4/15/2008

Back to Reality

Of course, I would like to write. And of course, I would like to be making great films... or art... or something much like so many of you are doing out there.

But instead I've been taking video of young girls... errr... that sounds bad, before you call the cops you should know they parents paid me to do it... errr... wait, no really, there's no need to call the police! It's only football (that's soccer for the non-Europeans).


Australian Women's Football Team

It's always surprising in a small film industry like Australia's where the next job comes from. Now, yes, in the past I've filmed Weddings and the like but I hate that type of thing, it's not really filmmaking and I don't do videography unless it's for a really good friend. I don't need the experience, and although the money's quite good I certainly have that covered through other means. So when one of Mooncar's friends approached me to film football development videos for one of the clubs in the NSW Women's State Premier League my first reaction was, No way!

But then I started to think about it in terms of what it offered the players. I was an A Grade level footballer until my foot broke in two during an off season Comp. Occasionally when drunk I'll happily bore my friends with stories of past footballing glories. I also coached an Under 12s team and know what it's like trying to talk to juniors about aspects of the game (and their game... which is a completely different discussion) while still instilling the most important thing, the same genuine love of the game that I've always had. It also has to be said it's very difficult for young women to find a place in football. I coached one girl on my Under 12s team, the only girl in the competition in fact, and playing against the boys meant she had a lot of bench time until the second half when the bigger, faster boys had slowed down a little. Mind you, it was also because she was a great relief half back and could have an impact on the game just when you needed an offence slowed down to take the pressure off.

So, once a fortnight I rock up to the home games. Film three matches on the trot. Which is fine unless you need a bathroom break. I then edit and produce about 30-40 DVD's which I sell back to the clubs coaching staff, players and their parents (You forget how young sports people are at their peak, gosh, they're only children! I was never that young when I played A grade... surely! Okaaaay, I was a baby). Hopefully, as Coaches and Players review the DVD's, they'll come to a better understanding of their game and the higher level leagues, which in this case is only State and National (like the girls above) teams, will end up with better players for it.

A strange thought for me to be doing a job like that. It's even stranger to be doing videography and finding the process really satisfying.

Take: 56

Blogger Shelley Noble mused...

They seem really comfortable with themselves! And exactly what kind of reality are you dwelling in, Bro!?

Tue Apr 15, 03:29:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

They're a great bunch of girls. Most of the sports girls I know are more than comfortable with themselves Shelley. I think that was a photo shoot the Matildas, our national women's soccer team, did to raise money for breast cancer.

The reality that not all the jobs I take on are 'high-art' or even artistic but can still make a difference to the intended audience if done well.

Tue Apr 15, 03:39:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

...glad you explained yourself there, surprised you didn't say someone has to do it lol

Good on the girls*!*

Tue Apr 15, 05:06:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hee, Bimbimbie. Yeah, I was only joking. I've met a couple of guys who have done work for the adult industry. It does NOT sound like the type of work I would ever do. Some of the stories are grotesque.

The club lost or drew all their matches on the weekend. The coaches have their work cut out for them.

Tue Apr 15, 05:19:00 pm

 
Blogger jin mused...

How much does one get paid to play football in the buff?

More importantly... where do I sign up?

Tue Apr 15, 05:37:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

Great to hear you're supporting a worthy cause and getting back satisfaction which is worth more than money. Girls have to be tough to succeed in any sport and deserve a lot more recognition than they get :)

Tue Apr 15, 06:54:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

It costs an unbelievable amount of money Jin. But that because you have to invent a time machine, go back to ancient Sparta, and teach them football without mentioning the wonders of a good sports bra.

You can sign up... in my pants! Hahahaha... jokes!

Wed Apr 16, 08:33:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Anonybird, No doubt that female sports people never get their fair dues. At least footballers have the American and Asian leagues to aspire to. They sure do have to be tough! Mind you, I think any person who wants to succeed at their chosen endeavour needs to be tough to get there.

Sports are just harder because the ages were they have to be mentally motivated is between 14 and 21. Not exactly the ages youth are known to be using there brains or full of self control. Which is why it's so important to instil a love of the game at an early age. If they love it they'll train.

Wed Apr 16, 08:42:00 am

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

OMG!

This is my first visit from Anon. Are you going to have photos like this often?

Wed Apr 16, 09:37:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Hey Ces, welcome to Get Films.

Ha! Sorry. No. It's a rare occasion, nay, the only occasion so far. I guess you were just lucky.

~Rich

Wed Apr 16, 10:00:00 am

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

Haahaa, poor Ces ;) GET Films!?! I thought you were G3T Films ... which sounds just as powerful. Okay, I know you're really 'Rich'. I can't argue against forcing kids to take an interest in a sport of some kind from an extra early age. Apart from turning them into a disability pensioner by the time they're 25.

Wed Apr 16, 11:06:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

I could tell they were footballers right away.

Wed Apr 16, 11:22:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Grrr, tell me about it Anonybird. On both counts. a) there are too many fat kids who need to play sport (and eat better); and b) my big toe on my right foot is completely mangled from playing football. I can't even kick a ball with my right foot any more with out the toe dislocating.

Luckily I still have the skills to be able to play low grade football and only use my left foot.

Wed Apr 16, 11:38:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Tich, Why? Are they the same type of girls who put their foot into your balls?

Wed Apr 16, 11:39:00 am

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

I can pinch and pick up things with my toes.

I don't know if I would call myself lucky or unlucky. I just want to know what I am getting into when visiting a blog. However, since you have been to Anon's I'll take it you are an okay guy.

Wed Apr 16, 01:21:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

I can catch mice and thrash lizards against trunks with my toes!

Wed Apr 16, 01:34:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Ces- Rich is lying to you. He once posted a naked puppet without any peepee parts, and there was a lady with a "light up" dress.

But don't be scared off. :)

Wed Apr 16, 01:59:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

That's fantastic, I can pinch and pick up things with my fingers... I know it's a lot more common but the trade off is that I don't have to take my shoes off to pinch people.

Oh no, I'm completely disreputable! Hang on... does posting tasteful photo's of the female form make me not okay? Eeep! All those life drawing classes I went to were inhibiting my okayness and I didn't even know it.

Wed Apr 16, 02:17:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Anonybird! I once literally sat a metre away from a kookaburra doing that on a tree branch. I'd left my camera at home because I was only checking out the location and not filming... seriously silly of me.

Tenderising ones meal always makes it more palatable.

Wed Apr 16, 02:20:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Diana! Who are you? Obviously no friend of mine. Rolled over faster than a hungry fat man for a ham sandwich!

a) If a half completed puppet used in a children's film made you think of nudity then you're a pervert.

b) Are you on drugs? What are you talking about? Light up dress?

Wed Apr 16, 02:24:00 pm

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

Oh just forget it. There is nothing wrong with a group of naked females. We used to do it all the time when we were young.

You are funny.

Wed Apr 16, 02:42:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

But now I just have to know who is 'we', when does one officially become 'not young', and why does that mean you can't hang out naked with your female friends? Enquiring minds wish to know.

Just not 'ha ha' funny right?

Wed Apr 16, 02:51:00 pm

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

I think that it's always more comfortable wearing something when hanging out.

Wed Apr 16, 03:15:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Now you're just avoiding the question Ces :) Embarrassed?

Wed Apr 16, 03:57:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

I like to chew before swallowing also :) Ces is spreading viscious rumours about her girlfriends! *sigh*

Wed Apr 16, 04:06:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I swallow my meals whole... it's embarrassing to have people over to dinner.

I know! They must feel betrayed about now.

Wed Apr 16, 04:23:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Yes there was a cartoon lady with a light up/see through dress. I saw it too.

Wed Apr 16, 04:34:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

...and I saw Diana do drugs

Wed Apr 16, 04:36:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Jennifer... you would say anything to make myself and particularly Diana look bad.

What? A Cartoon with a light up/ see through dress? Gosh... let me check my files... hang on!

Wed Apr 16, 04:45:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

You two girls are just plain scary! Why are you walking around with this stuff in your memories. I'm not.

Wed Apr 16, 04:48:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

HAHHAHHHAAA!!! I *think* Ces is safe ... NOT from her girlfriends!$#&%!

Wed Apr 16, 05:24:00 pm

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

My girlfriends don't care. They're probably proud of it. No one is embarrassed, not me. It was ordinary, even in a prudent society. What are we talking about? It's another day. You are all fruity. I declare g3T, I like you anyway. Too bad for you.

Wed Apr 16, 08:30:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

They look to be quite fit and capable women, well defined muscles, and HUGE fans of White Plum! :)

Wed Apr 16, 10:06:00 pm

 
Blogger A wildlife gardener mused...

Very beautiful girls...gorgeous young bodies...I am an artist and paint life-size portraits so I appreciate their looks :)

Nice work if you can get it, I would imagine :)

Thu Apr 17, 08:16:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Anon, no, not from her girlfriends, they will hunt her down like a... a... hunted thing for the lies she has perpetrated about their all nude youthful embellishments.

Thu Apr 17, 10:17:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ces, It was ordinary in a prudent society for you and your young friends to be hanging out naked together.

Which society was this and where can I hide my camera?

You seem alright... although you're pretty uptight for a naked chick! Ha! Just jokes... great line though. I might use that in a film one day.

Thu Apr 17, 10:19:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Tich, Who isn't a fan of HUGE white plums... wait... what are we talking about?

Thu Apr 17, 10:20:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Wildlife G, I agree, in the natural world there are many, many beautiful forms, not least among them the nude human form... if only it could stay that young and fit looking forever.

I was telling my partner, Mooncar, the other day that I've been life drawing since I was about 14. Which of course in completely confronting to a 14 year old, but not nearly so confronting as, at age 15, when one of the nudes was a very wrinkly 70 year old woman. Talk about embarrassed!

Thu Apr 17, 10:26:00 am

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

I am a wrinkly 70 year old woman. Aren't these women going to get dressed? They have been naked for more than 24 hours. They must be cold.

Thu Apr 17, 01:27:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Well, if that was you posing in my Art Class and shocking my 15 year old boy sensibilities then you'd be a loooooot older than 70 now. Which means I'm well and truly old enough now to know that form has nothing to do with social sensibilities.

They are being kept warm by your constant attention... forshaaaaame!

Thu Apr 17, 01:41:00 pm

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

I did not say I was the woman posing. I said I am a wrinkly 70 year old woman. On the other hand, I'll take wrinkly away and 70 too. Just saying hello. Do you have any Australian rugy players posing like this?

Thu Apr 17, 09:42:00 pm

 
Blogger JLee mused...

Damn. All we have here in the US is the Lingerie Bowl...

http://www.lingeriebowl.com

Fri Apr 18, 12:07:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ces, I'm not sure what that is... is this a rug-y player?

Fri Apr 18, 03:21:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

JLee? What? This is not a post about nude soccer. That is just a very tasteful photo of young soccer players supporting breast cancer research which played into my little joke that saying I filmed young women sounded pervy.

That lingerie bowl thing is pervy and denigrates women.

Fri Apr 18, 03:28:00 pm

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

Didn't see anything like that photo in "Bend 'em Like Beckham!" It is pretty special when you get to work at something you really love.

Sat Apr 19, 02:50:00 pm

 
Blogger Ces Adorio mused...

Rugby, rugby players!

Sat Apr 19, 10:19:00 pm

 
Blogger captain modroom9 mused...

Rugy players sounds better!

Sun Apr 20, 06:20:00 am

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

I'm off to the donkeys in the morning for a week *OOOROOOO*!

Sun Apr 20, 11:20:00 am

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

... hope you are actually writing and not just gazing at that there photo;)

Mon Apr 21, 03:22:00 pm

 
Blogger Is it sync'd yet? mused...

pervert.


Gnat.
.

Wed Apr 23, 01:41:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Phos, Indeed it is!

PS. You should see the Directors cut, half the added scenes are done in the starkers!

Wed Apr 23, 04:51:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ces, gosh first you want naked rugy players now you want rugby players. You're insatiable!

Wed Apr 23, 04:52:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Captain, Ahoy! Welcome aboard GetFilms.

Indeed!

Wed Apr 23, 04:53:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ooorooo Anonybird! Enjoy the peace, quiet, and strange Donkey loving culture.

Wed Apr 23, 04:55:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Errr, wot? Bimbimbie? Um. When did you get here? Errrr... I was just... um... errrr....

I gotta go!

Wed Apr 23, 04:55:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Gnat...

Like, TOTALLY!

Wed Apr 23, 04:56:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home