5/20/2008

A tale of woe

Here, first click this* to add some type of atmospherics to the story.


DSR sat in the simple comfortable lounge room, the earth tones of the couch and coffee table played easefully against the craze of coloured book spines that rose above him on the deep wooden shelves around three of the walls. The fourth wall, glass, allowed warm sunbeams to pick at the dust motes in shafts giving the room the enduring sense it must be the last warm day of Autumn. But the room gave no comfort to DSR. DSR knew something was wrong. He knew it deep inside. Where the dark unseen things slither to-and-fro. Where past shows of light can be left stored, unstirred in the gloaming and sometimes even forgotten about.

DSR hadn't forgotten about the light yet but he'd also known something was wrong for some time. It just wasn't the type of thing he could tell people about. Something so intrinsic to ones being often remains hidden, should remain hidden even to oneself. As internally unquestioned as the behaviour of the madman howling under the bright orb of the moon.

But DSR knew there'd been little changes in behaviour. He lived to work, that was his way, but of late his professional demeanour had slipped. Not only in that his usually graceful body seemed to have lost something of it's youthful glow but now, tattered at the edges, his once remarkable vision, celebrated as being able to see what others could not, to capture the essence of something well before his rivals had tuned into the action, carried disturbing jumps in reality. Each tic would cause the left most side of his vision to befuddle slightly and loose a small high pitched oscillating squeal causing a moments deafness before the sounds of the world jumped back into audible focus.

Of course, none of this could be seen during the course of DSR's work. No-one around him clued into the slightest difference from his usual impressive style. But despite his outwardly regular behaviour DSR also knew that all his work was reviewed; and as he sat there in his comfortable surrounds, somewhere close by, someone would be pouring through that days work and was bound to discover a raft of hidden anomalies.

Then the phone calls would start. Probably had already started. There would be a slight frustration in the voices of Professionals from both sides of the negotiations; but that would change, the tone would become increasingly serious when they realised that this was something quite out of the ordinary. Soon they would only be asking one question, what to do with DSR? Money was a factor in DSRs line of work. He knew it and so did they. They were unlikely to abandon him until they recognised his rehabilitation would cost more money than he could bring in. Then would come the dreaded 'upgrade'. Which was fine for them. They would adjust and continue. Find a new, maybe even better way. But DSR? He would be gone. There was certainly no retirement in this line of work. After everything he'd seen he would have to be disposed of, without ceremony, without regret.

So despite his internal decrepitude which called into question everything DSR had stood for, DSR sat, unthinkingly soaked in his last rays of lights, and waited for the phone to ring to tell him it was all over.


Possibly, the last placement of DSR**



I hate it when expensive equipment fails... my poor, poor DSR-PD150P. I really can't afford a new camera. It's going to cost me at least half of my contract earnings just to cover equipment rental. Grrr. I hope DSR can be fixed... and soon!


*Music by the ever awesome Ticharu otherwise known as Plum Flower Embroided-boy or something like that.

**Modified without permission from the Fraggles voice of wisdom; Marjory the Trash Heap.

Take: 35

Blogger Anonymous mused...

Hhehheee, I shouldn't be laughing but can't help it!

Wed May 21, 04:32:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Better than crying Anonybird, better than crying!

Wed May 21, 04:36:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

I was wanting to see that 'raft of hidden anomalies" and you sent DSR-PD150P away! *angry now but the resonance of Plum Flower Embroided-boy is trying to change that with a banana*

Wed May 21, 05:06:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Anonybird, DSR had to go... I couldn't look at his sad little face without giving him the best medical care available. I'm hoping it's simply a problem with the 'dark unseen things [that] slither to-and-fro' or as we call it in the industry, the 'tape feed system'. (Also, all the pictorial anomalies are on contracted footage which I don't show without authorisation).

Banana? I don't remember a song from Ticharu involving a Banana... he did the title song for a film I wrote and edited for Monkey (linked in the side bar) called Monkey is a pilot... he also has a white guitar which has a banana pictured on it... but I don't remember my most excellent experimental musician friend with a Banana song... so confused!

Wed May 21, 09:02:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

HAHHAAA, eat Nature’s happy pill, the almighty banana! Filled with tryptophan and tyrosine, precursors to “happy” neurotransmitters – serotonin and dopamine! It will solve everything and Monkey agrees spreading the love of all things monkey!

PS: Music was from your musician friend's album named Banana Tree. *Sigh*

Wed May 21, 09:54:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Anonybird, I know this may seem hard to believe... I'm allergic to bananas. True! I really like the taste of banana paddle pops though. Have a real Banana, that would be bliss.

He has an Album named 'Banana Tree'? What year did he record that? Hmmm, I'll have to ask him.


PS. Monkey was so wonderful, I do truly wish we still had him with us.

Wed May 21, 10:16:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

That is hard to believe. Truely!?! I don't think swelling up, rapid heart beats, hives and choking would be bliss but each to their own ...

Ticharu's first Plum CD of 2008 was called Banana Tree. Sigh.

PS: *gasp* WHAT did you do to monkey to make him go away!?!

Wed May 21, 10:26:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

*choke* the flavour, the flavour would be wonderful.

*choke* Really? I've been kind of busy with documentaries and tumours? I haven't been a good friend it would seem... although Ticharu did have music in my Doco. Which I haven't sent him yet *choke*

*choke* Me? No. We had a mutual... um... let's call it a 'Not-a-stalker-cause-that-will-set-her-off-but-let's-say-someone-that-caused-a-degree-of-stress-that-lovely-monkeys-shouldn't-and-couldn't-deal-with-so-decided-to-leave-permanently' type person. I miss Monkey!

Wed May 21, 10:35:00 pm

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

Look at life this way ... how much worse could life get?

OOPS :O

*should have saved that for AFTER DSR joined Marjory the Trash Heap FOREVER*

Wed May 21, 10:59:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Anonybird, Anonybird, Anonybird...

You're part Cockatoo aren't you? Little shit stirrer :)

DSR will join Marjory! Just not yet. Although, the camera I've hired on the weekend is the camera I will buy if DSR doesn't make it. Give the new kid a trial run. He shoots in Hi-Def but can scale back to Standard Definition while I save for a new editing suite that can do Hi-Def. I think he's pretty cool... but he's no DSR, except for the sound Sony really got DSR right.

Thu May 22, 08:39:00 am

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

Hey Rich, looks like I've been producing music, or something aproximating music, faster than monkeys eat bananas! I'll send you a complete set of discs once I finish this re-issue project.

Thu May 22, 09:49:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Tich, Bro, I didn't know you made music. I had NO idea. That's, like, totally cool! Is there a place I can hear this wonderment?

I've noticed you're going a little crazy over there. Keep it up dude. It's good stuff. Although save your money on the discs... I can listen to it online. I'll try and run off a copy of the film this week and send it to you. Sorry to have been such a slacker.

Hope you're doing well.

Thu May 22, 10:01:00 am

 
Blogger the belmattrons mused...

You should shit on the camera and it will ne happy.

Thu May 22, 10:54:00 am

 
Blogger the belmattrons mused...

be

Thu May 22, 10:54:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

be? lmattrons?


Oh mighty miniature Belms. That is a superficial fix. Capricious even. Deep down the camera will still have problems that no amount of faecal matter can cover.

It'd make it hard to hold too.

Thu May 22, 11:16:00 am

 
Blogger Anonymous mused...

You're such a belmer G3TFilms. People call you rich but you aren't are you ... *bwark what's THAT between my toes?*

Thu May 22, 11:48:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I am too Rich! Everyone knows it, especially my mother.

My financial status is not for your consideration Anonybird! I am not a pauper, nor do I take it lightly when investing in tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

Is it your manners between your toes?

Thu May 22, 12:21:00 pm

 
Blogger The Phosgene Kid mused...

DSR meets Pizza the Hut. Hope he can be fixed - DSR, not Pizza...

Thu May 22, 01:00:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

R.I.P.

(BTW, thats the SECOND picture of marjory the trash heap I have seen this week! weird)

Thu May 22, 01:09:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I don't know Phos, if someone fixed me a pizza I might feel better about the camera.

Thu May 22, 01:47:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

DIANA! Long time no speaky, I have missed you! *MWAH* to you.

Really, What was the first instance of seeing Marjory. Is it a sign or something?

Thu May 22, 01:48:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

I was thinking about rubbish this morning after posting that picture actually.

My thought; The trash heap is a bibliography of human existance; and who doesn't like getting trashed?

Thu May 22, 01:51:00 pm

 
Blogger Ticharu mused...

Dude, not many people actually have hard copies of the PFE output, you are like the Australian repository for the strange worblings of the PFE bird.

Thu May 22, 09:08:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

I hope the ringing phone brings some new life to poor DSR *!*

Fri May 23, 07:29:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Ha! So when the Northern Hemisphere is plunged into a Nuclear winter of its own creation, we in the south, will still be humming away to PFE. We will become the Humisphere!

Fri May 23, 10:20:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Me too, Bimbimbie!

That would be great.

Fri May 23, 10:21:00 am

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Here Marj is from may 15:

http://dlisted.com/node/25931

from my second favorite website (second to yours of course)

Fri May 23, 02:04:00 pm

 
Blogger Diana Crabtree mused...

Speaking of trash: Jennifer Lowenstien's birthday is on saturday. She is hoping you will fly to the US and give her 31 spankings

Fri May 23, 02:05:00 pm

 
Blogger Bimbimbie mused...

pssttt*!* I was so intrigued with your tale of woe I forgot to say earlier that I enjoyed your writing.
There I've said it now *!*

Fri May 23, 07:13:00 pm

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Diana, Dang, it's Jennifer's birthday, I had it in my work diary. Unfortunate it's on a weekend, when I'm not at work to read it.

If it was in my power to fly continents for impromptu spankings, I'd be there. She is one hot saucey minx!

Make sure you give her big sloppy birthday kisses from me.

Sat May 24, 10:53:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

*blush* Awww shucks, thanks Bimbimbie!

Sat May 24, 10:54:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

The Trash Heap has Spoken! Nyeah!

Mon Jun 02, 04:24:00 am

 
Blogger SafeTinspector mused...

Just out of curiousity:
Did your Fraggle Rock have an old tinker and his dog in a little shed/shop or a lighthouse keeper and his dog or something else outside the rock in the human world?

Mon Jun 02, 04:25:00 am

 
Blogger G3T Films mused...

Yeah, there was plenty of stuff that happened in 'Outer Space'. But the most regular was that Gobo would go to a workshop where Doc and... and... Sprocket (?, I think that was the name of the dog) and pick up the postcards that were sent by Gobo's uncle (whose name I don't remember).

BTW, that noise Nyeah made by pushing the tongue between the bottom teeth and the lip, causing the lip to push out, is called a 'Belm'. Word for the day!

Mon Jun 02, 10:22:00 am

 
Blogger Edwound Wisent mused...

(^ so long ago: but as to fraggle rock ref: I still have a vhs copy of woa woe woa.. the song marg sings over purple goo.
(^ and:grumble: i'm still using my old camera that plays back hi 8 analog but CAN record in digital. (^ unlees the financial ballyhooie going on over here in USofA changes, I"ll most likly hunker down into a compostal leap myself and be glad seedling treatments love getting dunged up.

Fri Sept 26, 09:20:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home