P

Wed Oct 04, 05:16:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

I added your link with an oh-so-specific description...

Thu Oct 05, 02:21:00 am

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

Freak'n Nuts, huh? WOO WOO ;]

Australians REALLY are just like those fun-loving good-looking people in the Outback steakhouse commercials.

Except hung over?

Thu Oct 05, 02:45:00 am

 
Blogger Arcturus mused...

Ahem ... Arcturus here... link?

Things Americans love:

Television, usually stupid reality tv shows.

Football (American)

Baseball

Walmart

Giant SUVs

Voting against their economic interests

Highways

Hotdogs

McDonalds

Going on long and loud about how religious they are

Eschewing fancy book larn'n

Thu Oct 05, 07:31:00 am

 
Blogger Arcturus mused...

Oh, and guns. Americans worship guns. Especially down South.

Thu Oct 05, 07:32:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hey Mizfit, I know, I know, but you do... and it was too difficult to come up with a descriptor for you insightful, touching, and even humorous posts.

I think you're right. I just had a holiday, but I'll take another. Holidays are goooood!

Thu Oct 05, 08:54:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Excellent JLee, I'm sure it's very, um, sorta, kinda, possibly specific.

Thu Oct 05, 08:55:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Nice train impersonation l>t, "Woo Woo".

Trust me, in my books being called freak'n nuts is a compliment.

That's exactly what Australians aren't like, well, except the hung-over thing... actually we call it being well hung!

Thu Oct 05, 08:57:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hey Cricket, you little cutie you!

Don't be fooled, everyone LOVES cricket! I'm afraid I linked you up with Squid. If you'd prefer your own link I'm sure it can be arranged. I know what it's like to always have to share things with another person. My older brothers birthday is two days before mine on the calendar. We always shared parties.

Thu Oct 05, 09:00:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Arcturus

I linked you under 'Some Sort of Star'. You even get alliteration!

Actually, not many people realise this but American culture has been installed via TV over the Australian culture. You'll find that list is pretty much what Aussies like as well. Not baseball though, no, not baseball! We have an equally fascinating sport called cricket. It's like baseball only a lot more strategic and dangerous.

Thu Oct 05, 09:03:00 am

 
Blogger Jane mused...

take 29! love it


only you, rich, know how jealous I am of your sex ... Dean Moriarty I would love to fuck but I'd prefer to be Grady McNeil (let's see if you get that reference ;)

xoxo

Thu Oct 05, 12:06:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Does that make me Clyde? I mean the way we don't converse and the imposition of menaced silence, not the bedding part.

Are you a Tomboy?

Thu Oct 05, 12:15:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

The blog looks great! :)

Thu Oct 05, 01:14:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

So do you!

Thu Oct 05, 01:19:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I meant your blog... but you're a dream as well.

Thu Oct 05, 01:23:00 pm

 
Blogger Jane mused...

Oh darling - I am as girly as they come...

With a salty mouth and a dark mind

Thu Oct 05, 02:14:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I don't think a Grady you would make then. Maybe you should try for Holly Golightly, but not the Axelrod version of course. Although if you had a dark mouth a salty mind and looked like Audrey you could do anything you wanted really.

Thu Oct 05, 02:28:00 pm

 
Blogger Lil Mizfit mused...

holidays should be followed by more holidays. sunday after a sunday after another sunday...thats how it shud b!
:)

Thu Oct 05, 07:11:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Sunday after Sunday... Eeek, I have a thing against Sundays. Sundays were days where half the day was spent hearing about how evil you were, why you were going to hell, and why god was going to punish you. And that was just the car ride to church. I'd prefer Saturday after Saturday.

Fri Oct 06, 10:16:00 am

 
Blogger Monkey mused...

I miss drinking in Australia until I felt like a moon with an arrow to pee in.

"Please Send Bananas"! I like that.

Now I must put my considerable brain power to work and find a suitable name for your link.

Fri Oct 06, 10:28:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I can soooo see you sitting on Coogee beach with a banana daiquiri in one hand and a pee-arrow in the other.

I used none of my limited brain power to come up with that link name. I just used the three very cute words that appear in each and every one of your posts.

Fri Oct 06, 11:06:00 am

 
Blogger Murp! mused...

I thought this post said: Things to know about Wussies...

What a disapoinment when I thought you were from Wustralia!

Fri Oct 06, 01:28:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Learn to read Murp! *kick to the head* Dumbass puppet! Go play with your butter.

Fri Oct 06, 01:46:00 pm

 
Blogger Friends of McDougal mused...

Man, I love comin' over here.

Is it possible to get second hand drunk?

Fri Oct 06, 10:37:00 pm

 
Blogger Lil Mizfit mused...

sorry! i 4got abt going to church on sunday. me hindu u c.
well, saturday after saturday is also welcome...really welcomed, ie...
:D

Sat Oct 07, 05:08:00 pm

 
Blogger concerned citizen mused...

pee arrow? suddenly it makes sense.

Tue Oct 10, 12:45:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Dude! I didn't see you down here. Of course you can get second hand drunk, the blood transfusion is messy, but you can do it.

Personally I prefer 18 year old scotch. It's just as messy but somehow more satisfying.

Tue Oct 10, 01:12:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

I thought of changing to Hindi. But then Jesus visited me in a dream and told me I'd go to hell if I didn't become Muslim.

Tue Oct 10, 01:13:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

It does?

Tue Oct 10, 01:14:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home