3/27/2008

Excuses

Relax! Do I need an excuse for not finishing the film yet? It is, after all, a film I designed to help iron out some of the digital effects and puppet making skills I want to use for the Sprites. That has been done. So although none of you have seen it, it’s an excellent film if only for this reason.

Strangely though, as I look around at similarly genre media being produced at the moment I do keep seeing hints of the Sprites. Which of course probably means my time is running out to produce them... that or I should be approaching these people to work on the Sprites. This often happens to people in this industry. You have an idea, work hard at figuring out what the best slant for that idea is, how it should be birthed into the world and then you discover someone already has a similar idea just being put into production.


Not the same picture but still LSD induced art?

I know Mooncar has often claimed people have stolen my ideas in one way or another. That’s not true. But it is almost as if artists are all looking at the same Akashic records and the first one to interpret what we’re instinctively feeling/seeing correctly, truly believe in it as an idea and be in a position to run with it will get the production up first. Hmmm, imagine if that was even remotely true, it does of course beg the question of what’s so important about the world seeing a strangely rendered but beautiful puppet show for kiddies at this point in time? Ha, I’m not nearly fatalistic enough to pretend I can answer that.
__________________

Of course, that does not in any way explain why big studios release uncannily similar pictures at the same time. That’s purely thieving an idea already in production and claiming ‘marketing strategy’ as an excuse. That’s why one of the films will always have poor production values, a ‘rushed’ look, with a story although similar that is truly pitiful. That’s the one that’s the marketing driven box office slop.
__________________

So, what’s my excuse for not finishing the film? Hmmm, let me see…

Evil Richard (whose removal has been postponed again
BTW, grrr) told me its completion would disrupt
universal harmony, I couldn’t do it to you all…

I was on a research trip to the former Soviet Union.
Now I know they celebrate Easter I can finish the film…

I accidentally fell into a small cardboard box,
liked it a lot and thought I’d stay a while…

I’ve been involved in developing a vaccine for an
upcoming bird flu pandemic to be unleashed by the CIA…

The UN international tribunal put me under house arrest
for committing a crime against humanity… luckily once I
had explained it, they agreed it was a necessary crime…

I had to stop and change a Nun’s tire. She was a naughty nun.
We fell in love. We ran away to Patagonia. A week later I realised
it was purely infatuation. Strangely, my car was still on the side
of the highway completely intact... I thought god would have been angrier...

I’m actually a Superhero, that last villain Kronos managed to
freeze me in a time fissure. But I think we’re all agreed, I showed him!..

I needed to brush my teeth, with a rare deep-sea crustacean…

A turf war broke out between local hoods that shut down our
entire neighbourhood. I mean really, it was an argument
that was actually over local turf. None of us dared leave
our houses in case we stepped on a piece of grass...

I just couldn’t find my characters motivation despite
having tried amphetamines, marijuana, LSD, and
psychedelic mushrooms; wouldn’t you know it, I’d
accidentally left it in my other pair of pants…

Well, surely it has to be one of those. In possibly related news, I’m going here this weekend.



So I should be nice and relaxed when I’m able to access my editing suite again next Monday, it's been off limits this week due to other work being conducted on it.

Take: 32

Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Did you really do all of those things? Wow! No wonder you are going on vacation.

BTW Is that vacation picture of the midwest United States?

Thu Mar 27, 03:32:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Diana, Of course I did all those things. Would I ever exaggerate? Moi? No, Never!

I believe that's a beach on the New South Wales Central Coast. Putty Beach to be exact. Not exactly where I'm going but close enough.

Is there a reason I should be going to the Midwest United States this weekend?

Thu Mar 27, 03:40:00 pm

 
Blogger Rita mused...

That's OK dear, I found all your excuses very plausible.

Once when we were camping two of my children 5 & 6 at the time were told to go into the woods to gather sticks for a campfire & were gone for hours. Of course we went into a panic after awhile & thought they were lost, when they finally came strolling in with no sticks, I was in a horrible state & laid into them. They both insisted through their tears as they were being punished that they had seen White Elephants up in the woods. I could not get them to recant. No matter how I beat them. I'm pretty sure they concocted the story when they realized they were going to be in trouble, but I'm not entirely positive. Now that they are in their 20's, perhaps I should try to beat it out of them, again.

So that jerk e-vile Richard is still around?

Thu Mar 27, 04:05:00 pm

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

Have fun on the beach. The top picture looks like a Buddhist Mandala.

Thu Mar 27, 04:25:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

You do L>t, geesh, you're gullible!

See I think you took the wrong tact on that one. I think you should have gotten pencils and paper out and asked them to draw pictures of the white elephants they had seen, just as they relaxed thinking all was going to be OK, I then would have beaten them for not being able to render high enough quality pictures.

Yeah, still still giving me grief and whispering into my ear. He really is a pain in the arse! Wait, head... pffft, what's the difference?!

Thu Mar 27, 04:38:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

That's the plan Phos. My girl just decided to book a nice place on the beach for the weekend. I think it's her way of enforcing rest... little does she know!

It's interesting you say that, it's supposed to be a rendering of the Akashic which is a Hindi idea originally. These things are all connected I guess.

Thu Mar 27, 04:42:00 pm

 
Blogger Rita mused...

Are you sure e-vile Richard hasn't taken over your brain? Asking small children to draw when you can beat them with the ever present hot wheel tracks?
This is how we disciplined children in the 1980's.

Have ever you ever had the pleasure?

Thu Mar 27, 05:02:00 pm

 
Blogger Rita mused...

Stumped you didn't I?

Ok, I'm kidding, I never beat my kids with Hot Wheel Tracks. I threw them at them. Pretty ineffectual I know, that is why they have absolutely no respect for my authority.

Thu Mar 27, 05:24:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

Bird flu! That's what must have happened to Red on the branch. Displaced his head from sneezing. And I've been blaming the Easter bunny taking a revenging chomp *!*

Thu Mar 27, 05:43:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

In America we choose sand as a beach substrate, not putty. Ah, cultural differences!

Fri Mar 28, 05:31:00 am

 
Blogger Scarlet Hip mused...

You were at the pub. Admit it.

I used to go up the Central Coast all the time - I had friends in Wyong and Gosford, and we used to go the beaches in Terrigal and Avoca. I loved it up there.

I need to find myself a new Aussie boy to bring me back there...got any hot friends?

Fri Mar 28, 07:52:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ha! L>t! Stumped me? Are you kidding. I haven't been stumped in a long time. Do Americans even know what 'Being stumped' means? My guess is they think it's something to do with trees.

Anyway, no, not stumped. Went home. Hot wheels tracks are great but if you use them too freely they leave terrible welts. Which is why I always use a phone book and a piece of cement filled hosing. Eastern Block Interrogation Style!

Actually, I've never had to discipline a child in my life. Never want to either. Except for maybe myself, I get out of control sometimes when I've had too much sugar.

Fri Mar 28, 09:42:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Bimbimbie,

I?

what?

Noooooooooo!

Poor red! Not the Bird Flu. Damn and I thought we had foiled the CIA on that one. Maybe, just maybe, the CIA has joined forces with the Easter Bunny. Those chocolate loving rat bastards!

Fri Mar 28, 09:44:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Diana, did you hear that tearing sound?

That was my sides splitting!

Putty ! *comtemptous laugh* Har har haaaaaryaaaawn.

Don't be making fun of our beaches, did you know we export sand to Hawaii so they have lovely white sandy beaches rather than black volcanic sand.

Fri Mar 28, 09:55:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Ms Scarlet, I wouldn't be owning up to knowing people in Gosford. People from Gosford are, how to put it subtly... FREAKS! Hahaha!

Yeah, OK, they're not. But every time Mooncar and I catch a train up that way there's always some freak on the train who inevitably gets off at Gosford. I think the trick is to know the people who don't take the train.

Avoca and Terrigal and awesomeness. Last time I was in Terrigal I saw, from across a road, Layne Beachley. I was all star struck and stuff. She's like a total legend.

PS. Of course I do. Do you want the ones that are gay or taken?

Fri Mar 28, 10:01:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

Your weekend destination looks like a crator on Mars... but I left a little something there for ya so you can finish yer dang film!

Fri Mar 28, 10:41:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Crater on Mars? To me it looks like a glorious beach at Sunset. Half a dozen of one six of the other!

Is the thing you left me smoke-able or pop-able? That won't help me finish the film... I'm sure it'll be good though.

Fri Mar 28, 10:54:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

It's injectable and it'll make yer cut orf yer air!

Fri Mar 28, 11:40:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Tut tut, young Man! Drawing blood in the name of a good time has to be the first 'hint' that it's probably not good for you. Injectable is bad mmm-kay! Yes it will cut off your air.

Wait, you meant hair. Crikey! Now you're bleeding, bald and your air supply is running low. Give me my quiet life any day! You know the one where having a tumour has me bald, bleeding from surgery (whenever that will be), and on a respirator during the cut... wait... injectables are on a par with tumours!

Fri Mar 28, 12:01:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

Will we be seeing your Easter film NEXT easter? Or will that tumour (your brain?) be cut out then? The LSD induced art looks peculiar, it's a little white box with a red cross inside ... ;)

Fri Mar 28, 01:37:00 pm

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

Hope you and your girl are having a great time at the beach. Happy weekend!!

Sat Mar 29, 02:37:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

A little white box with a red cross inside... that's not LSD... sounds more like a tab of acid ;) Jokes! My link is broken. Better update it.

I'm not completely sure when the film will be here. Depends on how motivated I am but hopefully it'll be only a few days.

Tue Apr 01, 10:35:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Strangely Phos, it was a simply awesome weekend but we weren't at the beach. We stayed at a creek. Weird, I know, but really lovely.

Tue Apr 01, 10:36:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Why did you post a kodak snapshot and call it "LSD induced?"

Tue Apr 01, 04:12:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Are Australian creeks lined with putty like your beaches?

Tue Apr 01, 04:13:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Acid and LSD are the same thing. I asked my dealer, he agrees.

Tue Apr 01, 04:14:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

Fine replacement image! I've seen red dots but not red crosses ... Looks like you had a GREAT holiday away!

Tue Apr 01, 05:47:00 pm

 
Blogger A wildlife gardener mused...

Creative people, sush as you, don't need to apologise to anyone. You make your films and do all manner of creativity when you feel inspired...and that's the secret. If the Muse is having a day off, relax, she will come back abd inspire you later. Chill out :)

Wed Apr 02, 12:14:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Diana, Diana, Diana, So many comments, I missed you too! I didn't think I was gone that long.

1) I felt like it!

2) No. They're lined with fishes!

Wed Apr 02, 08:33:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Jennifer, you sexy minx, I can assure you that your dealer might be correct in that they both contain the same chemicals but are in no way the same thing. This is something I heard about often during my misspent youth, it's a method of delivery distinction.

Acid is the paper soaked in LSD and is usually mixed with 'wonderful' things like rat-poison (Arsenic) to further the milder reaction created by lower levels of LSD used. LSD is the liquid form and is usually much more pure resulting in a more hallucinogenic reaction, unless your dealer decides he wants it to go further and pads it out a little rat poison. Which he usually does because it means more money for him.

Either way, the come down, without or without the arsenic poisoning is a real bitch.

Wed Apr 02, 08:42:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Anonybird, I guess you're just hanging with a different crowd ;)

We did! It shouldn't have ended.

Wed Apr 02, 08:43:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Wildlife G,

I agree with you 100% on that... unfortunately in the world of film and TV it doesn't really work that way. The muse must be on tap all the time... no, I should say that you must be incredibly organised following the last visit of the muse and have all the steps laid out so that you can complete the project to a very short deadline. I never miss my deadlines... for other people.

Obviously my deadline was Easter for this project but I lost a few days to problems like lighting, drinking alcohol and cooking for family and friends, and because no-one but myself had anything riding on it I let it slip. *shrugs* Doesn't stop me from feeling guilty for missing a deadline.

Who the hell would work in film and TV??

Wed Apr 02, 08:56:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home